Multiples

The best way to feed your twins.

mstarr222mstarr222 member
edited February 2015 in Multiples
Mix a day's worth in a pitcher and then warm bottles to room temperature in cups of hot water?? How many bottles and nipples do I need to start?....... Or no pitcher? Or use a bottle warmer, one at a time? Gosh I could use some twin mom advice right bout now!! :)

Re: The best way to feed your twins.

• When I'm home I find it easier to mix them as I need them. When I would prepare for daycare I'd actually make a batch in the blender and then fill the bottles up the night before since daycare would warm them. 

I had a set for each twin for 2 days. That way I didn't have to wash today's bottles for tomorrow's schedule. You end up with a crap load of bottles but it was way easier for us. Now I do the same for sippy cups. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you are formula feeding I would look into a Baby Brezza Formula Pro.  It can make a bottle in like 16 seconds and holds a whole can of formula.  If I can't breastfeed I will definitely be getting one.
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried mixing batches and warming, but I found warming to be a big pain. My girls wouldn't drink it cold, but some babies will, so you could try that. Mine will drink it room temp, though so what I do is fill a Brita pitcher with water and leave it on the counter so I always have room temp water to mix formula. I also usually prefill the next bottles with water and set out nipples so that when it is time to make a bottle I just have to add the powder. This was especially helpful MOTN so I didn't have to turn on many lights and fumble with measuring water when I was half awake. 

When we are on the go or I leave babies at the sitter, I bring bottled water (leave it at room temp) and use the Munchkin formula containers with three sections.

I probably would have liked the Brezza or pitcher, but in hindsight, it would have been a lot of money spent on a gadget that would have gotten only used for a few weeks. As my girls got older I noticed they were less fussy about the temperature of their bottles and they were content to play and also sleeping through the night so I don't feel rushed to make a bottle when they need one. Good luck :)

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• The brezza is a lifesaver! So easy and quick! Worth the money!!!!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Wishing35Wishing35 member
    edited February 2015
    I invested in a Brezza and I think it's well worth it! Otherwise I used to just mix the bottles as needed with room
    Temperature water. My girls never minded not having it heated and it was so fast that way. I had a lot more bottles than I needed, don't remember exactly but at least 2 days worth. I didn't want to have to rush and wash bottles if I was having a rough day. I think if you have 16 bottles that would get you through 24 hours with a 3 hour feeding cycle and that should be plenty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do pitchers at night. Its just easier when you're half awake to just pour into the bottles! Don't invest in just one brand of bottle. My boy uses Dr. Brown's and my girl uses Medela with the slow flow nipple (she pukes when we used Dr. Brown's). We have ten of each bottle and twenty of each nipple.
    ***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• amh0411712amh0411712 member
    edited March 2015
    I premixed bottles the night before for the upcoming 24 hours. Warming was a pain, but my boys wanted warm bottles, so that's what they got. I went through 2 warmers, warming 1 at a time and by the end found it was easiest to boil water in the microwave and stick the bottles in that to warm.

When we were out on the go, I just brought a thermos with hot water in it, and made thermos when they were ready to eat. We had 12 bottles, so 6 each. And when we moved up in nipple size and bottle size we had 8, so 4 each.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"