High-Risk Pregnancy

Amniotic Band

hey guys, there was a small amniotic band at my 16 wks ultrasound today. Baby is not affected by it at this time. I was wondering who all had experience with amniotic bands/amniotic band syndrome and how things turned out? I am interested in how often the band is benign vs causes a problem, and if there is a problem, what those usually are? I don't want to google it; I already started to and it brought up cleft palate, which my last baby who passed away had, so I don't even want to look at dr Google right now. Just want to hear other stories and what your docs told you about it. Thanks

Re: Amniotic Band

• Hey! If the baby is not affected by it thats good! I have one and Im 21.4 weeks and baby is not affected by it as well. I have had previous D&C´s due to loss so thats probably the cause. Its better if time goes by because babies grow and the form completely and they even get strong enough to tear the bands .. My last loss was supposedly due to amniotic bands.. Im currently on baby aspirin and blood thinners.. Hugs.
  • Hey! If the baby is not affected by it thats good! I have one and Im 21.4 weeks and baby is not affected by it as well. I have had previous D&C´s due to loss so thats probably the cause. Its better if time goes by because babies grow and the form completely and they even get strong enough to tear the bands .. My last loss was supposedly due to amniotic bands.. Im currently on baby aspirin and blood thinners.. Hugs.

Thank you for the reply! So do you just have one band? I'm confused as to if there is usually one or several. The one they saw isn't affecting baby, but in the back of my mind I worry there are more they didn't see at my early scan (16w).
    Do the aspirin and blood thinners have to do with the amniotic band? I have MTHFR but am not on meds due to good homocystiene levels.
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^ also how often are you going for scans to check the band?
  • Hi-- is this post still active?? I am 24 weeks pg with an amniotic band, too.. So nerve-wrecking. It's still floating around and baby hasnt made contact.. Just so nervous. I am being monitored by high-risk team.. 
    Let's be in touchj..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"