Babies on the Brain
Options

New Here - Intro

Hi Everyone, 

I have been reading other people's posts for a while now but this is my first time creating a post. DH and I have been married 6 years and have been together 11 years. Until this year we had agreed that we were not ready to start trying for a family for numerous reasons (school, finances, etc.). This weekend however, after many previous discussions, we finally agreed that this coming January (2016) we can officially start TTC! I'm nervous of the unknown but also extremely excited for the next chapter of our life/relationship. So for now I’m sure there will be a lot of babies on the brain talk with DH until the start of next year. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone! 

Anniversary
Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
DS - 02/21/2016

Re: New Here - Intro

• Options
    Congrats! We might be starting to TTC at the same time! I'm having the same feelings you are!!
  • Options
    It sounds like we made our decision in steps very similarly to yours. I kept saying I wasn't ready and then we finally selected a date to TTC that felt very far in the future. Now it's creeping up and I'm getting excited. :) Glad I'm not the only one who took some time to "warm up" to the idea.  Now talking about it is fun and exciting. Plus it feels like our little secret since we haven't told anyone.

Are you guys doing anything to "get ready"?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    xxkberxxxxkberxx member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks ladies! It is great to hear from other people that are in a similar boat. :)

I haven't done much to "get ready." I've been doing a lot of reading on these discussion boards and other places as well as spending a lot of spare time on pinterest. I've already stopped drinking alcohol but want to clean up my diet more and be more active than I am currently. I have started looking into prenatals but feel it might still be too early to start? DH and I also don't plan on telling anyone that we are going to be TTC because we want it to be a big surprise to our families once we (hopefully) become pregnant. 

When do you plan on TTC and have you done anything to "get ready"?
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"