September 2012 Moms
Options

Ethan's Room- HALP!

Ethan will be moving into the room where Maya is now when he is out of his baby cage, probably this summer.  The room will have two twin beds and a dresser in it.  The walls are  a very pale yellow with white trim.  I want to buy a nice comforter/duvet/quilt that we can stick with as he gets older.  I'm up for ideas.

I like this:
Mod Stripe Duvet Cover, Twin, White/Dusty Navy

But also this:

Chalk Dottie Duvet + Shams

And the Land of Nod one in the other thread.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Re: Ethan's Room- HALP!

• Options
    The stripes gets my vote. I think it is the easiest to design around for the future. I went grey and white large stripes for James' room with 2 twins and I will change up the sheets and blanket at the end of the bed to change it around as time goes on.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

I loved the other one for the pops of color but the stripes are the easiest to design around like @hmp1 said.

Is there a theme you're going for? Or a certain color you want to incorporate in there?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

I loved the other one for the pops of color but the stripes are the easiest to design around like @hmp1 said.

Is there a theme you're going for? Or a certain color you want to incorporate in there?

Not necessarily.  My initial idea was to pair with cute sheets with cars, trains, something he likes.  Then I will get art and decor to coordinate with that.
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

Not necessarily.  My initial idea was to pair with cute sheets with cars, trains, something he likes.  Then I will get art and decor to coordinate with that.

In my search for avaiation themed things I've found several places with cute sheets. I love pretty much everything from RH and they had some awesome train sheets there but they're $80 a set. I ended up just buying the pillow cases and found sheets at Shopko that were the same background color.

I found this site on Etsy that has awesome burlap pillows:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PolkadotApplePillows?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I love the vintage looking trains, cars and airplanes more than the modern ones. I think it tends to go a lot farther age wise than the bubbly automotive stuff right now. IMO.

• Options
    I would go with the stripes - they seem the most boylike

And here's my thoughts (and my plan for Grant's room too).  Go for the comforter that you can coordinate the most things with (fun colored sheets, different room decor etc)  and then when he or you want to change things he up (he really wants jake and the never-land pirates sheets or he wants to do his room in trains instead of cars) the comforter will still fit in.

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    What about the stripes with the sheets from LON in the duvet pattern you posted?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I love the blue stripe comforter the best. Agree with everyone else, it's easiest to change/plan a theme around blue stripes. It goes with so many different things.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Ok, I ordered the striped one.  I'm excited.  On to the sheets!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, that's so perfect!  It's going to be such a cute room.  I love the stripes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Keagans quilt is blue and white stripes. I currently have red sheets and a red star duvet on it with navy curtain panels. His walls are white with a red stripe. So it ended up being red white and blue (not in a cheesy way) I went with a duvet cover so in the summer I can pull the duvet off, and down the line if I want to go a different direction I can change the sheets and duvet and still use the blue and white striped quilt

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"