C-sections

C-section and Tourette's Syndrome anyone?

I had my first LO last October so it'll be a while before I'm ready to try for another but there's a lot to think about in the mean time. LO was 4 days overdue and induced. During the delivery there were some complication with one of his shoulders getting stuck and now my OB has said that in the future she'd prefer to either induce at 39 weeks or have a c-section. I think given the options, I might prefer to try for a c-section but my major concern with it is that I have Tourette's Syndrome. I worry that I might have abdominal tics and that it could reopen the incision or something. While I do plan to do plenty of talking with my doctors before hand, I'd love to hear if any one has had experience with this.

Re: C-section and Tourette's Syndrome anyone?

• Does the OB who recommends the csection understand the full impact of your Touretttes?  I would get a second opinion if my dr persisted on this.  Is there a way to have our Tourettes dr and your OB connect so you OB has a full background of your medical condition? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She is aware of it as it was a concern of mine with pregnancy and both doctors are already in contact with each other. Since it's still so soon after the first and I'm not trying to get pregnant yet we haven't discussed it all fully yet. As I said previously, I'll talk with her and neurologist (possibly more than one neurologist) about it at length before making a decision. The thing now was trying to find out if someone else has gone through it and their experience with it rather than if it's possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"