Breastfeeding
Options

Which breastpump to pick??

My insurance will cover the following breast pumps: Ameda Purely Your Ultra, Medela pump in style, Freemie Freedom Deluxe, Hygeia Q, and Spectra 52.. I seem to be leaning towards the Freemie mostly because of it's conveniece factor but appreciate any advice on any of these especially if you tries the Freemie... Thanks!

Re: Which breastpump to pick??

• Options
    I only have experience with Ameda and I can say the pump motor is crap but their customer service is great and replace it right away (next day shipping). I was a power user I was almost an EP and burned through 4 of them by the time DS turned 1 year old. (Although the last one I got customer service told me they updated their motor recently so hopefully I wouldn't have more problems. I didn't.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I heard some bad things about the freemie but haven't personally used it. I've heard that it was ok for occasional pumping but it was hard to get a good fit and it didn't work as well as the medela or ameda. You also always have to pour your milk out into a bottle or bag where other pumps you can pump directly into storage bottles. I've used the Ameda but the Specta seems like a good option as well because it is also a closed system.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone I know recommended the medela. I got it and I have had no major problems. When I called customer service for new tubing, they sent it the next day with no cost.
  • Options
    I have the Medela and it's a dream. This baby is my first and I had no idea how to pump and the Medela is sooo easy to use. Plus you can find replacement parts in almost every store
  • Options
    I like my Medela, but prefer the hospital pump, really. I have a Freestyle for out and about and it has been fine. Only problem is full bottles spill when I lean over to get up off couch, or bend to reach for anything :-(. I expect that's with any of them... I like just capping bottles when I am done and rinsing pump parts.... thats convenient :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Medela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriosly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Medela for sure!
  • Options
    Agree with the Medela posters...I'm a FTM and was worried about figuring the pump out but it's super easy to operate and pretty quiet (I pump in bedroom after LO nurses and goes to sleep).
  • Options
    I got my Medela for free from Aeroflow Healthcare.  Had a Spectra with my first kid and it broke pretty quickly. Medela all the way!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    ajlmomajlmom member
    edited March 2015
    I have a medela PISA and a freemie. I mostly use the medela at work. The freemie pump is not as good but I love the freemie cups cuz you don't have to worry about switching to a hands free pumping bra. I feel like I don't get as much milk with the freemie pump. You can hook the freemie cups to the medela pump though.
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Medela!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was not a fan of the Ameda Purely Yours. It was the one covered by my insurance, and I had to unplug/replug the hosing several times whenever I used it because it would lose suction so quickly. I was actually able to express more milk using a single manual pump made by Medela than I was with this double electric! Thankfully, I'm a stay-at-home mom and didn't end up ever really needing a pump, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me in the long run. I don't have experience with it myself, but I have several friends who mostly pump because of their work schedules and swear by the Medela Pump in Style. It looks like most ladies here agree with them. :)
  • Options
    I lilke my Medela PISA

note: Get extra breastshields if you plan on going back o work. that way you don't have to wash between pumping sessions at work. 
  • Options
    Medela PISA....only been using it for 2 weeks but almost EP and works great And my supple has been great as well. Hoping it holds up well!
  • Options
    Without a doubt, Medela!  Got mine for free from Aeroflow Healthcare and am loving it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"