December 2014 Moms

"Purple crying"

My lo is 7 wk 5 days old and there are times at night where he will scream and cry for at least two hours straight. We've tried everything from rocking him to giving him a bath. I know it's not gas because he's a good burper and he had quite the appetite. Has anyone experienced this, and if they have- any techniques on how to deal?

Re: "Purple crying"

• My LO is 7 weeks 2 days and we have the same problem. She just screams in the evening. We try taking her in a dark room to bring down the stimulation. Sometimes it works, most of the time I'm just counting down the minutes until the next feed (the only time she is quiet). I've heard it is a stage and will improve.
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you! I hope it does:( we live in an apartment with very thin walls. I'm honestly surprised my neighbors haven't left a flaming pile of dog poo on my door yet
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is only 5 wks 5 days and he does the same thing. It's really frustrating. He had cried for two hours straight Monday night and I went in crying to wake up my husband because I felt soooo defeated. As soon as my husband picked him up he stopped. So although I have no advice know that you are not alone in this battle.

"It too will pass".
  • A classic "witching hour"'(that rarely only lasts an hour). Look it up as well as the 5 S's . They work about 80% of the time for us. Lower the stimulation. I use lavender essential oil on the bottoms of LO feet. White noise. Skin to skin. Soft music. All things we do. Sometimes none work. Sometimes the first thing I try does. Just be consistent, don't get angry, and have your DH take shifts with you. It won't last forever. But it's hard going through it. Hang in there mama!
  • Have you tried white noise? A lot of moms swear by it.
  • Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the encouraging words and advice! I have tried white noise but he goes quiet about two seconds and then suddenly remembers he is supposed to be angry. I haven't tried the lavender oil but I definately will next time! I hope all our little ones get past their difficult times, whatever that may be and hopefully we can use those memories of shattered ear drums and fussiness as forms of emotional blackmail to get them to throw out the garbage 16 years from now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"