Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC with a husband who doesent quite get it!

Hey all so my husband and I are TTC and I have been doing all my research and such on my FW and CD etc...

He is younger than me 4 years to be exact and with me being 28 I can feel my clock ticking!

He is on board but he just doesn't get like the whole we need to TTC lol. He's just like very laid back about it and wants to just have sex when he feels like it, wither or not its my FW and such.

I think I am more on board than he is obviously and this is frustrating. Anyone else out there have the same issue or have any advice?

I am starting to get very emotional about it and having a hard time with it.

Thanks!

Re: TTC with a husband who doesent quite get it!

• Options
    Just don't tell him. I know my dh wanted children but couldn't perform on demand. Ito made it easier on our relationship for me not to be like 'ok, I am ovulating, let's go'.
    I had to keep sex fun. And you are only 28, you have many potential reproductive years ahead of you.
  • Options
    I think a lot of hubby's are like this. They don't want to think about the details and the more we pile on them the more stressful and off putting it can be for them (of coarse, not all men fall into this category but definitely some!). I say do what you need to do, if you temp or use OPKs or whatever, do it! Instead of announcing its your fertile week or that ovulation is coming, just initiate sex. I Feel pretty safe in saying that all men don't mind that! Try not to get stressed out about it. Go about living your life in a normal way. Find a hobby or so,ething to keep you busy during the waiting periods. Good luck!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto pp's. Initiate it yourself. Don't make it feel like a chore.  Talk to your H about your concerns.  As long as you're having regular (3x a week is what my GYN told me) unprotected sex, you're good. You don't need to have sex every day in your FW.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    Ya I don't tell my husband unless he asks. The cool thing is ....sorry tmi....but I get more into sex the closer I am to my fw....naturally without having to work at it. So for me at least I don't have to worry about telling him that it's time because I naturally feel inclined. So it's more of a natural thing I guess and he usually doesn't even think about it. Keep it fun this is supposed to be the fun part :^) (my husband also doesn't like pressure it doesn't work for him at all lol)
  • Options
    Another one for not talking too much about it. I told DH I was going to start temping/charting. He wanted to be more "relaxed" about it. I told him that me taking my temp and charting it did not impact him in any way so he could just get over it. He's on board with it now because he knows it keeps me from going crazy wondering when to POAS or if we hit our FW. I just don't tell him the details.
  • Options

Thanks everyone! You all made me feel much better about this whole thing. I deff will keep him in the loop if he asks and other than that just have fun with it!

Thanks!

• Options

Just don't tell him. I know my dh wanted children but couldn't perform on demand. Ito made it easier on our relationship for me not to be like 'ok, I am ovulating, let's go'.
    I had to keep sex fun. And you are only 28, you have many potential reproductive years ahead of you.

Yes, agree with Pugs&Kisses. Don't make sex a chore & enjoy this time. Really, you don't have to go nuts during your fertile window.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    28 is not old. Scheduled sex is no fun. Just have sex 2-3 times a week and you will most likely hit your fertile window.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    What is wrong with your biological clock, if it's ticking that loud at 28?!

28 is not old. Just because you are in a hurry to have a baby does not mean you don't have plenty of time to do so.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Options
    28 is not old, my friend.
  • Options
    Regardless of your age if you feel your body telling you that you need to have a baby then that's the way you feel (i feel the same way right now) and my husband is the same way if it happens it happens if it doesn't then he's fine with it. I sat down with him for a serious conversion about how I felt about the whole thing and now he understands where I'm coming from. He still isn't in the same boat but he's more supportive.
  • Options
    I'm 25, my husband is 28. While I don't feel like my biological clock is ticking, I'm personally in a rush to have a baby because I'm ready to be a mom.

We've been not trying, not preventing for three years, and actively trying for a year. I count 8 cycles because those are the ones we've had sex during our fertile window. I do not push sex on my husband before ovulation, nor do I mention it at all. We enjoy sex, because we love each other and it's part of our relationship. Don't put pressure on your relationship, it causes stress and a rift between you.
  • Options
    MsTSRMsTSR member
    edited February 2015
    28 is not old, but when it comes to starting a family that's a perfect age. I wish I would have been married at that age. I'll be 34 in 2 weeks and been ttc for a year with a irregular cycle. Last year i had about 5 or 6 cycles. I did a lot of crying 2014 and almost gave up. But I'm back at it again. Wish me luck. Oh and as for my hubby, I don't tell him much, but let's have sex lol
  • Options
    auttiegreeleyauttiegreeley member
    edited February 2015
    If she feels like her fertile clock is ticking, that is how she feels. She doesn't need to be told that she has "plenty of time" or is "not old". She can feel how ever she wants to feel and it is discouraging to try to get pregnant when you want it to happen fast. Try to be understanding.
  • Options

If she feels like her fertile clock is ticking, that is how she feels. She doesn't need to be told that she has "plenty of time" or is "not old". She can feel how ever she wants to feel and it is discouraging to try to get pregnant when you want it to happen fast. Try to be understanding.

A biological clock is a real thing. if she feels it is ticking, she is wrong. I think that should make her feel better. Why would she want to feel like her eggs are drying up when they're not?
    Of course it's discouraging to not get pregnant right away, but that's life and many of us have gone through it. Trying to act like you have a medical problem when you don't, how would that make you feel any better. Isn't it more constructive to tell someone they have no reason to worry?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    DR53114 said:

He is on board but he just doesn't get like the whole we need to TTC lol. He's just like very laid back about it and wants to just have sex when he feels like it, wither or not its my FW and such.

I think I am more on board than he is obviously and this is frustrating. Anyone else out there have the same issue or have any advice?

Have sex when you feel like it.  If you make trying to conceive a chore or a job, then you're treating your husband as a sperm donor and sex as a means to something else that has nothing to do with loving your spouse.

I loathe when people do this.  I'm all on your husband's side on this one.
  • Options

Try to be less preachy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"