Trying to Get Pregnant

Feeling Overwhelmed

2»

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed

• jnissa said:

Konaney said:

BritniB86 said:

I'd like to point out that I don't think BBT is easy for me personally because of how insanely tired I generally am when I wake up. No matter my sleep schedule, I'm unconscious until I get into my shower.
    Everyone is different with what comes easy to them. No need to make them feel bad about themselves, especially when they are expressing that they are overwhelmed to start.
    "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." <3

How are you going to get up with a screaming baby in the middle of the night if you can't even open your eyes for half a minute to take your temp??
    Are you for real? Come on. I sincerely hope you're joking. FYI, I also said that I have a had a hard time with BBT because my mornings are unpredictable (and I'm sleepy). Guess what? I have no problem getting up for my screaming newborn at night because IT'S NOT THE SAME THING. And guess what else? Sometimes I still forget my vitamins in the morning because mornings are hard for me. I'd like to think that you, too, understand that getting up to take a temperature and getting up to deal with a crying baby are not in any way the same thing. 

Oh I'm for real, this is a legit question. When people can't perform the simplest of tasks, it makes me wonder how they get through the more difficult things in life.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jellyfish42Jellyfish42 member
    edited February 2015
    Konaney said:

jnissa said:

Konaney said:

BritniB86 said:

I'd like to point out that I don't think BBT is easy for me personally because of how insanely tired I generally am when I wake up. No matter my sleep schedule, I'm unconscious until I get into my shower.
    Everyone is different with what comes easy to them. No need to make them feel bad about themselves, especially when they are expressing that they are overwhelmed to start.
    "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." <3

How are you going to get up with a screaming baby in the middle of the night if you can't even open your eyes for half a minute to take your temp??
    Are you for real? Come on. I sincerely hope you're joking. FYI, I also said that I have a had a hard time with BBT because my mornings are unpredictable (and I'm sleepy). Guess what? I have no problem getting up for my screaming newborn at night because IT'S NOT THE SAME THING. And guess what else? Sometimes I still forget my vitamins in the morning because mornings are hard for me. I'd like to think that you, too, understand that getting up to take a temperature and getting up to deal with a crying baby are not in any way the same thing. 

Oh I'm for real, this is a legit question. When people can't perform the simplest of tasks, it makes me wonder how they get through the more difficult things in life.
    To add, if you can remember to do such simple habits in the mornings, instead of griping about that fact, why not be proactive? Instead of making excuses for it, why not actively work towards finding a routine that you can stick to?

In general, excuses are bullshit and people who make excuses are bullshitting themselves.
  • Before TTC the first time I just mentioned to my OB at my well woman that we were thinking about trying soon and he said to start taking prenatals with folic acid prior to starting and go for it after finishing the last pill from that month's pack. He said it could take up to a year for a healthy couple with no reproductive issues to get pregnant.
    we didn't actively TTC (temping, opks or anything like that). I became pregnant on my 6th cycle.

We've decided to try for #2 this year. I Finished up BC at the end of December and took precautions to prevent a pregnancy in January while I started my lrenatalls. This month we didn't prevent, but weren't actively trying. This cycle we will be actively trying so I've ordered an OPK, but will not be temping yet. I may start temping if we don't concieve within 6 months. I'm only 29 as well so it could easily take us up to a year, but I've had baby fever since getting off of BC.

Good luck!!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Temping is awesome, no problem with it. I've been through two newborn phases (and other major life events) & I still don't like to temp. My issue is reading the charts & trying to figure them out. Not so much the daily "simple" task of taking the temps.

So, if someone chooses not to temp I think it's unfair (and unnecessary arm flailing) to extrapolate that somehow they couldn't handle the tasks & alertness required to take care of an infant.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• edited February 2015
    Wow, So I read half way down this post and then had to quit,.... Isn't the point of these message boards to support and help one another? We are ALL going through the same thing, whether we are 19 and ttc for the first month, or 30 with PCOS and a 10% chance, some ppl are trying for two or three, some would be thrilled with just one..... Some people dont understand the BBT, and if you roll over to much, then forget trying cuz its going to be invalid.... some people cant use the CM method because of the infertility drugs they are on causes hostile CM anyway..... There is tons of ideas and advice out there, tons of different personal stories, but I do believe that there is ENOUGH negative in this Trying to Conceive journey we are all on, that we dont need to lash out and bash each other. Would you ever wish trying to have a baby for two years with no positive, or a positive a miscarriage, and then negatives on anyone??? I know I wouldnt. Not even my worst enemy, everyone on these boards are suppose to be confidants and understand what we are going through, because our moms friends and sisters have never had trouble trying to conceive, never dealt with the psycho personality that clomid brings..... so if you want to be a hateful bumpie then keep it to yourself and lets bring back up the positive and support to help eachother. Thats all I was looking for when I started on this site, and apparently I was barking up the wrong tree, so I will continue my search for a better site with better people and better advice and a nicer tone. This journey is HARD and difficult and depressing... we are all on edge and moody, We dont need to turn on each other. Be nice!
  • And I have PCOS, so the Temp charting and OPK's are not very accurate or reliable. So Temping is hard for me so I dont do it, because I have bloold work that proves I ovulated, and a temp chart that has the same temp on it for 6 weeks, and you need to take it at the same time everyday, which isn't as easy as it sounds, and if you use an electric blanket, which we do, then it also throws it off, so short of setting an alarm and waking up at 430 am to temp and go back to bed, and still not getting any results or any closer to any idea when your ovulating after spending $$ on the special best and most sensitive thermometer..... getting negatives and no's and then seeing other people just popping up with babies and pregnacy bumps, is heart breaking to some. 

My advice is try to not let it control all your thoughts and your life, I know its super hard, also keep a positive attitude about it. You wouldnt wish infertility on anyone so when someone is expecting, be happy and excited and thrilled, pray for them and their healthy journey ahead. and be kind to one another. 
  • And who said charting is not reliable with PCOS?
    and who wished infertility on anyone?
  • pigletmmk said:

I am in a TTC Facebook group of girls who are really supportive. One of the girls read your post and saw the replies you got, felt bad and came back to our group to see if we could ask you to join our group. Would you be interested missteacherlady16?

STRANGER DANGER IS REAL.
  • Yeah, and the comments on this thread are proof!
  • pigletmmk said:

I am in a TTC Facebook group of girls who are really supportive. One of the girls read your post and saw the replies you got, felt bad and came back to our group to see if we could ask you to join our group. Would you be interested missteacherlady16?

Would this not be a TOU violation of some kind since she is soliciting a separate, non XO cash cow group to a user? Maybe its not... What do I know about TOU anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"