April 2014 Moms

lurker - question about highchair time & finger foods

Hi Ladies, I'm a super occasional poster on various boards here and I'm hoping you wouldn't mind offering your advice/experiences regarding your LO's eating habits. 

I had my second back in April with you ladies, and thankfully she is a great eater.  (My first was NOT a big eater, half a container of food here and there - still doesn't each much and prefers a mostly liquid milk diet at 3…).  Anyway, this little one seems to love everything and is doing great with finger foods.  It really seems though as long as I keep putting food in front of her, (black beans, little pasta, etc), she is happy to stay in her highchair seemingly indefinitely and slowly eat it.  My question is - for those of you who are giving your baby finger foods, how long does your little one stay in the highchair?  If I'm giving her a puree, it's easy, I just take her out when I'm done.  But if I give her the equivalent amount of finger food as I would a puree, it's like she'll be there until the next feeding!  Just curious about what your LO's do.  Thanks in advance for any responses.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lurker - question about highchair time & finger foods

• I give her whatever we're eating until she doesn't want anymore. She's usually the first and last one eating at each meal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C eats super slow but she loves finger food! If she is eating at the same time as me she eats as long as I'm eating. If I'm not eating I let her eat until she starts playing more than eating; as she could easily sit there for a very long time.
    At daycare she always finishes what I give her to eat; who knows how long she sits there for! She eats more there than at home so she's probably there at least 30 minutes unless she's faster there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to say 30-45 minutes or so, but it really depends. He's also the first to start and the last to finish. Sometimes I have to cut him off because we have things to do or places to be.
  • Thanks for your replies ladies, of course I can ask other moms IRL and the pedi as well, it's just a new thing for me with this baby so I was curious what other moms on this board do.

@Acers thanks for your response, I guess I was feeling a bit at a loss too.  It's not that she eats so much that she rejects bottles, she's definitely still primarily getting nutrition/calories from bottles.  It's more that she's happy to sit there and slowly munch on stuff for so long that I start to feel like it's time to change activities.  I feel guilty that I can actually get kitchen the floors washed, dishes done or laundry folded while she eats!  Thanks for your 30-45 minute guidelines too @kkaew816 and @Talltrees2.  I think that I've been feeling like 45 mins is where I think it seems like it's time to take her out too.  I guess I should try and keep a closer eye as to when her eating starts to slow down as @kkaew816 suggested.  
  • Vinny424 said:

Acers said:

Vinny424 said:

This is definitely a paid poster

Huh?
    TB has been using old profiles with people paid to post innocuous stuff just to keep the boards active. It's very apparent on ttgp
    That's crazy... How do you know they're paid?
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Lol @‌vinny424 - I'd love to get paid for posting on an Internet forum - sign me up!

I usually don't bother with responding to this sort of stuff but it made me smile. Sorry to disappoint your conspiracy theory on this one but it doesn't really matter either way I guess. All Internet strangers here.

Thanks anyway for the other responses ladies - I appreciate your input especially given I haven't posted on here since 1st trimester I don't think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"