Infertility

Progesterone low at FET! Help!

Hi Ladies, so I went for my transfer today, which went well. But my nurse called me back this evening with my blood work results saying that my progesterone was a little low. They will repeat blood work tomorrow and if it is still low I will start taking PIO shots. 
Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you know if it affects implantation or pregnancy outcomes? I am worried that this cycle is ruined!

Re: Progesterone low at FET! Help!

• Are you doing a natural cycle? I've always used PIO and delestrogen.
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • No I was on 2 tabs of endometrin 3x a day four days before transfer. I am still on it and they added PIO to it today. At transfer my progesterone level was at 6.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm doing a FET next week and i'm starting PIO this weekend.  I've been taking estradiol and lupron. The Lupron stops when the PIO starts but I continue the estradiol.

• <warning - bfp mentioned>

I've actually never experienced or even heard of a transfer where you didn't start PIO or a suppository several days beforehand. That said, even with my PIO I had low progesterone the day of the transfer and we immediately doubled the dose. I ended up with a BFP and successful pregnancy on that round. 

If they thought it was dangerously low they wouldn't re-run the bloodwork, they'd just have you start the PIO immediately. And if it makes you feel better, almost all of the studies are inconclusive on whethre the progesterone matters or not. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• I'm sorry I can't help much, I just know that your progesterone needs to be around like 20, but women can and do get pregnant with lower levels. I hope the progesterone in oil helps.
  • Thanks ladies, It went up to 40 last week so I am in the clear for now!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"