April 2015 Moms

5th csection

is anyone else had or having a fifth csection. This will be my fifth. 2009, 2010, 2011,2013. I'm very nervous

Re: 5th csection

• Good luck to you. I hope everything goes smoothly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry no advice to offer but good luck! You got this momma!
  • I'm preparing for my fifth as well, 1999, 2002, 2006, 2009(miscarriage) and April 2015. I am nervous of all the scar tissue they will go through and how my body will react with the epidural but in the end, the thought seeing our baby girl healthy will be all worth it!
  • klingspwn said:

rsaj0807 said:

Wow. I'm going on 3. If be nervous at a 5th.

I'm genuinely curious, why would each subsequent c-section be more nerve-wracking than the first?
    Scar tissue isn't as strong as original healthy tissue. With each injury the tissue becomes more weakened and doesn't heal quite as well as before. It also makes the uterus a less able to hold up against the pressure of pushing with a VBAC. I'd actually be equally as worried about my uterus being able to physically support the stretching and increased weight with a fifth pregnancy. Hope all goes well OP!
  • edited February 2015
    I'm nervous because I'm not sure how much scare tissue I have
  • If it's your 5th you have tons. Honestly, most doctors will tell you when having your first to definitely not plan to have more than 3 kids. Your body isn't meant to be cut open in the same place so many times. It's harder for the doctors to get through. We encourage people to get tubals at their 3rd usually.
  • I'm having my 3rd....2006, 2011, and now April 2015. I'm not really nervous just because my 2nd went so much better than my 1st since I knew what to expect and I actually recovered better the 2nd time around. My dr is also okay with me having one more after this. I will be done after #4 for sure though!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm woundering if they will deliver me earlier
  • I am 1 of 7 children. My mom had c sections with all of us. She is ok. :)
  • I will be having my 3rd (2009, 2011, 2015) After my 2nd my doc said there was very little scar tissue. He will check what my scar looks like and the amount of scar tissue.  He said he would for sure do a 4th but would likely deliver at 37 weeks. Good Luck to all the C-section Mamas!  T&P for an easy surgery and quick recovery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"