November 2014 Moms

Filling your days

Not sure how many of you that are left are still on maternity leave. I am half way through, and have been trying to go out Into the community every day. The hospital I delivered at has breastfeeding support groups, new parent groups, and new mom coffees weekly. What are you all doing? When I'm home all day, I get a little stir crazy and find myself watching hours and hours of mindless tv. Too cold for walks!

Re: Filling your days

• I try to get out of the house once a day - either target or the mall. I have 2 more months and I don't want to waste it!
  • Are you crafty? Do you have any interests? You could pick up a hobby or try exercising at home.
    I have a 17 month old DS so I stay pretty busy. We're just getting over RSV and still confined to the house. I've started to get a little crazy! To beat cabin fever I've started reorganizing/purging my house. It's been therapeutic!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a SAHM and I find myself wondering the same thing... I feel guilty because I get a little bored....my hubby is off making the money and working super hard I find myself trying to stay busy..my house literally couldn't be cleaner. I am super crafty buuuuuttt Amalia isn't much of a napper and gets bored easy (I guess she gets that fro me ;) ) so I find myself moving her from toys  to swing to my arms...
  • I'm impressed anyone has time to fill! When DS is awake, he keeps me busy. We are feeding, changing, playing or I'm holding him. He doesn't handle laying down or playing alone yet. During his naps I shower, pump, eat and wash bottles. Rarely does he nap long enough to spend more than a few minutes cleaning. Every afternoon I bundle him up and go for a walk. We live in nyc so we walk to everything. This is the time where I run any errands necessary like grocery shopping. If no errands, I walk 2-3 miles for exercise and just to get out of the house. He sleeps the entire time he is being walked for whatever reason. It's the longest nap of the day.

Around 7-730 I bathe him, put him into pjs, feed and rock to sleep. Then I cook dinner and eat- hopefully by 9pm. Dishes, bottles, pump, and crash into bed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Can you send me some of your extra hours? They are in short supply at my house. :!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"