High-Risk Pregnancy

Methadone, Pregnant and Moms who relate.

Before I found out I was pregnant I had a drug habit that I was trying to detox cold turkey from. I kept trying but the detox was entirely impossible and I have detoxed cold turkey numerous times before. I found out that was because I was pregnant and the hospital suggested I call the Methadone clinic. I had used almost the entire first trimester of my pregnancy, and going to the clinic was the best decision I had ever made for not only my Baby but for myself as well because I had been trying to get clean for a long time and I realize now that I just cannot do it on my own. Many people look down on Methadone maintenance and that's okay. I love the program. The groups are wonderful along with the staff and my one on one counselor. I learn so much from pregnancy group. Do I have fears about my baby going through withdrawal when he is born? Of course. But I continue to tell myself that if I hadn't made this decision he wouldn't have even made it to the second trimester. Also, a few girls from the pregnancy group have had their babies, they were all on different doses from high to low and their babies went through very little to now withdrawals at all. That gives me tons of hope.

I am looking for you moms who relate, especially those who have had a child already while on Methadone. I want to gain a good support group. I also have a discussion about being Bipolar and Pregnant, if you feel you relate to that check it out and post a reply. I really look forward to hearing from some moms and starting a discussion. Lets support each other!!

Much love, 
Kera. 

BABY DAVID 6/23/15 <3

Re: Methadone, Pregnant and Moms who relate.

• ElecinElecin member
    edited March 2015
    I'm sorry, I can't relate but I just wanted to send big hugs and good vibes to you!

I wish you and baby David the best of luck and I hope you find the support you're looking for.  :)
  • Cant relate to your situation sorry but i just wanted to send support and best wishes for your journey praying for you and your little person. Stay strong and positive. K
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"