May 2012 Moms
Options

Pre-school 5 Day?

edited February 2015 in May 2012 Moms
Hey ladies!
Ok so my daycare is medium... My kid loves it and it's fairly inexpensive, BUT she does stupid things like charges us for snow days (yes so we pay her twice, once on snow day and once again in June).  Oh - she only sits for teachers, so it's an easy schedule.  In home and I love most aspects, but not all.  Snow day charges being number one.  She currently goes five days a week (our parents work so that sucks) and takes a nap there.
Anyhow - so next year we are looking at pre-schools and pondering a five day preschool where we can end up saving $100/month AND she'll actually be learning.  
So - anyone have any older kids they put into full week full day preschool at the age of three?  How did they fare?  I'm thinking she'll be fine, but just nervous!  LOL
School!  CRAZY!  how does it go by so fast?!  I am super excited for it though  : )
TIA!

Re: Pre-school 5 Day?

• Options
    I haven't done this, but can I just say "omg, why is my baby almost old enough for school"?

Way back when my mom put my sister in preschool when she was 3 because she had separated from my father and it was more cost effective for her. She said it was actually really beneficial for my sister who she says ended up being way more vocal and outgoing than me as a kid. I was the older sibling with the baby sister talking for me lol. Not sure if it's related at all, but she used to comment that she would have done it for me too if she'd known how well it turned out for my sister. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've been wondering about preschool.  I mean, I have a few friends who have their kids in preschool, but who goes and when is it necessary?  I feel like I'm missing the concept and don't want my kid to miss out if she should be in a preschool before kindergarden.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think upk is nessary but upk is the year before kindergarten and is run by your school district. Preschools that are all day 5 days awake are normally day cares with a schedule and time for learning and crafts not just free play. Dayz I think if it's going to save you money and its a good place that balances play and learning it's a great idea! Topazz any one can go it's mostly day care kids who go full time to preschools because it's a great day care option, a lot of sahm put kids into a two or three morning a week day care program to help teach them how to be in a school setting before they need to be learning academics.

I highly recommend something before kindergarten since they learn to read in kindergarten it's not like when we were kids!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    @redfish - YES!  It is so crazy!  Almost three years old!!!  Thanks so much for the input.  Unique perspective but i like it!  Just hoping it's not super overwhelming.  
    We visited last week and she literally walked in and started playing (as it wasn't a structured learning time) and I really liked the atmosphere and such.  I think we will start in September 5 days, but maybe do 2 or 3 1/2 days during the summer weeks to start getting used to it!
    Time needs to slow down!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"