November 2014 Moms
Options

Startle reflex

Has your LO outgrown the startle reflex yet? If not what are you doing to prevent them from startling when you put them down besides swaddling and hand on the chest?

Re: Startle reflex

• Options
    I hold his arms into his chest while I am transferring. Doesn't work every time, but seems to help
  • Options
    Nope 11 weeks and it's still pretty strong... We just swaddle but he's starting to hate that. Ugh don't know what else to do...
    My Blog
    Hubby. 44   Wifey. 36 - Unexplained IF Finally diagnosed with Stage 3 endo and a busted left tube.
    10/11-4/12 Natural cycles BFN
    5/12-6/13 - 9 IUI's + 1 hospital stay for "PID" infection from IUI. All BFN
    8/13 - IVF #1, 14 eggs, 12 fertilized.... 2 blasts transferred Day 5, 5 frozen. BFN
    9/13 - Hysteroscopy, cleaned out some small polyps
    10/13 - FET #1, 2 blasts transferred, Day 5 - BFN :(
    12/13 - Diagnostic laparoscopy, found Stage 3 Endo and non-functioning left fallopian tube which they clipped.
    Finally a diagnosis!
    2/14 - FET #2, 2 blasts transferred, the last 2. Hoping this is it!
    3/11 First BFP ever! Beta 1=160
    It's twins!
    7 weeks - vanishing twin syndrome, 1 baby left.
    Our take home miracle arrived 11/8/14 via C-section, Nicholas Gary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pips is 11 weeks also and still spooks at random things, especially noises. If I know a head of time that there's going to be a loud noise, like someone knocking on the door and the dogs loosing their minds, then I will put a hand over each ear to allow her to sleep through the commotion. Other than that, I just keep a paci handy in case she needs soothing after being startled.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"