August 2012 Moms
Options

Alternatives to Pull Ups?

DD pees and poops on the potty frequently at DC and at home.  It's about 50/50 though if her diaper is dry or wet when it's potty time.  She definalty has interest, but it not 100% ready to go diaper free.  I'm not a fan of the whole potty-train in a weekend thing, and I'm letting her take it at her own pace. 

However, I was thinking about switching to pull ups to make things easier (I'm horrible at changing diapers with her standing up!)  But my concern about pull ups is that they are just as absorbant as a diaper and the child never feels wet.  I've looked at those cotton gerber traning pants, but they are just thick underware and don;t catch anything (I learned by experience becasue several months ago she had a yeast infection and I needed to go without a diaper while at home for a couple hours - they don;t hold anthing). 

I want her to feel wet, so she learns that she peed, but I also want decent absorbabcy so that I don't have to also change her pants!

I'm sure such a thing exists in the cloth diaper world (a world I know nothing about unless its the 1980's cloth diapers with pins that I used with my sister!)

Any suggestions?

I've also heard one of you mention that you put underwear under the pull up?  Did that essentailly serve the same purpose?

I'll check out the cloth diapering board too ... if I can find it on this new webpage!

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"