Military Families

Army wife

Hello! My name is allie and my husband is in the Army. He was stationed in Virginia through out our whole relationship and I live in Georgia. We saw each other every other weekend or once a month. When he re-signed, he chose to go to Hawaii, I wasn't thrilled but still supported him. We weren't married when he left. We spoke about it b it were still young and I only had a few semesters left of school so we chose to wait until I graduated. The day I took him to the airport to leave, I knew I had the worst feeling, like I need to go with him. Come to find ouT, I was 8 weeks pregnant and we had no idea. I went out there not even a month after he left and we decided to get married. He hasn't got orders yet, but we're positive he's deploying in June so I came back home and he's out there. were not sure if he will be home for the birth and it's just so hard on both of us. He has never deployed and I've never experienced it either. He's especially depressed bc he's alone and I have my family and his family when I see them. I don't know how to cheer him up when I'm upset too. Any advice for anyone going through something similar?

Re: Army wife

• I can't speak on this experience, but my hubby is going to be deploying soon after our second child is born. He has already missed a year of our 2 year old's life. It's super hard, there's really no way to get around that, but you need to stay positive for him. I know this is going to be hard, but its your job as his wife to be his support system through this deployment. I know a lot of people who aren't able to be together for the birth are now doing facetime or skype, that would be better than nothing! Deployment is hard. We didn't have kids when my hubby deployed, but it's hard worrying about their safety. This is really the time though where you are going to have to step up and be the emotional leader of the family. He has no one out there, is missing his wife and child, and may be getting ready to deploy. Listen when he needs to talk, and support him in whatever he needs to do. This life is super hard, and it never gets any easier, but in the end, I think it will bring you so much closer. But only you guys can make this experience a positive life experience that you weather together, be prepared to work and don't forget you are on the same team. Good luck! :) 
  • All of that. ^
    Yes.
    I know its hard but our guys depend on us to be a safe port in the storm. You ladies with the guys who have really long deployments have it toughest of all, and I'm continually in awe of how tough you all are. If there is a military spouse support group in your area, join it. And don't discount your own awesomeness. It may be hard, but you got to keep telling yourself how badass you are. The way to be strong for your guy is to be strong in yourself. You got this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"