LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-in (Feb 9th)

Please share with us where you/your partner are at with your TTC journey. 

******Please remember to refrain from posting anything BFP related in this thread. This is a safe thread for all of us on the TTC journey. Anything BFP related should be posted in a separate thread if you want to share. Thank you*******

And my cheeky QOTW: 
1. What kind of QOTW would you like to see? What are your favourite kinds of QOTW? 

Re: TTC Check-in (Feb 9th)

• Options
    My check-in is becoming rather dull as we are still trying to figure out next steps after 5 ICI/3 IUI BFNs. 

This past week: 
    Wife and I have started getting paperwork together for going abroad for treatment. The public system should be funding more IUIs -- I think we've decided on Denmark -- though we'll have to pay for flights, food, accommodation, etc. If we go to IVF, we may end up in Spain. I'll have another blood test on Thursday. Once that's done, we can take the gigantic file that we received from our closing private clinic and those results to the doctor and set concrete next steps. I HOPE. 

The last four weeks not thinking about TTC has been kinda great but yesterday wife heard through the grapevine that acquaintances of ours are headed to (the same clinic we have chosen in) Denmark for (out of pocket) treatment. This is a couple who asked about our experiences last July. So now it's 20 months on from the first time we went to our doctor and said that we wanted to start this process and we're still no further... (Ok, we've had tests -- loads of tests -- and a bunch of attempts but we're no closer to a BFP yet.) All that has prompted us to getting back to paperwork and decision-making and calling for appointments, etc. 

QOTW: I like funny questions, concrete and easy to answer questions. (How's the weather is great for me -- Haha.) Really out there hypotheticals (5 famous people you would want to eat dinner with) are more difficult for me to answer. Also, I actually like TTC-focused questions. I know that we usually try to have a QOTW that's more about getting to know one another and not stressing TTC so much but since it's what I come here to talk about I kinda like a TTC question. 
  • Options
    We continue to struggle with our emotions and the feeling of sadness and anxiety is constant:(  Last week, DW never got an positive OPK, so we did not inseminate. Other than when she was pregnant, we haven't had a missed cycle and it's really challenging for me to have nothing to hope for right now.  Very sad to watch another month slip by.

We are meeting with an RE next week for the first time; I'm anxious about what options they may suggest for us and how we will choose.  But, it's good to have a professional and a plan.  For now, though, I am just sad.

Thinking of you channe9--the challenge of having to cross country borders adds a whole additional layer to the stress you're already living in. Crossing my fingers that this new place is the perfect one for you! 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing new here. Started Gonal f and Some other meds three nights ago. I have an estrogen blood check tomorrow. Then a Sonogram on Thursday and every two days after that. Feb 19 is the egg retrieval and we are excited about it! Hoping all goes well and I create lots of high quality eggs.
    Good luck to everyone in their journey's!
  • Options
    Thanks @wittyandwaiting‌
    Yay you might have your IuI the same day I have my egg retrieval! I'm sending you lots of good vibes!
  • Options
    vamommiesvamommies member
    edited February 2015
    Looks like DW temps dropped today, and she started spotting... out again #7 not what we wanted before Valentines day, at least she can have wine now. Tomorrow Kaiser board is hearing our appeal case, we are hoping to hear good news tomorrow or Friday about being covered for IVF. If they say no, we are going to take a break for awhile on TTC, figure out what we want to do, save some money, go on a vacation, be a sad lonely lesbian couple with fur babies. :(
    Me - 31
    DW - 27

TTC since Aug 2014, HSG clear, blood work good, retroverted uterus (no reason to not get a BFP?)
    #1 Unmedicated b2b IUI-8/14 =BFN
    #2 Unmedicated b2b IUI-9/14 = BFN
    #3 Unmedicated b2b IUI-10/14 = BFN
    #4 Clomid/HCG trigger/Progesterone IUI-11/14 =BFN
    #5 Clomid/Progesterone ICI at home-12/14 = BFN
    #6 Unmedicated ICI at home-1/15 = BFN
    #7 Medicated ICI at home- 1/30 = BFN
    #8 Taking a break..... Maybe IVF if we win the lotto.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"