September 2012 Moms

WTF FRIDAY!

2»

Re: WTF FRIDAY!

• @beebopandbuddy It is adorable.  That picture doesn't show it well.  I love it.

https://li.c-b.co/is/image/LandOfNod/Bedding_Flannel_Fair_Isle_Group/$web_zoom$&wid=550&hei=550&/1408311900/my-fair-isle-flannel-bedding.jpg

ETA:  a solid throw at the bottom could tone it down if it ends up being too overwhelming.  I think it is freaking adorable.
    Oh, yeah, this is much better.  I like this. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @beebopandbuddy It is adorable.  That picture doesn't show it well.  I love it.

https://li.c-b.co/is/image/LandOfNod/Bedding_Flannel_Fair_Isle_Group/$web_zoom$&wid=550&hei=550&/1408311900/my-fair-isle-flannel-bedding.jpg

ETA:  a solid throw at the bottom could tone it down if it ends up being too overwhelming.  I think it is freaking adorable.
    Love it @beebopandbuddy.

I have crazy multi color sheets for DS bed and am getting a solid red/grey reversible comforter for his room.   His walls will be painted like this next week (it will be either Transformers or Star Wars accents - HIS CHOICE (see my previous post, hahaha))

Show Bobby! Red, Black & Gray Bedroom Makeover--these are the colors I picked for my room!! Can't wait to do it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • MommaP12 said:

FFCF:  I can't stand when parents choose for the kids or get upset if a kid doesn't want to do what they want.  I'm thinking of things like bday parties, halloween costumes, valentines, etc.  I let DS pick all that out himself.  He's a KID and should get to choose that stuff, not me.  Obvi unless its insane/extreme I would guide him, but it's not my place to decide what his bday theme should be, costume should be, valentines should be, etc.  
    I view getting to pick stuff like this--costumes, birthday party theme, valentines for daycare--as a bonus of the "baby/young toddler" years.  Enjoy it while it lasts and then move on.  DD already wants to pick her own shirts most days and always picks the Disney character ones SIL gives her if they're available--NMS, but oh well.  It's just going to get paint smeared on it at DC anyway!
  • Thank you @tinyhumantoe.  You did a much better job of showing it than I did.  You are clearly more experienced in requesting opinions on decorating here. :P  I'm without a clue.
  • Thank you @tinyhumantoe.  You did a much better job of showing it than I did.  You are clearly more experienced in requesting opinions on decorating here. :P  I'm without a clue.
    At least you know you'll get an honest reply from me, haha!  Just claim you were testing us. 
  • Pokedot said:
    What do you guys think of this duvet cover?  I thinking of buying it for Ethan's room.

It's busy, but I like it!

I agree. It's busy but I do like it. If you're going with this I'd keep to neutral solids and not much else with patterns in his room. Where's it from?

It's from Land of Nod.  I've been looking at madras plaid comforters, which are kind of a busy pattern too, but the ones from PBK are kinda pricey and he will have two twin beds in his room, so I'll need 2.

I was thinking solid sheets with it.  The room is light yellow and the furniture will be black

I think as long as everything else is solid it's super cute. The picture just showed it being really busy but the other one THT showed I think showed it better. Stick to solids and it's a winner! :)

• Help me finish shopping for my guest room.  Yellow bedroom--very pale, warm buttercreamy kind of color.  Like "Touch of Sunshine" here:

White trim and doors.  Unfortunate blue window frames that will eventually be white.  White sheer curtains.

I was originally planning grey bedding and rug, but now I'm second guessing.  Does this go? Too much warm/cool mixing?image
  • Hyaline said:
    Thank you @tinyhumantoe.  You did a much better job of showing it than I did.  You are clearly more experienced in requesting opinions on decorating here. :P  I'm without a clue.
    At least you know you'll get an honest reply from me, haha!  Just claim you were testing us. 
    I wanted honest answers, that's why I asked.   :)
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    beebopandbuddy It is adorable.  That picture doesn't show it well.  I love it.

Does it come as a sheet set (like how it is pictured above)? I think it is too much for a comforter, especially x2. But a sheet set with a solid or thick navy/white stripes ($31 at West Elm) would be cute.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm gonna start a thread.  I have so many questions.
  • I've come to realize I don't mind MOTN feedings(bc I climb back in my cozy bed)....its the MOTN diaper changing that I can't stand. I also can't for the life of me remember the best way to do it. Sam dispises getting changed and usually cries a lot and ends up wide awake despite low lighting, shhhing, re swaddling etc. Cannot wait until the constant pooping slows.

Do I:
    A) Feed on one side then change him between sides & burping, with the risk of him pooping again during the rest of the feeding?

B)Diaper change at the end of a feeding but risk him crying & not settling down as easily?

C) None of the above-Do something else that my sleep-deprived brain cannot come up with right now?

(TIA! Post & run, well actually post & shower, make a few phone calls, pick up a bit. Sam just fell asleep on me, & I'm going to transfer him to his RNP. )
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    I've come to realize I don't mind MOTN feedings(bc I climb back in my cozy bed)....its the MOTN diaper changing that I can't stand. I also can't for the life of me remember the best way to do it. Sam dispises getting changed and usually cries a lot and ends up wide awake despite low lighting, shhhing, re swaddling etc. Cannot wait until the constant pooping slows. Do I: A) Feed on one side then change him between sides & burping, with the risk of him pooping again during the rest of the feeding? B)Diaper change at the end of a feeding but risk him crying & not settling down as easily? C) None of the above-Do something else that my sleep-deprived brain cannot come up with right now? (TIA! Post & run, well actually post & shower, make a few phone calls, pick up a bit. Sam just fell asleep on me, & I'm going to transfer him to his RNP. )
    Leo was never an automatic pooper and pooping didn't wake him, so I did diaper first then feeding. 
    ETA: except at the very beginning when I was just trying to keep him awake through a feeding, then I was doing the diaper mid feed.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I just bought a bunch of stuff from RUUM for L in 2 sizes too big because why not at 85% off. DH is just going to laugh at me.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Someone recommended that I clear my browser when looking for flights.  Dude.  It saved me over $50 a ticket--$53 to be exact!  Seriously, I'm so happy right now I can't even believe that worked!

I've never heard of that but it makes total sense! Yeah for saving money!

• I am so lost in this thread, I don't know what to respond too!   but Happy Friday to everyone!

Just mere hours away from the freedom of the weekend :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Someone recommended that I clear my browser when looking for flights.  Dude.  It saved me over $50 a ticket--$53 to be exact!  Seriously, I'm so happy right now I can't even believe that worked!

Why does that work?

• @Hyaline, I love that bedding, where is it from? (and where am I going to put it in my house!?!?!)

• pharmer78 said:
    @Hyaline, I love that bedding, where is it from? (and where am I going to put it in my house!?!?!)

I found it on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IAHJKA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love matelasse coverlets--my grandma always had them :)
  • MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited January 2015
    I made a Pinterest project this morning and now I'm wishing I had been a little gutsier with my fabric choice. I played it safe with a pattern I used in our old house and it just kind of blends in to the wall.

I'll live with it for a little while and change it if I still don't like it. One panel all done was only about $8! I still have another to make but I'm going to do that tonight.

Edit: I have no idea if the picture is showing up but there is supposed to be a picture there.

Anniversary

• MRoxy0628 said:

It's a grading day at work and since I don't have grading to do, I'm home with Lily. I think we're going to take a trip to Target but not sure what else. I was hoping we'd sleep in, but were up at 6, so I already made pancakes. :)

@MRoxy0628‌ A grading day?! Tell me more! This sounds like the kind of thing teachers dream of. And if you don't have things to grade, because you are not in the classroom, you get to stay home?

• Super cute @mrskipper!  I just click on the broken image thing and it comes up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

• Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

Why does that work?
    Apparently when you go to a travel site, it stores your information so you always get different prices when you go back.  IDK why.  That's what google said when I google'd it. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• MRoxy0628 said:

It's a grading day at work and since I don't have grading to do, I'm home with Lily. I think we're going to take a trip to Target but not sure what else. I was hoping we'd sleep in, but were up at 6, so I already made pancakes. :)

@MRoxy0628‌ A grading day?! Tell me more! This sounds like the kind of thing teachers dream of. And if you don't have things to grade, because you are not in the classroom, you get to stay home?
    I work in a high school and at the end of the quarter the students get the day off so teachers can finalize grades. I'm a social worker, but on the teacher contract, so I am supposed to be there too, but I used some time off to stay home. :)

• MrsKipper said:
    I made a Pinterest project this morning and now I'm wishing I had been a little gutsier with my fabric choice. I played it safe with a pattern I used in our old house and it just kind of blends in to the wall. I'll live with it for a little while and change it if I still don't like it. One panel all done was only about $8! I still have another to make but I'm going to do that tonight. Edit: I have no idea if the picture is showing up but there is supposed to be a picture there.
    I like it! I have been thinking about doing a cornice board in my breakfast nook. I don't want to do curtains but I feel like the window needs something.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Why does that work?

Apparently when you go to a travel site, it stores your information so you always get different prices when you go back.  IDK why.  That's what google said when I google'd it. :-)

Apparently it recognizes your IP address. Amazon does the same crap.

• @tinyhumantoe‌, we made that thing today and it was amazing. Like really, really amazing. Nom.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nita2603 said:

@tinyhumantoe‌, we made that thing today and it was amazing. Like really, really amazing. Nom.

Yay! I ate way too many servings. It's amazing leftover too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • THT, how exciting! Here's to hoping for a speedy delivery. And soon.

And yes, that stuff was delicious, the leftovers were good and yes, I are way too much of it as well.
    OMG. So good.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"