TTC After a Loss

Moving forward, not on.

As of this morning I am no longer a member of the September '15 birth club. I hope to find some comfort here.

Last Tuesday evening, at 9w, I noticed spotting when I went to the bathroom that quickly resolved. Wednesday evening it was back and Thursday morning it had continued. I called my ob, went in for an US and there was baby, kicking away with a HR of 170. Phew. Then Friday the bleeding increased so another US, again healthy with a HR of 168. However this time they noted a small subchorionic hematoma (SCH). My OB assured me she was not overly concerned and it should resolve on its own. Over the weekend I had some mild cramping and passed a few small lots, but I was relieved and thought this must be the SCH resolving. Sunday night I began to have intense cramping and awoke at 2am in unbearable pain. When I went to the bathroom I knew I had lost the pregnancy. A trip to the ED confirmed our fears. Although we're heartbroken, I feel relieved that I'm no longer in fear of what's going on inside my body.

We will be ready to try again as soon as we're medically cleared, but I'm scared this will happen again. According to our checkups, baby was perfectly healthy so far - my body failed her. I'm hoping my OB f/u tomorrow will provide us with insight into our future.

Re: Moving forward, not on.

• I am so sorry to hear that.  That sounds unbearable. Do not think of your body as failing you!  They can't tell everything from a u/s and about the health of the baby, especially at only 9w.  Thoughts and prayers!
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • So sorry for your loss. With my two i never got to hear a heartbeat. That was hard enough... Can't imagine what you are going through. Prayers and positive energy to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss.
    Good luck in the future!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"