High-Risk Pregnancy

placenta previa

taruuhtaruuh member
edited January 2015 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Hello all. My name is Tara. I have had type 1 diabetes for a little over a year now. I am expecting a little boy in July. I am 17 weeks pregnant. I was diagnosed with placenta previa yesterday. My high risk doctor expects the placenta to move up by next month. Do any of you have or have had this and how long did it take for your placenta to move up? I apologize if this topic has been discussed. I did search and didn't find any recent posts. Tia

Edited for spelling errors.

Re: placenta previa

• I had complete previa that ended up moving by 32 weeks. I was able to deliver vaginally with no issues. Fingers crossed that your previa moves up!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa at 19 weeks and was still come at 24 weeks. At 26 weeks it had moved to marginal (1/2 cm away from OS) and then at 28 weeks it was 1 cm away from OS. I have one more cm to go so I am Hopeful I will be cleared for a vaginal delivery. I did have a bleed at 28 weeks. Good luck!

*** BFPs and Loss Mentioned ***

TTC since 08/2012

BFP 12/28/12-- EDD 9/19/13-- M/C (d&c) on 1/31/13

7/15/14 -- IVF #1

ER on 7/26/14 -- 15 R, 8F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4aa); 4 frosties!!!

BFP 8/5/14-- EDD 4/18/15

Beta #1 (14dpo):  223, Beta #2 (17dpo): 898

First u/s -- 8/28/14= 1 beautiful baby with a hb of 131

10/25/14- It's a GIRL!

11/24/14- DX with Complete Placenta Previa (Stage IV)

1/12/15- Placenta Previa has moved to Marginal!! (Stage II)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was diagnosed at 20 weeks had a bleed at 25 weeks and two more at 28 weeks my last ultrasound was at 29 weeks and I was still a complete previa I am now 32 weeks and they are not hopefully it will move. But we will wait and see at the next ultrasound right now I'm just praying for no more bleeds
  • ambahambah member
    edited March 2015
    at 18 weeks I found out I had placenta previa as well....has my follow up ultrasound yesterday and found out today it has not shifted.
    It normally does - but in my gut I didn't think my was going too....I have complete previa...is yours complete or marginal?
    Unfort I also found out I have vasa previa which is where the blood vessels are covering my cervix as well...so I will 100% be having a c-section around 35-37 weeks now.
    Crossing my fingers for you! Hope it shifts!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I was diagnosed with partial previa at 20 weeks. Thursday I went to the ob for spotting and cramps. He did an u/s and my partial previa is now complete previa. :(
    It doesn't help my cervix is thinning and my amniotic fluid is low. I'm only 26 weeks. So now I'm on 2 weeks complete bed rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"