Trying to Get Pregnant

Am I crazy?

So I was on birth control and I stopped it because I really want a baby, but everyone I tell say I'm crazy due to the fact that I'm only 18. But it has always been a dream of mine to have a kid. Am I really crazy?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Having a baby at 29, married, with jobs, and insurance was crazy hard.  Can't imagine doing it at 18.  When my baby was a newborn, eating breakfast, going to the bathroom, showering, AND putting on makeup, was unheard of.  And on the rare occasion that it DID all happen, was a triumph. The hospital bills kept coming and although a large percentage was covered, it was still expensive.  We got no sleep.  My DH and I fought a lot because we were figuring out our new life and were sleep deprived. Now that she's 1, keeping up with her is exhausting. She wants to do the opposite of everything I try to get her to do.  The mornigs are hectic and stressful getting out the door on time for work. 

When I was 18, I was getting ready for college.  I had the time of my life. I partied, dated guys, met my husband, partied more, went on trips before we got married.  Enjoy your life now and do the grown up things when you're a grown up.

Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• EricaOO said:

Having a baby at 29, married, with jobs, and insurance was crazy hard.  Can't imagine doing it at 18.  When my baby was a newborn, eating breakfast, going to the bathroom, showering, AND putting on makeup, was unheard of.  And on the rare occasion that it DID all happen, was a triumph. The hospital bills kept coming and although a large percentage was covered, it was still expensive.  We got no sleep.  My DH and I fought a lot because we were figuring out our new life and were sleep deprived. Now that she's 1, keeping up with her is exhausting. She wants to do the opposite of everything I try to get her to do.  The mornigs are hectic and stressful getting out the door on time for work. 

When I was 18, I was getting ready for college.  I had the time of my life. I partied, dated guys, met my husband, partied more, went on trips before we got married.  Enjoy your life now and do the grown up things when you're a grown up.

This.
  • EricaOO said:

Having a baby at 29, married, with jobs, and insurance was crazy hard.  Can't imagine doing it at 18.  When my baby was a newborn, eating breakfast, going to the bathroom, showering, AND putting on makeup, was unheard of.  And on the rare occasion that it DID all happen, was a triumph. The hospital bills kept coming and although a large percentage was covered, it was still expensive.  We got no sleep.  My DH and I fought a lot because we were figuring out our new life and were sleep deprived. Now that she's 1, keeping up with her is exhausting. She wants to do the opposite of everything I try to get her to do.  The mornigs are hectic and stressful getting out the door on time for work. 

All of this. ^^

I think it's crazy to TTC at 18.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• So I was on birth control and I stopped it because I really want a baby, but everyone I tell say I'm crazy due to the fact that I'm only 18. But it has always been a dream of mine to have a kid. Am I really crazy?
    Yes.
    The grass really is greener on the other side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"