TTC after 35

So discouraged after this m/c. really need some support

I know hormones aren't helping much but i can't stop crying. I am pretty sure it was a chemical pregnancy since my HSG never went past 35 and I was around 4 weeks 3 days when i started to bleed.. I feel bad .. I have a 8 year old from a previous marriage but really wanted to share this with my husband now.. i don't know if that can happen seeing i am almost 39.. ( in august)  Maybe age was why i miscarried.. i don't know. I had FSH and AMH tested and both were normal. I should be grateful to have my daughter.. yet i am feeling so down and sad over this.. I wish i could find out if there is some issue before i even try again cause i can't keep going thru this.. I read something about RH factor of man and woman.. If he is opposite of me that could cause issue?? I am also wondering if progesterone could be tested because that could be a problem maybe ?? could they even tell from blood test? I just wanna know its not too late.. what if the m/c caused a problem for me now.. 

I wish i could relax but i can't

Re: So discouraged after this m/c. really need some support

• Hi genie777, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I haven't experienced a miscarriage, but can only imagine how tough it must be. 

I agree it is a good idea to follow-up with a doctor. Are you already working with an RE? If not, consider finding one you trust and make an appt (a good idea for anyone ttc over 35). But try to not panic about it - probably most of us on this board are not in a position to dally, but your body won't change drastically in the weeks it will take to research and make the appt. 

Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Take a breath. It's okay to cry. You're completely normal for feeling emotional and discouraged but try not to get so ahead of yourself. A lot of us can relate and have felt the same way you are feeling right now. I know I have. What has helped me is not to focus on the 'what ifs?' -they can make us all crazy and really stressed! Ummm, also, for me at least, googling potential causes or problems was extremely overwhelming, so I stopped doing that.
    I agree with the Dolphin012 that it is a good idea to schedule an appointment with a doctor. I really put off that initial appointment and once we went it was such a relief to have people who could provide some insight and options, I had wished I'd done it sooner. This board is pretty supportive and positive, so it's a good place to come. Good luck and hang in there.

TTC #1for 21 Months
    Husband: 41
    Me: 36
    3 failed IUIs
    changed REs
    1 failed IVF (chemical pregnancy)
    13 5-day frozen embryos  
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss! I don't have any experience with m/c but I agree about seeing and RE. I'm on my second RE and wish I would've gone to him first so if you can, I'd see two and go with the one you like.
    Lots of support on this board...good luck :)
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• I'm so sorry :-( hugs. Yes, it's totally normal to sob uncontrollably until your hormones get back under control. Don't be afraid to speak up if you're feeling excessively blue, or can't take it anymore. You may need some meds to set you right again. And dfinitely seek answers and get a doctor you're comfortable with. You deserve all of these thing. Feel better soon.
  • I'm really sorry you are going through this and I know how extremely painful, confusing, upsetting and devastating it can be. I experienced 2 early miscarriages last year and kept searching for answers (and cried for like a month straight for each one). One thing to keep in mind is that around 50-70% of ALL early pregnancies end in miscarriage. I was shocked when my doctor told me this number but it's true. Back in the day before there were early pregnancy tests, nobody knew all the losses that women were going through. But now we know how many of these early pregnancies fail, and usually for no apparent reason. My grandmother had 3 miscarriages in a row and then went on to have 7 children. So this could just be a case of things not working this time around. However, I do agree with everyone else that it's always good to check things out and look into some testing, just to be safe. I had my progesterone levels tested my last cycle at 7dpo and they were very low (3.8 when normal levels should be 10-20). We're going to try progesterone this cycle and see if it helps. Besides that, the doctors couldn't find anything else. Sometimes these things are just complete mysteries. Sending you lots of hugs to get through this difficult time.

ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1

• Im so sorry for your loss. What you are going through is sadly, normal. I know how you feel as Im in a similar situation. I'll be 39 in August and have an older child (although mine is 18) but have none with H, who has no children of his own. I understand the sense of urgency it can cause. 

A agree with others get to an RE. My dr is about to start testing my reproductive health as well. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"