February 2015 Moms

Question of weight

This is something I probably shouldn't be worried about, but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar.

How soon did everyone return to pre-pregnancy weight? Not talking about the body looking the same, just strictly weight.

I am 12 days post party's and have already reached my old weight. I had some trouble gaining weight during the pregnancy, so that might be it. Just want to make sure this isn't an indication of a potential problem.

I breastfed until my milk came in. At that point I was too flat to achieve a latch. I have since dried up. I fully planned to take 6-12 months to return to my old weight. Did I just get super lucky this time around?

Re: Question of weight

• I would say lucky. I'm 15 days PP and have lost 20 of the 33 lbs I put on. The rest is the hard to lose "reserves" which are nicely keeping my bum and thighs warm this time of year ;) I'm hoping with hard work and BFing I can lose them in time for summer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just lucky. I'm 4 weeks pp and pretty sure I've dropped 20 pounds plus. Granted the baby alone was 10 and I was already overweight to start. Everyone is different.
  • I did too. I only gained 7lbs total and my son was 6lbs 9oz. I'm already down 17lbs 15PP. Now with that said my body still needs some tightening up to return to my previous state. I'm hoping to start slowly working out next week. Have to healthy for my son.
  • srcr2011 said:
    OP is lucky the original F16 vipers aren't here.
    Seriously...this place is unrecognizable anymore.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is the address of the other board? I know I saw it when everything was changing but can't find it now.
  • AF9211 said:

srcr2011 said:

OP is lucky the original F16 vipers aren't here.

Seriously...this place is unrecognizable anymore.  :(
    ----quote box fail----

I was just thinking this recently. How many people are going to make a new post about being induced/membrane sweeps/omg why am I still pregnant? I can't take it.

I lurk on the other board and they're actually having useful discussions about breastfeeding questions and postpartum issues. Jealous.

There's probably enough of us with outside little ones and other experience to start more than just a single pp post.
  • @junebugjam‌ Why don't you join? I'm on both, it's great!
    @maryxc1‌ YGPM
  • @junebugjam I'm on both as well.  SO much more useful than the discussions that are on here. 
  • junebugjamjunebugjam member
    edited February 2015
    I joined but I am exclusively mobile so I never got around to adding a picture or anything. Figured I wasn't much of a regular anyway so I stick to lurking and love titting every now and again.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• I'm over there more now. More active, for sure.
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Together: 2005
    Married: 2008
    Naming our son after a cartoon character: 2/23/15!
  • katecham said:

I was pre pregnancy weight before I delivered. I'm now 30ish lbs less than pre pregnancy (hyperemisis). Everyone is different. If you had swelling, retained water, had hyperemisis, etc the weight will be affected differently. Even though I lost this same weight last pregnancy it was back within a few months of ending breastfeeding. Birth control pills can also do a number on your system and make you gain weight like crazy due to hormone imbalances.

Weight is just a number. Some women never lose all of their baby weight, some lose it all plus more. Our bodies will never be the same again and that doesn't have to be a bad thing. We need to define ourselves by what our bodies do/did rather than a number. I am covered in stretch marks and definitely flabby and will never be able to wear a bikini, but I feel really good about myself - I delivered a 10.9 lb baby vaginally, am breastfeeding (after being unable to with my first), and had a horrible pregnancy - and that's what is important to me.

I'm sorry I had to quote this because I love that last part that you typed.. Beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"