June 2014 Moms
Options

~*born to run junebugs 2/2*~

This is a weekly thread for runners who were due June 2014, that is posted on Mondays. All who run--or who want to start running--are welcome, regardless of mileage, pace, ability, size, shape, or terrestrial status. We had this thread during pregnancy, now it's time to lose that baby weight. 

How were your runs and workouts this week? 

What are your plans for health/fitness this week?

GTKY: Something you are excited about this week?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ~*born to run junebugs 2/2*~

• Options
    How were your runs and workouts this week? 
    Good but I never got in my long run.  I don't want to run long for some reason at the moment so I just don't do it which will make my half marathon fun.  In place of my long run I did a great interval run which was 5 miles then did 10 minutes on the stair climber.  That machine is no joke - I sweat so much!
    What are your plans for health/fitness this week?
    3 runs, 3 weights, a spin or 2 and soccer!
    GTKY: Something you are excited about this week?
    My dietbet is over and I made it (barely!) which brings me closer to my pre-preg weight which I am determined to get off before her birthday!  I think I want to do another one in March - it's the motivation I need!

• Options
    Did everyone leave me????????

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply!! I did sign up
    At the new spot, but will try to continue here if everyone else didn't leave??

Runs/workouts:
    Still going strong--3 strength workouts, 1 yoga session.

Plans:
    Continue with strength, but need to start running. Planning on a 10k in April and haven't been running much at all!!

Something I'm excited about:
    Hnmmmm....started swimming lessons with the babe and I love it! I'm excited about that! Haha. Sorry not much excitement here this week!!

Hope the others join!
  • Options
    Debating deleting... TB changed TOU and now have rights to any posted pics.... I'm in the new fb and the other place.

My runs: ran 3 times, long run was 6 miles-felt great! 15k is Saturday!!

Plan: run the 15k, get some rest!

Excited about: finishing the 15k and having date day after! Texas de Brazil for supper! Bring on the meat sweats!
  • Options
    I'm the worst - totally spaced on this thread this week. 

How were your runs and workouts this week? So far so good. I have been trying to integrate cardio into my gym sessions but what I really lack is TIME. And frankly, I love seeing the results lifting weights gets me, whereas I don't see that from running so running has taken the backseat for now. I have gotten to the gym 3 times so far this week with a total of 5 miles logged on the treadmill within that. I plan to get some more miles in tonight, and head to the gym Saturday and Sunday - maybe another run on Sunday as well, but we are supposed to go look at potential houses to buy that day so we'll see. 

What are your plans for health/fitness this week? I kind of outlined this above, oops. I have been improving in the diet dept but slacked major on meal prep so I need to focus on that more next week.

GTKY: Something you are excited about this week? We got a squat rack for the house and I haven't had a chance to test it out yet so that is on my to-do list for this week. #brostatus

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kinipela7 I will never leave you!!! Haha

• Options
    I was getting really worried!!  I'm not opposed to moving to the other place, but I don't know where that other place is.  (As long as it isn't facebook)

@sjdihle - good luck with the race!  can't wait to hear about it!

@babygabe614 - good luck with the house hunting - always a fun process! I hear you on the weights.  Always get better results with strength/cardio.

• Options
    Is everyone signed up on proboards?
    I am also not opposed to moving it there but if not I will keep coming back here. I'm not comfortable enough for Facebook, and that's crazy about them claiming rights to your pics! I've never posted any, but I would be pissed if I had!

@babygabe614‌ I also hear you on the weight training. See much better results then running, but I enjoy running/biking much better when it's warmer out. I'm still looking into bike trailers for the summertime for the babe so I will look forward to that!
  • Options
    @TheGizzmo I definitely see myself being back outside running when it gets warmer... but I have totally become a softie about that this winter and have been loving staying indoors, lol! I am a run leader for my running club so I do lead at least one group run per month so I'm getting a little bit of cold exposure despite my attempts to avoid it. ;)

I'm not on proboards but I am in the FB group. Honestly the TOU thing regarding pictures is pretty standard legalese text that you would find on many message boards so I'm not super concerned with it. Regardless, I'll keep coming back here for this thread. Speaking of, going to check now to see if a thread was started for this week yet... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"