Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppababy Vista 2015 VS Britax B-Ready and others

Hi!

I am pregnant with my second baby, due in August. My first will turn 2 in August as well. We are looking to change our stroller for a convertible one, that would allow me to be in single mode when only with the baby, but also in double when we are out with the two.

I've been eyeing the Uppababy Vista since my first pregnancy and am wondering of any of you have the 2015 model in double? Do you like it?

I also received nice comments for the Britax. I was looking at the City Select or the Bugaboo Donkey, but they're not my first choices...The City looks difficult to drive when in double mode and the donkey is quite large....and expensive!!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Uppababy Vista 2015 VS Britax B-Ready and others

• We are about to have baby 2 also. Our kids will be about 23 months apart. Of the strollers you mentioned, we are considering the Bugaboo Donkey. I've looked at the Vista and really do not like it in tandem mode. I agree with the PP that the weight limitation is not ideal. I also don't like that one kid gets a crappy seat. From others with the Vista, I've read that some parents have a hard time with kicking the back seat when they walk. Who knows. We are only considering side-by-side options. The thing holding me back from the Donkey is mostly the price because I don't think we will use it past 8 mos or so. That's when we stopped using our all-terrain stroller with our daughter and switched to the lightweight Bugaboo Bee. We are looking at the Bumbleride Indie Twin and two Valco models, the Spark Duo and Tri Mode Twin EX. Both are small enough to fit through a standard doorway, and both work with the Nuna Pipa infant car seat which we will be using. The Bumbleride and Valco strollers push like a dream, great manueverability. I love that with the Valco, you can do rear-facing seats, too. The Bumbleride has a great storage basket. Overall, I'm finding it harder to decide on a double stroller.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Have you looked at Phil & Ted's Navigator? That's a convertible single-to-double option.
  • Loading the player...
  • Because I'm obsessed with this project, I contacted a prolific baby gear blog author for some insight. She recommended the Bugaboo Donkey or UB Vista, but also said the Bumbleride Indie is a great option. Having now looked at the Vista, we can see great potential for our daughter who would be the back seat rider to kick or otherwise mess with the front mounted rumble seat. Something else to consider.
  • Did you look at the new Vista? I thought the rumble seat looked a lot more comfortable than the previous one...

I'll check the ones you mentioned. I am hesitant for the Donkey since I wasn't completely in love with my Cameleon. I don't want to pay the big price again and be disappointed....

It's sooo difficult to choose!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Also, I want to be able to have the kids either forward or front facing.

We are in Canada, where the winters are cold and I like to have the baby forward facing so she doesn't get all the wind in her face when I walk!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    edited February 2015
    @cath027, we also want a stroller that permits both rear and forward facing. The Valco models I mentioned both have that nice feature. I can see why you might hesitate with the Donkey if you're not wild about the Chameleon. May I ask what you don't care for? We have the Bee and I love it, but it's a very different stroller. We did look at the new Vista, but we have decided that we really don't want an inline stroller. The first thing our toddler did in the Vista was to start messing with the rumble seat. I just like the idea of a side-by-side better where both kids can be rear facing. You're righ, this is a very tough decision. After much consideration, we have decided on the Donkey for a number of reasons, one of which is the option to convert into mono mode. Not happy about the price tag and I wish it had a larger storage basket, but as far as I can tell, there is no perfect stroller.
  • I was disappointed by the basket size compared to other strollers. I didn't think I'd use the basket as much as I did and I would have liked a bigger one. Also, the canopy wasn't large enough. Half the time, I had to get a blanket to cover the baby from the sun and I thought that when paying that price for a stroller, I would have gotten better coverage. I see that the new Cameleons have addressed this, but I didn't want to spend another 100$ just on a canopy!!

The folding in two parts, I didn't mind very much, but I can see why it would be nice to have it fold in one piece. But still, if I get a convertible stroller, I'll probably need to separate it to fold, so it doesn't matter..

But other than that, I liked it, I just expected to be over-the-moon in love with it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I looked at the Valco, but correct me if I am wrong, but they're all either single or double right? No convertible from single to duo mode?

Since my eldest will be at daycare a few days a week, I'd like to have the option to have 1 or 2 places in the stroller :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had a 2013 Vista with my first, and when I found out I was pregnant with my second I decided to go with the Bugaboo Donkey. 

They will be 19 months apart. Since this was my second, I had a hard time justifying the expense of a Donkey, so I kept my eyes open and found a barely used Donkey, less than a year old on CL (twin set up-so it had all possible combinations of seats). It was in perfect condition and at less than half the price it would be new. I jumped on it and bought it. 

After that, I  sold my Vista and its carseat(Mesa) for just a little less than what I bought the Donkey for. 

The donkey is awesome, but I actually do like my Vista better. They push about the same, but the seats on the donkey could be made with better features. 

I did look at the new Vista... I do not like pushing strollers with seats in tandem. It was a little front heavy when you put a 25lb almost toddler in the front seat. For me, its much harder than the side by side donkey. 

FYI: The donkey in single mode is less wide than the Vista and in double mode is only a few inches wider.  The donkey looks wider than it really is.

I haven't had any problems with it getting in and out of doors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"