3rd Trimester

contractions??

I'm almost 37 wks & I'm having like muscle spasms in my upper stomach. They don't last long & don't really hurt, just uncomfortable. I haven't dropped yet.

Re: contractions??

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR.
  • Talk with your midwife.
  • Loading the player...
  • What did your Dr say about them?
  • Had an appt today, cervix still closed..said maybe she's getting ready to drop.
  • xofaithanneoxxofaithanneox member
    edited February 2015
    I obviously posted the question BEFORE my Dr appt.
  • I obviously posted the question BEFORE my Dr appt.

And you obviously see why this wasn't a smart decision now. At least I hope
  • lovexhp said:

You people are rude. She wasn't seeking your medical advice. She was asking your personal mom advice. You could be having contractions regardless of if your thinning or dilating or dropping. I had contractions like that for over a month with my first and for two weeks with my second. Im currently pregnant with my third and have been having extremely bad Braxton hicks contractions. Relax and breathe through it. Your baby is coming soon! Congrats! <3

Except she didn't ask anything. There was no question.
  • I had time table contractions for at least three weeks but still wasn't dilated the day before my son was born. When I woke up on his birthday, the contractions were very different.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • You can have "practice" contractions for weeks (I think that is what you were asking). It's your body gearing up. However, you can still go past 40 weeks.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Telling someone to call their doctor =\= treating them like crap

• Nicb13 said:
    Nicb13 said:
    Alyllyra said:
    You people are rude. She wasn't seeking your medical advice. She was asking your personal mom advice. You could be having contractions regardless of if your thinning or dilating or dropping. I had contractions like that for over a month with my first and for two weeks with my second. Im currently pregnant with my third and have been having extremely bad Braxton hicks contractions. Relax and breathe through it. Your baby is coming soon! Congrats! <3
    Well dang, I guess that's a good enough reason to treat the OP like crap. Well done. These trimester boards will never change.
    Like crap?  Where?  Stop being so dramatic. 

Ay Ay board police ::eye roll::
    Laugh out loud..... 
  • AlyllyraAlyllyra member
    edited February 2015
    Nicb13 said:

Alyllyra said:

lovexhp said:

Well dang, I guess that's a good enough reason to treat the OP like crap. Well done. These trimester boards will never change.

---QBF---

Didn't say it was. But I also don't consider sound advice like telling people to call their doctors if they have contractions is rude.
  • They sound like braxton hicks contractions to me. I had them around the same time frame during my last three pregnancies. I am expecting the 4th and I'm having braxton hicks
  • Wow, I came on this site expecting some information that would gear me for this pregnancy...arguing is very petty for a time such as this..no time for drama, confusion, or nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"