February 2015 Moms
Options

C Section delivery 1 week ago..concerned about pain control

I had my amazing daughter 1 week ago today. It was a very intense delivery. I had gone into labor on my own, at the hospital was 3 cm when I was first seen after they did my IV and started the epidural they checked me again I was 10 cm my water broke, unfortunately after pushing an hour Dr said her head was just too big for my bones had to have C Section. Then when doing the prep for C Section they realized my epidural was super spotty and my belly was not getting numb. I had general anesthesia and it was very difficult. I was given pain meds in hospital they releases me after 3 days with 30 percocet 5 MG pills and to take one every 4 hours. It's definitely necessary but I now have to get me through till tomorrow morning. I am not sure if this is something I should call the Dr and ask for more or if in another 24 hours my pain will be so much better I won't need it...

Re: C Section delivery 1 week ago..concerned about pain control

• Options
    I had an emergency C-section after a failed induction on Feb 4th.  The epidural didn't work for me so they put me under with ketamine.  I was given Percocet to take every 6 hours and 600mg ibuprofen to take every 6 hours.  For me, I need to take them everyday for the first week.  I would call the Dr. and ask.

Me-27 + DH-29 = Married 2008
    DS= 2/4/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am also 1 week post csection and needing ibuprofen and pain meds still. Everyday is getting a little better. I am going to try and take ibuprofen only within the next couple days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I ended up calling the nurse to let her know I was scared to continue one every 4 hours and then wake up tomorrow and be out. So she didn't offer to get the dr to refill them which is what I kinda hoped but wasn't going to ask for more. She said to go down to every 8 hours and then at 4 hours do 400 MG ibuprofen. Then start to supplement the percocet with 2 500 MG Tylenol so hopefully that works. I had taken the percocet at 1045 am last and didn't quite make the 8 hours took another at 430pm. This makes me so nervous as my husband is going to be going back to work. But so far I have been surprised with the healing. After the surgery I didn't want to try to walk or anything then I didn't think I was ready to go home from the hospital, guess the Dr's know to push you and you'll get through it, even though it's very tough !
  • Options
    I had a c-section on valentines day. I took percocet for the first 5 days every 4 hours. I also had dilaudid when needed on the day of the c-section. From then on I have been taking between 400Mg-600Mg of ibuprofen. I would try to wean yourself off of the percocet as soon as you can. It makes you really constipated and going to the bathroom will be a nightmare. My son was put in the NICU for the first week and walking helped me feel better so much faster.

Me: 31 DH: 28
    BFP #1- 1/30/13  Natural MC- 2/8/13
    BFP #2- 6/24/14  EDD- 3/7/15  Born 2/14/15 Due to Pre-eclampsia

Team Green turned Team Blue

• Options
    I'm on weeks two and the meds are def helping I don't have to take them on time anymore just as needed. So I'm glad I asked for the refill!
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited February 2015
    I had a c section on Jan 26 after a failed attempt to deliver my twin girls vaginally.

I only took the percocet when I was in the hospital. Less to none towards the end of my stay. (Monday-Thursday).

Once home I continued on the Ibprofen, stool softner, and gas chewable pills. I had the percocet filled just in case, but hate being on them.

The best thing you can do to heal is move around, but don't over do it. If you have stairs at home try to limit going up and down them to twice a day. Don't lift anything heavier then your baby. I feel for you ladies still hurting. Feel better.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yesterday was one week post csection for me. I do still need the pain mess but it is getting much better. I plan on stretching the dose times out starting this wknd from every 6 hrs to every 8,hrs

• Options

I had an emergency c-section with DS1 and had enough percocet to carry me through week 2 post surgery.  I definitely felt like I needed more at that point but the nurse insisted I taper, and I'm glad she did! Ibuprofen ended up being fine and I started to realize how easy it is to get addicted to painkillers! Kind of scary, actually.  I remember being almost in tears like, "I need it!"

That said, another week wouldn't be terrible IMO but try and taper as much as possible even if you feel like you "need" it. 

• Options
    I've only taken the percoset once or twice since being home. I've been ok sticking with just Motrin. I'm 10 days post op.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Options
    I needed them for 2 weeks: I had a pocket of fluid draining and severe pain. I stayed on the colace and ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen is for muscle pain, the Percocet the incision pain. I tapered downto every 6 hrs. Don't be afraid to ask. My daughter was in NICU so I was up the very next day and even though the pain is horrid, moving around helped.
  • Options
    I had a scheduled c-section and was also given the same for pain when I went home. I took them every 4 hours for the first few days and then started to stretch them out and take them every 6. I ran out after 6 days and took 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours and took 500mg of Tylenol in between. It helped my pain enough and I only had to do that for about 3 days and now I don't take any pain med. I would see how you feel without it and def call the doctor if the pain is something you can't stand!
  • Options
    Hi.. I'm pregnant with twins I'm 36 weeks an scared to death about a c section. I find out Friday when the big day is... I'm just so worried... Idk I'm in so much pain now though. Cant wait till their here though. Just hope nothing goes wrong
  • Options

Hi.. I'm pregnant with twins I'm 36 weeks an scared to death about a c section. I find out Friday when the big day is... I'm just so worried... Idk I'm in so much pain now though. Cant wait till their here though. Just hope nothing goes wrong

Honestly, the c-section itself wasn't the worst part for me. The worst part is the soreness I am experiencing now that I've had one. Don't worry about the procedure itself, they will give you a heavy dose of anesthetic that will completely numb you from the chest down, all you'll feel is a lot of tugging and pulling, but no pain :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, the C was fine, and the few days after we're quite the challenge, but after 2 weeks I had an infection. That's slowed everything down, I'm still healing and still bleeding. Good luck, stay on top of everything and don't be afraid to ask for something if needed
  • Options
    I just went in for my 2 week and was put on antibiotics for infection. I have a pocket of fluid that is trapped inside. Hopefully it can make its way out or antibiotics will kill the infection.
  • Options
    I had the same issue-the pocket took 3 weeks to drain and I was put on antibiotics. It def slowed down healing and has made bleeding last a lot longer. Be patient...it is frustrating and painful but will pass!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"