June 2014 Moms

**Born to Run JuneBugs 2/9**

(a day late)

This is a weekly thread for runners who were due June 2014, that is posted on Mondays. All who run--or who want to start running--are welcome, regardless of mileage, pace, ability, size, shape, or terrestrial status. We had this thread during pregnancy, now it's time to lose that baby weight. 

How were your runs and workouts this week? 

What are your plans for health/fitness this week?

GTKY: Let's do something baby related. What's your LO(s)' newest trick or talent? I feel like I see a lot of these kinds of updates on FB but I know you ladies are for the most part not on there... update me!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Born to Run JuneBugs 2/9**

• How were your runs and workouts this week? I slacked last week. Got to the gym 3 times and only 5 miles total logged on the treadmill. I ate like crap and I am paying for it. My good friend surprised everyone and decided she and her fiancee are getting married in 6 weeks, as opposed to next spring as originally planned so now I have a real fire under my @ss to eat clean and get all my workouts in! I am a bridesmaid so I need to find a dress and look GOOD in it! Haha

What are your plans for health/fitness this week? Get to the gym 5 times, run at least twice. I am leading a group run for my club on Sunday so I know at least one of those runs will definitely happen.

GTKY: Stella is so close to crawling. She can crawl backwards but hasn't quite figured out how to go forwards, lol! I am in no rush, though, as our house is pretty much the opposite of baby proofed. Her biggest current talents are picking up and eating foods on her own, sitting up for long periods unassisted and saying "Dada". 

• Runs/workouts:
    This week has been a bad week. For
    Some reason I just don't care and can't force myself to do what I normally love to do! My problem is getting myself started. Once I'm there it's all good, it's just getting there.....I've also been eating like crap and just feel so lazy ugh!

Goals:
    I have to get myself to the workout room lol. I would really like to do a couple runs this week to start training for this 10K. Continue with weight training. I have volleyball tonight so at least that will get me doing something.

New tricks:
    Some similar to Stella's by the sounds of things! Just figured out how to get puffs to her mouth last week. Can't quite get the chopped blueberries in there! Her big thing this week is imitating my clapping from me playing pat a cake with her. It's super cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • Runs: Great! We did the 15k, and it was so fun!  So much chocolate!!!  Other than that we ran 2 times and lifted once.  

Goals: This week I want to start lifting more and working on my speed.  I have 2 goals now... 1.  To get my 5k in under 30 min, the next 5k is on March 28 I think, the Firefly in Dallas, and 2. to run a half marathon.  There is one in Irving (by Dallas) in April... So theres that.

New tricks:  She moves her finger on her mouth while she's making noise (if that makes sense...)  She has been sitting up really well by herself since around Christmas, she starting to try to reach out for stuff and maybe getting in a crawl type position?  She figured out where the milk comes from so she tries to nurse like 24/7...  She has also started swallowing some of the food she is given (BLW, kinda) so I'm trying to be patient.  I feel like she'll start sttn again once she starts eating more solids. At least I hope!!
  • How were your runs and workouts this week? 
    Good besides missing my long run again.  I have a half coming up at the end of March and all of a sudden I despise long runs so I haven't been doing them.  I'm so much more interested in short and effective work outs right now.  A PR is out of reach anyway so I guess maybe that's why I am no longer motivated for those runs.  
    What are your plans for health/fitness this week?
    I joined a new soccer team so I have 3 games this week.  I plan on doing 3 strength session and 3 runs.
    GTKY: Let's do something baby related. What's your LO(s)' newest trick or talent? I feel like I see a lot of these kinds of updates on FB but I know you ladies are for the most part not on there... update me!!
    She is pulling herself up to the standing position on things like the couch and she just mastered walking with her walker (when the wheels on the walker are locked).  She is super proud of herself.  She is not babbling or anything at all yet (the noises she makes are just screams really) so I'm a bit worried on that part of development which I will address at her next appointment!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @kinipela7 I can totally relate to the lack of desire for long runs. If I weren't a run leader in my running club I would probably max out at a 5k distance at this point. I just can't push myself for them when I feel my time is better spent doing HIIT or weights. 

• Been swamped lately and not getting on often. I should be in bed right now, but oh well!! 

How were your runs and workouts this week?  Got in 1 workout this week. Have a work conference going on this week, and tomorrow (ugh, hate meetings on Saturdays!). But Tuesday I got in some time on the treadmill at the office. This past Saturday I got out during LO's morning nap. DH watched him before he had to go to work. I had to put on 3 shirts because it was so cold, but I was really proud of myself for getting out. I hate working out in the cold. 

What are your plans for health/fitness this week? I have 1 more day of my conference and then I can get back focused. We are expecting warmer temperatures here in Atlanta tomorrow and going forward (I hope) so I am planning to get out Sunday morning again before DH has to go to work and then I am planning to walk after work with DS as many days as possible now that daylight will be back! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy I am to have it back!! 

LO started dancing this week. When he's sitting I'll catch him rocking while one of his toys are making music. It's so cute! LOL!! He's also trying to walk everywhere with assistance, then thinks he's superman and lets go of the furniture and I leap to catch him before he hits his head on the ground. LOL! 

• Is this thing on anymore?  I miss my fitness check-in ladies!  Where are you all hanging out these days!??

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Kinipela7 I randomly checked here today. Missing you! A few of us are in the newer fb group, if you're interested!