High-Risk Pregnancy

Any other Expectant or trying Lupus Mother's on here?

Hi,
I'm probably in the wrong thread and all that jazz. But i have been trying for almost a year. Although it seems we may have had a possible pregnancy only to end up in miscarriage :( We are going to try again as ovulation is right around the corner so to speak. I am currently taking Enfamil Expecta Prenatal pills, is there anything else that i should be doing or not doing in order to make sure we can get past the few first vital weeks. I'd like to get past 2.5 weeks if possible. I had gotten to the point of not really thinking about the possibility of being pregnant until i was over a week late. Then i tried not to go nuts in testing etc like crazy either. Please help with any suggestions. I know that with Lupus any pregnancy is High Risk, but i don't want to let that scare me from trying, my doctor has always said it's better to try when you're not having any flare's or symptoms at all.

Thank You,

Re: Any other Expectant or trying Lupus Mother's on here?

• No advice, but I have Lupus too.  Hoping ob will release me on Tues to start TTC.  Good luck!!
  • I have lupus and am 25 weeks pregnant with twins. My lupus is more mild than most, I think, but since I already felt like an 80-yr-old anyway, we didn't want to wait to have kids. I'm not sure I have any advice for you, just support I guess. Your dr knows your case and knows what advice to give you. I will say this: be ready for some epic exhaustion!! I thought, "oh I'm used to the constant fatigue so that part won't be so hard." I was wrong. The babies are totally healthy so far though! :) Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • bsckgb7bsckgb7 member

JS, I have Lupus too and we are TTC (and started fertility stuff in June).  All my docs are on board (including MFM).  Any advice?  I also have APS, so I will be doing Lovenox injections once I get knocked up.  My Lupus affects my organs more than my joints/skin.   

• I am on lovenox too. Tip: inject it downward, not straight in. This way, you're more likely to stay within the layer of fat, rather than hitting the muscle (which would make you bruise more). The injection itself still hurts some days more than others, but at least using this trick has helped me have minimal bruising. I think it also helps to relax the leg of the side where you're injecting (if you're standing, lean on the other leg). I don't know why this helps, but it's probably the same reason that drs tell you relax your arm when you get a shot or get blood drawn.
  • bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    JS, all the docs said I HAVE to give it my stomach. Are you doing it in your leg?  I would much prefer my thigh (I do my B12 there), but Rhuemy, Ob, and Hematologist all say the stomach. 
  • Oh gosh, not what I meant! Let me clarify. I am NOT injecting it in my leg. You're right, it goes in the belly, towards the side. What I mean is, if you are injecting it into your stomach while standing up, it tends to hurt less if you are not putting your weight on the leg of that side. So if you are sticking the right side of your stomach, shift your weight to the left leg. Does that make more sense?
  • bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    Makes perfect sense.  You were getting me excited that someone was doing in their leg!!  Thanks for the advice.  I am in the TWW currently, to maybe I'll join ya'll over here in early June!!