September 2012 Moms

Wish-it-was-the-weekend Wednesday

Tell me the good, the bad, the ugly.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wish-it-was-the-weekend Wednesday

• Good - My outfit is cute today. We have an office-wide meeting (~250 people) and I don't always get to see some of my work friends because they are on a different floor of our building - so today I get to socialize with them :)

Bad - Bickering with DH last night, only to have us all wake up late this morning. Trying to get out the door was an absolute shit show

Ugly - The condition of my messy house and the fact that I feel like I can never stay on top of it. Sigh.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Good- I absolutely love my A&P class (so far). I'm already learning so much, and that feels great. Also, we get to go home and visit for 4th of July. I've wanted to go home for the 4th since I moved here, so I'm super excited.

Bad- I won't get to take summer school because of the vacation. Never thought if think that was a bad thing! ;)

Ugly- my house is a disaster because two full days of school + weekend study group + at home studying = me caring even less about how my house looks
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Good-Jack graduated from speech therapy last night. He only went a total of 4 sessions to work correcting his /s/ sounds. Our therapist was so impressed with his progress & went on & on to DH about how smart he is. 

Bad-not bad-bad but my mom took off yesterday, today & tomorrow to "help" with the baby, me, etc.  yesterday we went to an OB appt to check my incision, Target, Stbx.  Then I got a no-chip mani & we grabbed lunch and came back here. We bummed around here until it was time to get the boys. It tired me out. 
    Shes on her way now and I'm not sure what we're going to do. I really want to put away my clean folded laundry, make banana muffins and take a nap but she's all chatty-Kathy and doesn't really cook or clean. So.....I'm at a loss. Think we may go to the mall. I need a few new nursing bras. 
    Tomorrow, we are taking Jack & Will to the children's museum. 

Ugly-I agree with @stasi.  My house is ugly. I need to sweep & vacuum. And put some piles of junk away. And I'm not supposed to be vacuuming per my dr. I mentioned aka subtle hints to DH this weekend and it didn't get done. Bummer that my mom can't do it either, as she is having hip problems and has been going to a chiropractor for a few weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good - This week has had awesome mornings, every day we've all been ready to go 10 minutes early so it's not utter chaos getting out the door.  Everyone is fed a good breakfast, vitamins, teeth brushed, etc. with 10ish minutes to spare.   Also, our contractor is finishing the walls to our master bedroom so I will be able to actually start decorating/shifting things around in all our bedrooms up there.

Bad - the painter has to come at 7am on Saturday to paint our master closet so that the Elfa system can be installed on Sunday. 7am on Saturday, ugh.  And we didn't opt for installation service, so my inlaws are coming over Sunday to put it up, which leads to me basically hosting a Super Bowl party in exchange for their services.  Not really bad, but I just didn't want to put together a spread and host a party, but I'm sure it will be fun and I'll be grateful to have my beautiful master walk in all set up and organized.

No real ugly....I spent $240 at Target last night??  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good:  I am working from home!  More comfortable & harder for calls to be transferred to me!

Bad:  The baby moved back up and the burning reflux is killing me.

Ugly:  Got my baby swing back from my brother.  Apparently my niece had a huge poop blowout on it and it never got laundered.  I don't think they knew it soaked through.

Other:  I am inclined to be a stubborn butthead to DH.  The last 3 weeks have sucked so bad and I haven't asked for a back rub once.  I asked last night and he was a total dick.  Then he tried to rub my back.  No, you can go ahead and get away dick.  He has this new sports blog he is on all the time and I'm going to throw the ipad out the fucking window.  My biggest problem with it is he used to give me back rubs when we'd watch tv, and now he has headphones on and has to hold the ipad, and I swear I have not had a back rub since that fucking blog came around.  I realize I sound like a whiny brat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Good: Welcome back donuts for students and staff today.  Good Morning apple fritter, I missed you!

Bad: I have to run to Wal-Mart during my lunch hour.  I hate running errands during my lunch hour.

Ugly:  My house.  It's a complete disaster from being sick last weekend.  It's at the point now where I'm overwhelmed with it and don't know where to start, so I'm going to just avoid it.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Good - we got out of the house 10 minutes early this morning.  That gave me plenty of time to spend finding and putting back on Aedan's socks and shoes in the car.  (Can you sense a theme this week!)

Also good, I made Brody's shirt for his party on Saturday and I'm super excited for all the little details.

Bad - I actually have a lot of work to do today.  :)

Ugly - I apparently shave my legs much less often then the rest of you ladies.  DH really did get a bad deal in the wife department.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Good- I splurged on some new nursing bras and I pink puffy heart love them!

Bad- one of DH's coworkers is getting a divorce and confided in DH, it has him really upset. 

Ugly- I'll jump on the messy house bandwagon, but more importantly my hair. It is a real shit show which is nuts because I got it cut about 6 months ago usually I go a year +. I guess I need to get on it this weekend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    No, @kelbel27, my H got the bad deal in the wife department.  He would have no clue about my leg shaving habits, because we stay on our own sides of the bed :D  That's way worse than hairy legs!  Hopefully alcohol will help us out in a few weeks haha

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Good: I had a dream the hot Aussie who makes my coffee at starbucks whisked me away on this amazing trip through Australia and NZ and saw and did all these amazing things. It seriously made me look at travel websites and then I almost died when I saw how expensive traveling can be!

Bad: I need to stop shopping all the time. I keep wasting money on stuff we don't need and target sucks me in everytime! Like I'll go for groceries and end up buying totally unnecessary stuff (how many throw pillows can you possibly need?!)

Ugly: I'm with @stasi on the house stuff. I wish I were good at organization but I'm just not. Our system is broken and our house looks like a toddlernado!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • I'm going to go out of order...

Bad: my adorable little baby decided he wanted to wake up at 4am and then again around 5:30...for the day.

Good: Nola has school today and Camden is taking a long nap, so I've been able to be lazy since dropping off Nola.

Ugly: I was going to take a shower before the kids woke up this morning since I hadn't showered since Satuday. With Camden waking up so early I wasn't able to, so I had to drop off Nola looking grungy and greasy. BUT, as per the good, I was able to shower after I put Camden down for a nap!!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good:  This morning was a little bit less of a "battle" with Lily in terms of her mood and wanting to go to daycare.  She was dancing and even said she wanted to go to daycare, which I hadn't heard in a few days.  Right when she woke up though she said "Keep mommy here" meaning she wanted me to stay in bed.  :) 

Bad:  Lily's mood is still off.  I don't know if I'm over-analyzing it or there's something really wrong.  I'm hoping it's just that she's still getting over her sickness from the weekend.  Also, I'm annoyed with my friends. 

Ugly:  Nothing really ugly going on. 
  • @tinyhumantoe your husband's time on that sports blog would be a good time for you to enjoy our antics on FB.....  just a thought....

We need to get a king size bed again, because DH and I are constantly fighting for the middle of the bed and there isn't much space left for the loser.  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Good: Drop off at DC consisted of 1 tear today instead of a face full.

Bad: I have to go pay our car insurance premium today. That's never fun.

Ugly: My eating habits.are.awful. I really need to start eating better. Surprisingly my house is pretty clean, except my utility room. That looks like Christmas threw up in there. I haven't put any decor really away, I just pile it in there. That's my job Saturday.

• Good - Yesterday i purchased (online) what i hope to be a very comfortable hooded sweatshirt (.  I am all about hibernation this time of year and a wardrobe that supports it :)

the bad - i have a meeting at lunch time and its a teleconference.  in the meeting invite the meeting organizer puts "I'll leave a lunch ticket at the counter for company XYZ attendee"  Well that is great, however you should not put that in an email to your client whom you set up a meeting with AT LUNCHTIME.  I already do not care for this company's lack of regard for the client' time but seriously..

the ugly - our house is also a mess, it seems the clutter is never ending..... and we are having a super bowl party.  Plus because of what they were calling a super snow storm that turned into a dud we canceled our cleaning lady on Monday night.  there is no hope.  It will turn into what we call speed cleaning when DH and I run around like chickens with our heads cut off and stuff things in closets on Saturday :)
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • @tinyhumantoe your husband's time on that sports blog would be a good time for you to enjoy our antics on FB.....  just a thought....

We need to get a king size bed again, because DH and I are constantly fighting for the middle of the bed and there isn't much space left for the loser.  
    We placed our order for our king size bed today. :-)  I can't even wait to not have my DH breathing on me during the night.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Good: My newest nephew, Jack, was born Monday and they are all heading home today. He is so perfect.

Bad: DH left for a trip today and won't be home until Saturday afternoon. I hate when his trips bleed over to the weekends.

Ugly: I cleaned out James' dresser and closet (good) but just piled up all the clothes in Leo's room so his room is scary right now. I just shut the door.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

We placed our order for our king size bed today. :-)  I can't even wait to not have my DH breathing on me during the night.
    Color me jealous!  We had grand plans of using Christmas money and a little that we had saved specifically to buy a new bedroom set.  Obviously that didn't happen so we are cuddling it up on a queen for now.  DH has a CPAP so I get cold air blown on me all night, it gets cold!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Good:  Yesterday turned out to be a really nice, relaxing family day.  Even though Ethan was a little sick in the morning, he perked up in the afternoon and the kids got to play outside, watch movies and play.  Meanwhile DH and I got to have lunch together and get some things done in the house without feeling rushed.

Bad:  I woke up with a migraine this morning and the medicine is not helping.  I'm hoping the second dose at lunchtime will do the trick.

Ugly:  My situation with my brother is getting ugly.  I won't bum everyone out, but it's seriously taking a turn for the worse.
  • I bought a Groupon for a new iPhone case and decided to do a picture one. Now I can't decide what photo to use. I have so many on my computer so I was looking through old ones. OMG Bennett was such a chunk. I love all of his rolls and I'm pretty sure I could eat him with a spoon.

• @AKB090609‌
    Talk to me about the fabulous nursing bras!!!
    I had 2 Bravado ones that I wore exclusively for nursing & pumping with Jack, then Will. I replaced one for this time but wanted to see what else was/is out there too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have another ugly! My body, it's sad. I ordered the 30 Day Shred for Beginners on Amazon this morning. I need to get my saggy ass into shape. I have a lot of weddings to attend this year!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • @jenndub thanks, I just peed my pants reading about your H

• I just at a jimmy johns sandwich and now I'm like, "Ok, what's next?"

Pretty sure a 600+ cal sandwich shouldn't be viewed as an appetizer.

• I just at a jimmy johns sandwich and now I'm like, "Ok, what's next?"

Pretty sure a 600+ cal sandwich shouldn't be viewed as an appetizer.
    Uh, it's an appetizer to a pregnant woman!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @hmp1 I thought he found it "dead."  I wonder how much time passed between him finding the cat and the burial.  It may have completely appeared dead (it probably got knocked out).  I have an irrational fear of burying something alive, so I always check for a heartbeat one zillion times and wait at least a day before digging a hole.

• @hmp1 I thought he found it "dead."  I wonder how much time passed between him finding the cat and the burial.  It may have completely appeared dead (it probably got knocked out).  I have an irrational fear of burying something alive, so I always check for a heartbeat one zillion times and wait at least a day before digging a hole.
    I couldn't really tell from the story the timeline of when he found it vs when it was hit. He said he found him lifeless in a pool of blood. And the neighbor came over and buried it for him because the owner was so upset. But the cat is having surgery now, so yeah, it wasn't dead.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm going to do another to go along with the theme:

Good - I'm eating a really decadent cookie right now.  
    Bad - My boss is being really impatient for something someone on my team is working on.  He can't work any faster.  I told her that Aedan is more patient than she is.  At least she knows it.
    Ugly - There are probably a million calories in this cookie.  I've been doing really well with sweets too.  At least I had a salad for lunch?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• hmp1 said:
    @hmp1 I thought he found it "dead."  I wonder how much time passed between him finding the cat and the burial.  It may have completely appeared dead (it probably got knocked out).  I have an irrational fear of burying something alive, so I always check for a heartbeat one zillion times and wait at least a day before digging a hole.
    I couldn't really tell from the story the timeline of when he found it vs when it was hit. He said he found him lifeless in a pool of blood. And the neighbor came over and buried it for him because the owner was so upset. But the cat is having surgery now, so yeah, it wasn't dead.
    That's crazy!  Honestly, I will take all animals to the vet anyway because I don't want a pet cemetery in my yard.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• The Good: DD is finally napping and I got bread dough started and two doors primed to paint later.

The Bad: We're home because she's sick and she's in such a testy, pissy mood. I get that she doesn't feel well, but eff me.

The Ugly: Just found out that a friend of ours is uber-ant-vax.  I get her mindset--her daughter had a serious reaction to MMR, but instead of having a "hey, we should research this stuff more and maybe delay vaccines and have better protocol for preventing reactions" she's all "I WILL NEVER VACCINATE AND YOU SHOULD NOT EITHER!"  Her logic is so irrational..."I watched my child stop breathing from a vaccine, and if you saw that..." Yeah, people watched their children stop breathing from measles, too.  Just saying.  But I can't say any of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"