November 2014 Moms

Last feeding of the night ?

jay221jay221 member
edited January 2015 in November 2014 Moms
My baby is 9 wks old and is sleeping longer during the night (which is good since I will be going back to work soon) his last bottle is around 10:30/11 and he doesn't wake up until 4:30/5. I was wondering if anyone else experiences the same.

Re: Last feeding of the night ?

• My lil lad is 12 weeks and has his last bottle between 9 and 10pm and sleeps to 8am. At the same age as your little one he was exactly the same. So keep it like that and fingers crossed it won't be long before you're getting a full nights sleep :) x
  • Loading the player...
  • At 9 weeks LO took last bottle/went to bed between 12-1a and woke up for first bottle between 8-10a. Now she's 12 weeks and started going to bed a little earlier around 10:30-11p and wakes up same time as before between 8-10a. Randomly one or two nights a week (like today) she'll wake in the MOTN for a small bottle and go right back to sleep.
  • My LO wakes often too through the night and is 11 weeks old. Don't want to hear how good your baby sleeps. Lol. Sorry. Not sorry.
  • At 9 weeks we're waking up every 2 hours. I hope it's just a growth spurt and I can go back to 3 hours. But was the question "what time do you feed your baby before 'bed?'" Because that would be anywhere between 8-10.
  • @Jatpa003‌
    Jatpa003 said:

F all of you my LO is still up every 3hrs and is 12 weeks old. Screw this maybe Dicks mom can help me?

Just as a suggestion: if you are breast feeding you could see if he would be willing to take formula before bed. It's sits heavier and sometimes it helps them sleep longer. Also my dr said to start cutting feedings short at night so they realize they don't need to eat all night. Slowly cut feedings shorter and shorter. Also is they baby al the way awake? My baby wakes me at night with his noises but isn't really awake. He fusses (not cries) and then goes back to sleep on his own. Hope maybe some of this helps.
  • My baby I forgot to mention goes to sleep at 11 or 12 and wakes at 4 or 5. Sometimes 6 if I'm lucky. I'm trying to inch him in 15 increments to sleep earlier since my husband goes to sleep early and gets up at 4 anyway. But despite my efforts there's still those occasional nights(2 a week) where he wakes up every 3 hours.
  • My baby's schedule is similar to your baby's too . His last feeding is around 11 pm and he wakes up around 4 am.
  • LOL , nope no BS here. Of course there are those nights when he's waking up every 3 hours when he's going through a growth spurt but for the most part, he's sleeping great. :)) I think because he knows that mommy needs her energy to run around after big brother who's 3 years old!
  • My 12 week old has last feeding at 9:30pm and usually doesn't wake until 5:00am
  • vmain said:

@Jatpa003‌

Jatpa003 said:

F all of you my LO is still up every 3hrs and is 12 weeks old. Screw this maybe Dicks mom can help me?

Just as a suggestion: if you are breast feeding you could see if he would be willing to take formula before bed. It's sits heavier and sometimes it helps them sleep longer. Also my dr said to start cutting feedings short at night so they realize they don't need to eat all night. Slowly cut feedings shorter and shorter. Also is they baby al the way awake? My baby wakes me at night with his noises but isn't really awake. He fusses (not cries) and then goes back to sleep on his own. Hope maybe some of this helps.
    That's all terrible advice! I'm not trying to be rude. But if you are breastfeeding there's no reason to give formula, unless you need to (or choose to) in order to have enough food. Not to make LO sleep longer. And babies this age need to eat throughout the night. If your baby is hungry, then feed it!

I'm all for sleep training, just not this young!
  • Well I'll have to admit I am a first time mom. My baby was beg supplemented anyhow so it worked out to give him more before bed. I just know that sometimes when moms become tired, stressed, and desperate for some sleep that sometimes weird ideas just may help. And while I'm not the biggest fan of my babies pediatrician I swear she said to cut the night feeding shorter (Not all of them). I do feed him during the night And I respond quickly. he never even cries. I hear his hungry wimper and I'm up. I do love a chunky, happy, healthy baby and wouldn't intentionally starve him. Sorry if that was bad advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"