1st Trimester
Options

Announcing before 12 weeks

hi ladies, I'm looking for some advice!
I'm 8+ weeks pregnant and will be right on 10 the day of my 30th birthday party which all my family and friends will be attending.
I was small to begin with so seem to have 'popped' very early AND I was previously a person that tended to have a few champagnes at a party. I'm stressed and nervous about keeping the secret for my party and thinking about telling people. Thoughts?
Ps. We did have a scan at 6+ weeks and saw our little bubbas heartbeat.

Re: Announcing before 12 weeks

• Options
    Buy a bottle of non alcoholic champagne or any drink and take it with you.... Obviously don't point out to anyone it's non alcoholic if you do not wish to tell anyone yet!

Everyone announces their pregnancy at different stages, there is no right or wrong time. Your body your pregnancy you decide...excitement might take over at the party and you will have to tell people!
  • Options
    I'm planning on telling my parents and in-laws the weekend after my first appointment, which is two weeks away. We're not breaking the news to anyone else until I'm 12 weeks. I ended up miscarrying our first pregnancy very early on, so that's why I'm waiting. Everyone is different though! For me personally, it is so hard to keep it a secret for that long, but I'm determined to do it. Until then, hello secret baby board on Pinterest! Haha. Congratulations!!!! :)

imageimage

O'15 September Siggy Challenge -- Third Trimester Woes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that it's totally fine if you are comfortable with it... there's no right or wrong answer. We told my family last week since we were visiting them cross country, and I knew I would tell them anyways if something went wrong. We saw the heartbeat this morning (yay!) so now we are going to tell DH's parents and probably our close friends that we see every week. I actually think it would be fun to tell at the party, but again, you have to be comfortable with it.
  • Options
    I couldn't keep it to myself!!! :)  I had to wait a few days for my husband to get home from out of town working & after I told him, we told his family and mine that weekend!! I was only 5 weeks then. Of course everyone is different.  My Mom doesn't want us telling anymore people just in case but I am just so excited. I don't want to keep it to myself but we are going to wait until I'm 11 or 12 weeks before we announce it to everyone else.
  • Options
    After you've seen a healthy heart beat, your risk of miscarriage is fairly steady. You are already basically at 1-2% risk and that won't change by the time you hit 12 weeks. Most of the drastic decrease in miscarriage risk happens much earlier on, and you've already passed that stage! Something to keep in mind as you decide whether to share. I personally think it'd be a really cool and memorable opportunity!
  • Options
    If you feel comfortable then go for it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    As a loss mom I've found the best advice is to only tell people who you would want there for you incase something were to happen.
    Ultimately it's your decision but telling a bunch of people like I did with my first loss was one of the hardest statements I have ever had to retract in my life.
  • Options
    I told my parents and his parents as soon as we found out, which was around 4 weeks - I told everyone else around Thanksgiving which was 9 weeks. I'm glad I told people when I did, I've lost a few of those people since then and can't imagine having that happen without them knowing my news.
  • Options

We have the cutest chalkboard sign made up with our dogs and I am ITCHING to tell. I am sooo nervous. One minute I am about to post it and the next I am thinking.. "ok, relax, just 1.5 more weeks". I have an u/s scheduled the day I turn 12w. I keep telling myself it's not much longer to wait and I'd rather post with 100% confidence.

Having said that, one of my bests "went public" at 9 weeks! You can whenever YOU feel comfortable. It's YOUR choice and don't let anybody else influence you :) A couple people made comments to her about how soon she spilled the beans, but I personally think they had no business making an issue out of it!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    There's no hard and fast rule about telling. If you are comfortable telling people you love, then do it. Two weeks isn't going to make a huge difference. I went public with both of my others very early. But I would have had no qualms about telling people we miscarried either. I don't really get why talking about miscarriage is so taboo.

So to each her own...but I don't think 10 weeks is all that early. Good luck!
  • Options
    Tell when you want, there is no perfectly "safe" time.
     I told at 10 weeks with our first pregnancy DS #1. 
     With my second pregnancy we waited 11 weeks and had a loss at 13 weeks. 
     With my third pregnancy DS #2 we didn't tell until 14 weeks. 
     Bottom line, no one can predict the future. 
     Celebrate when you are ready with your family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I told my parents, my husbands parents, and our brothers the first day we found out.  I don't see why you would keep it a secret from them.  I am waiting to tell friends at 12 weeks.  It's better to be safe.  I took our announcement picture last night! Can't wait to share it!! 
  • Options
    There's no hard and fast rule about telling. If you are comfortable telling people you love, then do it. Two weeks isn't going to make a huge difference. I went public with both of my others very early. But I would have had no qualms about telling people we miscarried either. I don't really get why talking about miscarriage is so taboo.

So to each her own...but I don't think 10 weeks is all that early. Good luck!
    I don't think it's about miscarriage being taboo. But in my experience it was harder to say to my parents (who I'm super close to and of course knew I was pregnant) that the pregnancy was over than it was to say to colleagues, "Oh I was away because I miscarried."

I'm sure everyone is different, but it was easier to talk about it in past tense terms, than it was when Dad asked if the girls knew I was pregnant (just after I'd had the scan and before I'd had a chance to tell him it was over) and I had to tell Mum and Dad it was over.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Yeah that make sense but if you want to tell them tell them.
  • Options
    Makes sense to me! Seems like a great time to tell everyone at once :) i announced 10 weeks +4 after my second US !
  • Options
    We announced ours a few days after finding out. My fiancé was too excited and spilled the beans to everyone via Facebook. When it comes down to it, it's your choice! I think it would be amazing to tell at my birthday party! That's so exciting!
  • Options
    After 2 losses back to back, I waited til 20 weeks.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I told just about everyone when I got a positive test result at 4 weeks. Too good of news to keep in.
  • Options
    Very close family I told after my first ultrasound and blood tests at about 5 weeks, everyone else I'm not telling until I hear the heartbeat which should be my next appointment. I felt like that was a good compromise for us since I just wanted to tel everyone right away but am so scared about something happening, that's why I personally will be telling at about 8 weeks, hopefully. 
  • Options
    We will be announcing after we hear the heartbeat which is in 3 weeks. We told family and close friends right earlier..(people we would want to be there for us if we were to have a MC) 
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"