2nd Trimester
Options

27weeks only gain 1pound

Im super surprise that i had not gain any weight since i got pregnant. Of course, i had bad morning sickness nd i still get sick every other day. But im gettin an ultrasound feb 18 to check the baby weight & height. Pray for me to have positive results.

Re: 27weeks only gain 1pound

• Options
    I have a friend who never gains much when she's pregnant, she has three kids.  I remember with her first she only gained 4 lbs.  Her daughter weighed 6lb+ when she was born and was the picture of perfect health, her other two are the same. 
  • Options
    Thats good news... I just want my baby to be healthy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    you still have time to gain. if you are concerned.......speak to your healthcare provider.
  • Options
    Wow, that's pretty surprising but as long as your doctor thinks you're doing alright I wouldn't be worried. I knew someone who actually lost weight while she was pregnant (6 pounds) because her morning sickness was really, really bad. Both of her kids are healthy.  
  • Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Everyone is different. I'm just shy of 23 weeks and have only gained 1lb as well. Doctor is not concerned. With DS I gained very little until the last month - literally gained 5lbs a week for the last 3 weeks.  
  • Options
    I have only gained 3 pounds at almost 21w. I asked my Dr and he said as long as the baby is growing and healthy it is nothing to worry about. GL
    BFP 10/31/12, MC 11/9/12 - We had to say goodbye before we could really say hello. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im 20 weeks 3 days and only gained 1 pound also mostly due to my bad morning sickness which caused me to loose 20 pounds. Doctors arent concerned because im eating , said the weight will eventually come on. I would say nothing to worry about :)
  • Options
    I am 19 weeks and have not gained anything either but like you Ive been sick with no appetite. Its strange because with my first baby I had 10-15 gained by this point. I have my anatomy scan next week, hoping baby is growing ok. I pray that all goes well for you too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm half way to 15 weeks and I've only gained 4-5 pounds. I try to eat lots of small meals so that might be why.
  • Options
    All of my pregnancies I lost weight and never gained it back. I weighed at least 20 pounds less than when i got pregnant with each of them. I was sick through the entirety. But all my babies were over 8 pds and very healthy. Praying your ultrasound comes out great.
  • Options
    I'm 20 weeks and have lost 25 pounds. I haven't been doing anything besides eating better. We had our anatomy ultrasound laat week and baby was wiggling around with a strong heartbeat and measuring right on track. So try not to stress!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I lost 30 pounds because I was nauseated the whole time and couldn't hold anything down. Around my 7th month my doctor put me on a strict meat and potatoes diet and I gained the weight back quick and all in my tummy. My son was born healthy and fine. There were never any issues. ..

My second pregnancy I only gained 10 pounds and it was all in my 3rd trimester. She was healthy and thrived the entire time. Now I'm pregnant with my 3rd. Heading into my 2nd trimester and I have lost 4 pounds. But just had an ultrasound and he's doing fine...was wiggling and kicking away :-)
  • Options
    I'm a couple days into my third trimester and I haven't gained a pound yet. But my baby is above average in every category! It's ok!!! Every body is diffrent! We are the lucky ones ;)
  • Options
    I'm 19w2d with baby number 2and I originally lost 15lb I'm still down about 10lb from the beginning and with my son I gained8lb by the time he was born and he weighed almost 8lb. Some people just don't gain, and have perfectly healthy babies
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks and down 9 pounds from my starting weight. Baby is healthy and measuring ahead.
  • Options
    I'm 24 weeks I have only gained 8lbs doc says everything is ok... If there was an issue your doc would of addressed it by now
  • Options
    As long as your doctor says everything is ok, than you should be fine. Ugg, I gained 20 plus pounds already and I am 27 weeks this week. For a small person like myself, this is quite daunting physically.
  • Options
    That's awesome! Not everyone gains tons of weight! I pray I'm like you
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and I've barely gained! All women are different. We come in all shapes and sizes. As long as you're feeling good and your baby is healthy, don't stress. Xoxo
  • Options
    I gained and lost weight during pregnancy . Bodies are different I am sure you fine and baby is perfect .