Trouble TTC

Intro (losses mentioned)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking and wishing the best for everyone for quite some time now.  I'm GoldenKeys... unfortunately I am not new to infertility treatments and have been trying to have our first for more than three years.    I'm here to give support, to help any way that I can as a moderator for the Infertility boards, and to hopefully make some new friends in the process.

DH and I met later in life but I already knew that I had fertility issues before I got married.  I had several losses in a prior relationship but had stopped TTC'ing when we realized that the relationship was not working.   I am now married to the love of my life!   However, the goal of motherhood has been very difficult.  I had a fibroid removed (myomectomy) and six rounds of IUIs without success.   

Going through this grueling process has been devastating financially and emotionally.  (I'm doing better now though)  IF has also forced me to become a huge medical advocate for myself and an avid reader about any subject concerning TTC.  It's crazy how much bad information is out there.   I joined the support group RESOLVE two years ago and I not only attend meetings but have gotten politically active about healthcare reform.    I have seen a lot of success IF stories IRL from other couples and this gives me hope for myself and others too.

I put my highlights in my siggy.   I hope that you'll have me.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: Intro (losses mentioned)

• I'm sorry you have to be here but wishing you the best!

Me (28)- PCOS, no natural cycle since stopping BC pills in 2013
    DH (29)- SA= all good
    Married since March 2013 (together since 2004) + TTC since April 2013

Provera 12/13, 6/14, 8/14, 10/ 14, 12/14

Clomid 50 mg 12/14- no follicles big enough, stair stepped with Clomid 100 mg (1 follicle 22/25 mm) + Ovidrel trigger shot 1/15- BFN

Clomid 150 mg 1/15- no follicles responding- repeated 150 mg + Ovidrel trigger shot + IUI- BFP 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry you have to be here but wishing you the best!
    Thank you @jerseymack23 :-)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm new here too. Sorry you have to be here. You mentioned previous losses, have you had genetic screening done? It's a simple saliva test and only cost me $99 to have done. Perhaps it can shed some light as to what might be going on? I was shocked that it's not more widely recommended or done, especially since these treatments are so expensive. I wish you the best.
  • I'm new here too. Sorry you have to be here. You mentioned previous losses, have you had genetic screening done? It's a simple saliva test and only cost me $99 to have done. Perhaps it can shed some light as to what might be going on? I was shocked that it's not more widely recommended or done, especially since these treatments are so expensive. I wish you the best.
    Hi!  Yes I did have genetic screening but it was through blood tests.  I don't remember having my saliva taken in any of my tests.  That's pretty interesting though!

• Yup they do screening through blood as well. That's good that you've had these tests already done. So many times ladies waste time and money only to find out something simple could've avoided all of that. I'm older as well, my RE told me not to waste time with IUI and to go straight to IVF. He also said that the meds start losing their effectiveness after about 3 cycles or so. He lets ladies cycle on IUIs because they're covered under insurance whereas the IVF isn't. But I had a little bit of coverage for IVF and he told me not to waste time, so I switched insurance plans and am about to start my 1st IVF cycle.
  • I would have done IVF already but we had no coverage.   We were lucky that our insurance covered injects and I had great response with it.   It looks like IVF is the next step for us as well.  I belong to RESOLVE and the organization is lobbying to get more insurances to cover it because it's not really an 'elective' surgery if it's your only option to conceive.   Good luck with your IVF cycle...  please keep us posted!

• I have about 7k worth of coverage, better than nothing. But still, sticker shock left it hard for me to breathe. I hear you, I'd like to see more coverage as well. I did notice that the success rates in the past few years have been increasing due to technology advances. Perhaps these things will help bring down the cost and up the success rates. There's nothing like going through this process month after month. It's awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"