November 2014 Moms

No let down during pumping

I nurse exclusively while at home with LO and pump while at work. I've been back at work about a month now and just this week I've stopped having a let down during my first pumping session of the day at work. I usually pump 2-4 ounces but now at my first pump at work I only pump 1/2 an ounce and the rest of the day it's back to 2-4 ounces each time I pump. I can feel that I have milk in my breasts but I'm just  not getting a let down during that first pumping session. Has this happened to anyone, any tips for fixing it?

Re: No let down during pumping

• Warm cloths on each boob will help. Massage where you feel the lump are. That should help
  • I've read that bringing someone with baby's smell or looking at photos of baby while pumping helps. Anything to stimulate your mommy hormones that remind you of baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Try a video of your baby crying.

If that didn't work for me than it was because I was too stressed. If that's the case then try to distract yourself while pumping. Get on Facebook, call your mom, just do something to take your mind off the fact that you are pumping.
  • Some troubleshooting when letdown randomly stopped for me: replacing the white membranes after a month, getting a hands free bra (stimulating both sides started forcing letdown fast!)
  • Definitely also try replacing the membranes! Excellent advice @misterdonut‌
  • Try replacing the membranes and also I find that if I take the suction off my breasts after a few minutes and then try again it can help too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"