Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

"Mommy needs space"

That's what I tell my 2 1/2 year old. I'm pregnant with ds2, due any day now. Ds1 has been very clingy lately which I'm sure is normal for his age? And impending our new arrival I've been able to hang out with him more. But it's becoming problem. He won't do anything by himself!!

Any tips on creating a more independent toddler??

Re: "Mommy needs space"

• Options
    Yes, it is normal especially with another LO on the way. I found that what helped me was asking my children for help. I made a big deal about me needing them. They were receptive to doing things for me and I found that the more they did on my behalf, the more they wanted to do for themselves. 
  • Options
    KSEDmini said:

Yes, it is normal especially with another LO on the way. I found that what helped me was asking my children for help. I made a big deal about me needing them. They were receptive to doing things for me and I found that the more they did on my behalf, the more they wanted to do for themselves. 

Agree with this. However, your toddler might just need some extra cuddles. Big changes are happening & so maybe give him an extra cuddle then ask for help.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"