April 2014 Moms
Options

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Options
    10am has never felt so good!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    @BADASBKRCK I'm glad it went well! And even better that you got to sleep in after ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're on day 3 of a man cold here. Dh went to bed at 5:30 after an early dinner. I wouldn't be so annoyed except that the kids have had the same cold and are complaining much less, and ds has been wanting to play with his dad all week and keeps getting turned away. I feel so sad seeing him so disappointed night after night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, shoot, @AmberLiz99 The worst. I think we are finally (finally!) turning a corner here. On Saturday DH said something about how he was glad it was lo's naptime because he could really use some rest (he had watched LO for 2.5 hours while I worked). I smiled and explained that I couldn't help but chuckle since I had been solely responsible for LO and work while I was sick with the stomach flu for 3 days. He acknowledged that I had a point and things have been better since. I hope your DH will see the light and maybe push himself a little to give ds 30 minutes of playtime or something. Hang in there!
  • Options

Oh, shoot, @AmberLiz99 The worst. I think we are finally (finally!) turning a corner here. On Saturday DH said something about how he was glad it was lo's naptime because he could really use some rest (he had watched LO for 2.5 hours while I worked). I smiled and explained that I couldn't help but chuckle since I had been solely responsible for LO and work while I was sick with the stomach flu for 3 days. He acknowledged that I had a point and things have been better since. I hope your DH will see the light and maybe push himself a little to give ds 30 minutes of playtime or something. Hang in there!

Thanks. I'm glad you guy are getting better!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sounds like a smart guy!

• Options
    @AmberLiz99 man colds are the worst! I hope your DS gets some playtime soon.
  • Options
    LO got bit at daycare today, right before I picked him up. He didn't cry though, so they didn't know it had happened until they saw his arm. No skin was broken, so I'm not worried at all. I'm just glad he wasn't the one doing the biting, since he has a tendency to mouth things!
  • Options
    @Sporty1216 your husband is a smart man. And I think you're a smart wife to bring it up to him that way instead of being angry. Good job!

@Talltrees82 I'm glad no skin was broken with the bite. Mouthing things and biting are two totally different things. Caroline likes to pretend to bite me on the finger and I sometimes think I shouldn't encourage it ,in case she were to ever want to do the same thing to another child. I just love the laughs I get though :)
  • Options
    DH has a man cold.  I've been irrationally grumpy with him.  This is possibly attributable to the fact that the last month and the next month are full of meetings and paperwork and so on and so forth.

Thankful on nights like tonight that I can soothe my little one with nursing.  He's so upset with being sick (both of my boys are sick), waking every 30 minutes.... A little comfort seems to go a long way at least.

So we got rid of cable.  Watching Resurrection on Hulu.  Anyone else into that show?
  • Options
    Oh man I dred the day that LO comes home with a bite mark, I don't think I would be calm at all @Talltrees82!!!
  • Options
    @talltrees82 my LO has been bitten twice at daycare now with visible marks.  It's sad for them but not as bad in the long run.  The daycare ladies always make sure to hug and kiss and cuddle the one who is bitten.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! The marks are almost gone, it could have been worse. He was a happy boy today! Our daycare teachers are fantastic and were concerned about him this morning.
  • Options
    sherks11 said:

Where has the ttmi thread been @BADASBKRCK??? I've had one and been waiting for 2 weeks!!!

LO about broke my heart tonight... She was sitting and playing and I laid on the floor next to her. She looks up at me, smiles, crawls up onto my stomach, and lays down putting her head on my chest hugging me. I love being a mom!!!

Coming right up!

• Options
    So DH will be leaving Saturday morning for a bowling tournament and not return until late Sunday night. While this does mean more work for me with the kids and housework...I am actually looking forward to Saturday night, home by myself Once I get the kids both in bed. I am going to soak in our jet tub that I ever have time for then paint my finger and toe nails and curl up to watch some corny movie that DH would never want to watch with me and pig out on some good chocolate, cheese, hummus and pitas to dip and wine!
  • Options
    Sounds awesome, @LolaX2 ! That's totally how I feel when DH has to be away too. I miss him and there is more work. But....
  • Options
    AW, but this kid is killing me with cuteness in his short-alls with little skulls and crossbones embroidered on them. Also, he is using his drum sticks on the window. That is less cute.
  • Options
    I've forgotten what it is like to have glasses that are not bent out of shape and covered in tiny fingerprints

• Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    Ugh, guys I made a big mistake at work and I feel so horrible and sick about it! I sent out an email to 39 people that was supposed to be sent as a blind copy but I sent it as a carbon copy instead. I told my boss right away what happened and he has been very understanding but this is making a ton more work for him now doing damage control. I am always so careful with email and double check everything and I swear I thought I had it set to blind copy and even checked again before sending it out. I work at a university and have for 11 years, 4.5 of those years in this office and have never made a big mistake like this. Ugh, I hate email now I am afraid to even use my email at all! I am normally a great employee and a perfectionist at my job. I know I'm human and everyone makes mistakes but I just feel so horrible about it and can't even think straight to get my other work done now. 

Ugh, I am so glad at least that it is Friday and I can't wait to go home and have some wine and try to distract myself from the office for a bit. I need a hug :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @LolaX2 I'm sure it will blow over soon only a little to go until the weekend.
  • Options

Oh @LolaX2, Im sorry that happened. Hopefully your boss is smart enough to recognize that you have been an excellent employee and this is your first mistake. Enjoy your wine, lots and lots of it!

• Options
    Shoot, @LolaX2 ! The worst. But as the others have said, I'm sure your boss is indeed smart enough to recognize that you're a great employee! Mistakes are bound to happen. I'd say 1 in 11 years is pretty darn awesome! Hugs via the Internet. And enjoy that wine. You deserve it!
  • Options
    @LolaX2 - I'm sorry that happened. I've had some gut wrenching work email mishaps as well. I once sent an email to the wrong client with the same first name - damn auto-populate! Potentially a very big deal as a lawyer! Thankfully everyone was very good about it and the wrong recipient deleted it without reading it - at least they promised me they did and put it in writing ;)

It'll blow over.
  • Options
    @LolaX2 that feeling is the worst! I'm so sorry. I hope it all blows over and you can forget about it soon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    Thanks for all the support. My boss and all of my co-workers have all been great about it and very supportive. I think I am the hardest on myself, but it has still taken up a lot of time for my boss and a bunch of others to make sure it is addressed in the best way possible. 

And damn it I cried at work :( They were all so supportive it kinda made me feel even worse if that makes any sense. I HATE crying in front of others especially co-workers! I guess its a good thing that I work with a bunch of Therapists and they all really appreciate all that I do for them when I am not busy screwing up like I did yesterday. 
  • Options
    Therapists? Crap, hope it wasn't Hipaa!

• Options
    We are very strict about hipaa. ;)
  • Options
    Well it finally happened - the moment I have been dreading. LO pooped in the tub. Not the poop you would hope for - the single nugget. It was the kind of poop that spreads all over and you can tell exactly what she ate earlier (peas, blueberries, and a fruit cup). Worst part of the whole experience... I was in the tub with her! I of course jumped the hell out as quick as humanly possible. As if that wasn't bad enough I then I had to keep her from eating her own poop while I waited for the tub to drain. Then had to clean out the food, fill the tub, and start the bath process all over again. So gross!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, @sherks11 ! That is awful! I'm giving LO a bath right now and the first thing he did was pee. Twice. I could see it make ripples in the still-shallow water. But pee we ignore, right?! I've been hoping against hope that we will dodge the poop bath bullet. We shall see. Hope you all got cleaned up ok and that you're not too traumatized!
  • Options
    @LolaX2 I'm so sorry that happened! I freak out about that kind of stuff when I'm sending emails. Glad your work was supportive.
  • Options
    @sherks11 - that's so gross! And no partner around to help you out? I would totally be yelling for DH. Now I'm worried about this happening!
  • Options
    Oh crap. My MIL just requested me on Facebook. Is there any way to not accept without looking like a jerk? I know how she will comment and post, and I don't want that. Ugh

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH has to work all weekend. DD has music this afternoon and I'm not allowed to bring LO, so I need a sitter for him. Tomorrow they both have swimming. It's a two person job since I have to be in the pool with LO. I have not made arrangements for any help - sitter or friend. Oops. I think the kiddos are missing some stuff this weekend.

I was working on finding a sitter, but I started freaking out about a stranger watching my kid at the pool and running away with her.

DH and I have tix to the opera for next weekend, so I obviously need to deal with this!
  • Options
    @Sporty1216 I have many times ignored pee, especially if she's in the big tub. Is that gross of me?? If she's in her baby tub I usually drain and refill bc it's small and easy to do.

@yellowflower15 no DH was gone while this all went down. I texted him the story with a new explicits for not being here to help with this disaster!!! I'm sure he and all the people he was out with got a good laugh at my expense!!
  • Options
    So we're in the process of weaning. We're down to nursing at bedtime, 3 or 4 in the morning, then when he gets up for the day (usually around 7). Starting this week I'm going to drop the morning feeding at 7. My plan is to do that for a week or 2, then drop another. Anyone have recommendations on which one to drop first? I'm thinking the bedtime one, because it's nice to just get up, feed him for 15 minutes and go back to bed for a couple hours at the 3/4 wake up. But at the same time, it's probably (past) time for him to stop waking up to nurse at 3/4, right? And I enjoy our bedtime nursing cuddles, so that's another reason to keep that one. Anyone have a suggestion one way or the other? Or do you think it matters? Thanks yall :)
  • Options
    Bedtime was my last to drop but I was down to first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. I chose to drop the morning one first because I loved bedtime snuggles too. Good luck!
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited May 2015
    I just decided that LO can nurse twice in 24 hours. One of those is bedtime. The other might be 3 or 4 am, in which case I'll maybe give him a small bottle at wake up, or it might be at 6, in which case that counts as the morning feed. It's weird, but it's working for us so far. :)

ETA: if I was trying to get to one, I'd probably keep bedtime. I find that a cold bottle will sometimes do the trick for the 3/4am wake up. Maybe you could experiment with something like that? Ultimately, I'd vote for keeping whichever one you like best. :)
  • Options
    I found a friend to watch my LO yesterday so that I could take his sister to her music class. Well, he really resisted his nap and went to sleep quite late, so I couldn't bring myself to wake him up 30 mins later to leave. So I Got him up late and we left late and then traffic was terrible. By the time we got to the friend's house to drop him off, it was time for the music class to start. So I felt like a schmuck and we just hung out at the friend's for a bit. Oops.
  • Options
    So I think the famous "eating like a bird" toddler appetite has begun. Im watching my niece go throughthrough this too and I am amazed that they manage to survive lol