New Jersey Babies
Options

MFM + OB combo in NNJ

I am a high risker in 4 categories so with any pregnancy I will need an MFM + OB. My first pregnancy resulted in a 29 wk preemie who is now 9 months actual and doing amazing.  Currently, we are on the "no fly" list to get pregnant till Nov 2015 at the earliest, unless unplanned. In the meantime, I am wondering if anyone has seen an MFM/OB (one doctor that does high risk and delivers) in NNJ?. 

My first pregnancy was a tandem tag team of visits to NJ Perinatal Associates and my OB. I know it is uncommon for MFM's to deliver but I have a friend in NYC who went to an MFM/OB and she really liked the experience. I am not going to travel to NYC for my appts so seeing her doctor is not an option, but if anyone has any recommendations in NJ, please share.  Thanks!

Re: MFM + OB combo in NNJ

• Options
    Maternal fetal medicine associates in Paramus, nj and across the street valley Obgny associates
  • Options
    KutiePebblesKutiePebbles member
    edited June 2015
    Just updating my post with a new comment- I found 3 MFM/OBGYN's in northern/central NJ.

Dr. Abdelhak gets amazing reviews and thus far his office staff has been very nice. I called with questions due to insurance which I will explain below. He delivers out of Hackensack. Only downfall is he does not accept any insurance plans so you want to make sure your insurance has out of network coverage. Also check your out of pocket max for out of network. That will help determine how much you will owe.

Dr. Principe also gets good reviews but people say he is more cut and dry. Less comfort and hand holding. If that is your type of doc, check him out. He delivers out of St. Joe's. As far as I know he accepts insurance you just need to check if you are in network.

Dr. Rosen is up next. I know he is an MFM but I have to double check if he also delivers. He is out of RWJ and has an office in Montclair. I think he is fine in terms of insurance also.

As for the comment someone replied with- greatly appreciated but the group only consults and does not deliver. I was looking for a 2 in 1 and with a little research I found 2 and possibly 3.

I favor Barnabas for delivery and nicu because that is where my son was but none of these docs deliver there. I will either take on one of these docs and deliver at a different hospital or go have a consult with Dr. Pinto and Dr. Little out of Springfield who deliver at Barnabas then go back to NJPA for MFM consult. I was not too happy with NJPA at Barnabas so that is why I've been seeking other doctors. I will keep this board updated.