June 2014 Moms
Options

Not Crawling?

Anyone else's LO not crawling yet? DS rolled really early but has since basically stopped rolling and doesn't seem anywhere near crawling. He hates being on his stomach so that's definitely part of it. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing with their LO. 

Re: Not Crawling?

• Options
    My daughter isn't crawling, either! She also won't sit up without assistance. It's been really discouraging to see my friends post pics and videos of their kiddos, younger than mine, so much farther ahead, developmentally.
  • Options
    I don't really go here anymore but please don't be discouraged! My 11 month old twins (preemies, so 9 months adjusted) aren't crawling yet either. DD just started scooting around but DS has zero interest. 

This was asked on my local moms group and out of the 20 people who answered, atleast 15+ of them said their babes started seeming interested around the 9 month mark but a lot didn't crawl til 10/11 months!

Of course, if you have concerns you should take to your ped. Ours said that crawling is definitely not a milestone as long as they are meeting all their other ones - it's fine!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine isn't crawling yet. There is a huge range in when babies start crawling, and it has no impact on their later selves. My first daughter didn't start until 10 months, and she's a perfectly happy, healthy 3 year old who loves running and jumping and climbing. All kids are different, and as stressful as that can make things, it's best to just celebrate the things they can do and trust that they'll get to the rest. I know it can be frustrating though - Viviana wants to crawl so badly and just yells and yells that she can't. I am so ready for her to start.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Mine is crawling but not correctly. It's a cross between an army crawl and a belly flop. I am more frustrated than him bc it looks painful and I just want him to get there.
  • Options
    Mine is not yet. She has always been very calm and has been content just hanging where she is. She just recently started wanting things out of reach more, learned to sit up from laying, and I think crawling is soon. I am enjoying the last bit of immobility while I can!
  • Options
    Mine is not crawling, scooting or even sitting up unattended. My 3 girls were doing all the above by 7 months and he is content just chillin'. Of course it makes me worry but, he's strong and healthy. He has 3 big sisters, a mom and nanny that picks him up at any whimper and he has a ridiculously long torso so I'm hoping that is all that is preventing him from doing so. I get your frustraton of seeing others his age doing all these "tricks" but they do all develop different. it will come in time and you are not alone. 
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    My LO a is 9 months and not crawling yet. He scoots a little...usually backwards but hasn't quite got the crawling thing down and I've learned that he likes to do things at his own pace and not rushed or forced so I'm going with the flow and trying not to stress about it. He's healthy and happy in line with everything else so I'm just enjoying the time. And I know once he's mobile we will never sit down lol. Hang in there it will happen soon enough when they are ready!
  • Options
    Mine is not technically crawling yet either and he is about to be 10 months. At about 8 1/2 months he started rolling across the room and that's all he will do just roll in one direction. Now he is dragging his belly with his arms across the whole house but he's only propelling with the left side of his body so I'm a little concerned he's only using the left leg to push off ...I try to put his butt in the air but he just wants to do it his way...I figured he will figure it out eventually you can't really force it. I totally can relate to the frustration about everybody else's say major younger kids crawling or even walking and you feel like something is wrong but my pediatrician told me it is all normal but still of course we wish that our little one crawled or walked as well ☺️
  • Options
    Mine was a belly crawler until two days ago, then without warning he just started regular crawling. It was weird. While he was belly crawling I figured he would never crawl because he never even showed interest in trying.
  • Options
    My daughter had her 9 month appointment and I brought up that she's not crawling yet and the Dr. said it's not considered a milestone that they have to hit, and she might not crawl at all and it's nothing to be worried about. She does sort of scoot around on her butt and can do a 360 turn around that way. Sometimes she'll look like she's about to get int he crawling position, but then sits right back up. 
  • Options
    My lo did a belly crawl and at 11 months started doing regular crawl ...they all develop in their own ways
  • Options
    Just wanted to update -- my daughter crawled on her hands and knees for the first time this weekend! She is 11 months and 1 week. I guess it is true -- they all develop on their own timelines. I need to stop comparing and stressing!
  • Options
    Glad you got to breathe a sigh of relief! As a former early childhood educator, I always found the term "crawling" to be misleading. I have found a better term to be "locomotive movement". Lots of babies sit-scoot, or inchworm, some even log roll. The important step is not /how/ they move, but that they cognitively realize they have the independence and desire to get somewhere and physically work to reach their goals.