December 2014 Moms
Options

poop question

Hey ladies, i asked this in another board but didnt get much replys...
My LO is 7 weeks old, and he has poop is weird to me. He is now on similac sensitive, and he doesn't poop everyday. Which i understand can be normal. He isnt in any pain, but when he does go 90% of the time we have to help him go but holding his legs to his chest. He has gone on his own a few times. But when he does go, its watery green. Like diaharea. Shouldnt he be able to go on his own by now, and not be green watery? I asked my doctor and she seems to be happy saying as long as he is going and not in any pain, he is ok. But i cant help but be concerned. What are your thoughts?

Re: poop question

• Options
    I would get a second opinion. I don't think it's normal that you have to help him go unless he would on his own and you are just being paranoid. That sounds like constipation. It's one thing to move his legs or put him in various positions to help him relieve gas pressure but to actually help him poop. You know your baby's poops better than anyone and should trust your instincts.
  • Options
    Were having poop problems as well, as in no poop for SEVEN DAYS! Needless to say we have a doc appt tomorrow...same thing though, no pain, but concerning nonetheless!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw let me no what they say. I called the doctor and she told me its normal. But i just dont understand how they dont go for so long or when they do go, its green watery. So im thinking on getting a second doctors point of view on it.
  • Options
    Baby used to have yellow seedy poop. After I started supplementing with formula, she didn't go for three days. And then it was dark yellow and creamy, like French's mustard. Now she does that every other day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Were having poop problems as well, as in no poop for SEVEN DAYS! Needless to say we have a doc appt tomorrow...same thing though, no pain, but concerning nonetheless!

Have you tried using a q-tip dipped in olive oil? That's something they showed me how to do at our 1 month check up. If LO doesn't go within 24 hours they suggested sticking the qtip in gently and massaging with it until LO goes.

I haven't had to do that yet. If he's gassy I usually do some massages and little bicycle kicks until he passes.
  • Options
    MommyMoru said:

Have you tried using a q-tip dipped in olive oil? That's something they showed me how to do at our 1 month check up. If LO doesn't go within 24 hours they suggested sticking the qtip in gently and massaging with it until LO goes.

I haven't had to do that yet. If he's gassy I usually do some massages and little bicycle kicks until he passes.
    Doing this after only 24 hours seems to be excessive. My DS was a reliable every other day pooper the first few months and there wasn't any problems. I don't think manual stimulation is necessary unless it's been more like a week (like PP) or baby is straining with no poop or gas coming out.

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    jjgypsyjjgypsy member
    edited February 2015
    I'm wondering if you're giving him time to poo on his own. Babies are still developing & learning to use their muscles. When my son goes it can take 5-10 minutes or so for him to finish. I don't have experience with the formula you listed but the other person above said green is normal due to the increased iron, so to me that's reassuring. As for not going for days my pediatrician said baby is not constipated unless when they do go it's little hard balls. If baby hasn't gone & seems uncomfortable, my pediatrician recommends 1Tbl. Spoon of dark karo syrup added to their bottle. Let us know what you figure out.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did the manual stimulation when she was on a 4 day marathon...worked like a (messy) charm. The 7 day streak ended an HOUR prior to taking her in for an appt, I was so pleased since I'm terrified of taking her to the doc office with RSV, measles etc....
  • Options
    We switched him back to the blue similac, and he is pooping like a champ. We dont have to help him anymore. I dont know if it was a phase or what, he poops one or two times a day, by himself, and its normal poop not water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"