Nurseries and Baby Gear

Recommendations on baby swings, please

I didn't know that registering from something as simple as a baby swing could be so overwhelming. I've been combing through tons of reviews on different sites and it seems like there's an issue with every one I come across so I thought it would probably be better to ask moms and expectant moms what their favorite baby swings are

A few things that I'm looking for is that it swings both ways-back and fourth and side to side, has an AC adapter, and preferably not too large because we live in a townhouse and space is limited.

TIA for your recommendations!

Re: Recommendations on baby swings, please

• My recommendation won't be much help give your space limitation. We've tried five different swings and still like the Fisher-Price cradle n swing best. Graco has one (the DuetConnect) that has a slightly smaller footprint, but has the side-to-side and front-to-back swinging action you want. We have it, as well, and it's ok. Just find it easier to get baby in and out of the FP. Still don't care for the Mamaroo because the swinging action is just too gentle. It does have a compact footprint though.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • My DD used the bright start swing and loved it (she used it at a friends place). It has the back to back, side and vibration options.
    We had a Graco swing (back and forth motion only) and unfortunately the motor died on us after using it for 2 weeks.
    We looked into the mamaroo but considering our DD is already 12lbs... we wanted something that would last longer.... so we got the Nuna Leaf. while it does not plug into anything and you have to give it an occasional push... it really is worth it for my daughter she likes the side to side motion more than anything else.
    It all depends on various of needs and preference.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just commented on another post, but we had the Fisher Price Snuggabunny and it lasted through four kids, and then the motor burned out. We would most likely purchase it again if we needed another swing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • We love our Fisher Price Cradle n Swing though it does not have an AC but it looks like they now have one that does. Great feature to have! I've had to hand rock baby while my husband changed the batteries to keep DS happy. There is a mirror at the top of mine with a mobile that spins around which baby was mesmerized by. It rocks both ways. I think it does take up a good amount of space as well but the legs do fold in when not in use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fisher Price and Graco probably are 2 brands to consider. We have the Fisher Price Cradle and swing with AC adapter and we have been very happy with it. We especially like the fact that it's pretty easy to remove the seat to wash.
  • I would also recommend a Fisher Price swing! We bought one at a consignment store that operates only on batteries, but as someone else mentioned, they sell them now with an AC adapter. My LO is almost 6 months old and has loved it since he was first big enough to sit in it. It doesn't fold up or anything, but we were living in a small apartment when we purchased it, and it didn't feel like it took up too much space.
  • We loved the Bright Starts Ingenunity swing that goes side to side and front to back.  It doesn't have an AC adapter, but it sips batteries and is super super quiet.  Unlike other swings, you cannot hear the motor or the swing even moving.
    The Fisher Price swings are known for motor burn outs, I would stay away from them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • ldmwldmw member
    Mamaroo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"