TTC After a Loss
Options

TTC after natural miscarriage

Hi....I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks(baby was only measuring 5) i had a natural miscarriage and bled for about 11 days. I am feeling better physically and my doctor said to wait two normal cycles before trying again. My question is did others wait or did they try right away? I am thinking if i feel my body is ready after one cycle i want to try again. What do you all think?

Re: TTC after natural miscarriage

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. Listen to your doctor.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    So sorry for your loss.  No one here will advise you to go against your doctor.  I know how frustrating the wait can be (I just went through it), but try to stick to it!
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes it is difficult but we got some good news today. Went to the doctors and she said my lining and everything look perfect! As soon as we are ready we can start!!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. We tried immediately and didn't wait.

Good luck.
  • Options
    GoodSuriGoodSuri member
    edited March 2015
    4N6s said:

Good luck.

So how is your journey going? Have you concieved since your lost?

• Options
    edited March 2015
    GoodSuri said:

4N6s said:

Good luck.

So how is your journey going? Have you concieved since your lost?

Please, please be careful of 'cherry picking' from amongst responses. Your own doctor instructed you to wait two cycles based on your unique health and medical history. Listen to them, it really does not matter what someone else does or what their doctor told them, because their case is unique from yours. Waiting is hard, but it reduces the risk to your health, your fertility, and in some cases, a potential subsequent loss.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    Oh i didnt mean anything by it..mwas just curious thats all....but sorry my question might have been a little insensitive so i do apologize
  • Options
    I recently had a miscarriage also.  At 8 weeks.  I'm still bleeding.  I just went to my doctor.  She said after my next period and if I feel like my body is healed, I can start right away.  I think if you doctor told you to wait two cycles you should have him/her clarify why.  If you are younger they might want you to wait longer because you have more time to conceive.  I'm 34 so I think my doctor is conscious of me not having as much time as someone who is 24. There were also so other complications they could see in my ultrasound.  I would recommend communicating with your doctor and being honest with them so that they can help you as much as possible.  
  • Options
    My doctor just gave me the go ahead to try after 1 cycle - Im 35 so wondering if age plays a factor like. jennifer13marie says. I agree with the others to question your doc why they said 2 months. There may be a good reason but I'm finding many doctors won't share extra info unless you ask!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"