October 2013 Moms

Are we assholes?

Okay ladies, not sure how to handle this...

We are having a Super Bowl party and we have about 12 people coming for sure already. A friend FB messaged me this morning and asked if one of our mutual "friends" could come because he's going to be in town. Normally we wouldn't have a problem with this at all and would have totally invited him if he didn't annoy the hell out of us.
He's obnoxious, annoying and seriously over the top about everything. He thought I was single when I first met him and my husband could swear he was in love with me. (I never thought so) Lol. He shows off with the 10 words he knows in Spanish and makes sure that all the attention is on him by showing off his scars on his body and whatnot. We never considered him a friend, but we were always nice and polite to him whenever we HAD to be around him.

I told my husband about the FB message because I wanted to get his input before I wrote back and he was pissed...first that they would ask to invite him and then that he would be here when he doesn't even like football.

We sucked it up and agreed that we should just say it's ok for him to come. I wrote my friend back and said " that's fine." she then wrote me back and said "so can you send him an official facebook invite....you know so he feels special?? Men!!!" My husband pretty much lost it after that and said "don't send him a FB invite...we didn't want him here to begin with and if we did we would have invited him to begin with. If it's not good enough that we said it was fine for him to come, then too bad for him." I feel bad for not writing back and am not sure how to handle this.

Just so you all know, my H gets along with everyone and tolerates everyone just fine...except for this guy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are we assholes?

• not assholes i would do the same thing. why beg him to come? worse case he doesnt feel special and doesnt show up....oh wellz!

Lol true! I guess the only reason I cared was because I didn't want to make it more awkward if he did show up. There goes a stress-free, good time! Some of our other guests can't stand him either and they don't even know that he might be coming. Ugh!

• I totally wouldn't send anything to him. Not an asshole! I mean you were trying to be nice but if nice isn't good enough then they can get over it.
  • Loading the player...
  • So my friend told him he could come and he just FB messaged me and said "aww I'm invited !!"
    Lol!
  • carawasacarawasa member
    edited January 2015
    I'm a bitch soooo... I wouldn't invite him. And he wanted a Facebook invite?

• Ahahahahaha! I watched this for about 5 minutes!!
  • Yeah - you're not an asshole.  I wouldn't have responded to the first message.  And then I would have lied... "Oh weird!  I never saw that message.  Sorry!"
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• You said he could come. That is good enough. Just say you forgot if asked about the invite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"