November 2014 Moms
Options

Sleep Advice

Hi All!

So LO is 14 weeks and has been having a lot of trouble sleeping without being swaddled. He has always napped well in the RnP and so we have been using that at night when we get desparate, but he recently started rubbing his face against the puppy insert and doesn't move his head back right away and I am very concerned about him suffocating. He slept in the crib well when he was able to be swaddled. We have tried the sleep sacks and when we swaddle his arms in it he can get it over his nose with his arms, if we don't swaddle the arms he startles awake. I have been reading about the Magic Sleep Suit and was wondering if anyone has tried this and it helped. The pediatrician said its ok to let him fuss in the crib, but if I let him fuss he starts screaming.  Any tips or advice if greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Sleep Advice

• Options
    Why not just keep swaddling?
  • Options

Well he has kicked out of the swaddle a few times and our pediatrician said we should start transitioning him without a swaddle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried slowly transitioning one arm at a time.
    I stopped swaddling a while ago, sometimes when I put LO down I have to hold his hands stil till he settles to make sure he doesn't scratch or hit his face.
  • Options
    Also curious about the sleep suit as my lo has started rolling so swaddling is dangerous now.
  • Options
    The sleep suit is not advised for rolling! We tried the sleep suit, it was easy putting him down but 10 mins later, boom awake! We might try when he gets a little older (we tried it at 9 weeks), his startle reflex is bad Others swear by the sleep suit! @arts‌ I have heard the the zippidizip (or something like that) is good for when your lo starts to roll! Let me know if it works for you!
  • Options
    What is rnp?
  • Options
    Rock n play
  • Options
    I see at my son's daycare that they tuck the blanket across and under the bed, almost like a bed spread. So they tuck the blanket under the mattress, about half of the mattress is covered, so when LO is under the blanket it's like a swaddle.
  • Options
    I too want to transition out of swaddle and have ordered the magic sleep suit. It seems to make sense that it is a good transitional tool. Hoping it works! Kinda stinks that the time they are meant to come out of the swaddle is also the time that WW leap 4 and teething starts....ugh! No more sleep for awhile! LOL
  • Options
    I know! the end of swaddling comes at the worst time! haha  We got the sleep suite and it helps but he doesn't sleep more than 45 minutes without waking up in it. Hopefully this weekend my husband and I can work with him more throughout the night in it. Let me know how your LO likes it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"