Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Poop Question

Hey ladies,
My LO is 7 weeks old, and he has poop is weird to me. He is now on similac sensitive, and he doesn't poop everyday. Which i understand can be normal. He isnt in any pain, but when he does go 90% of the time we have to help him go but holding his legs to his chest. But when he does go, its watery green. Like diaharea. Shouldnt he be able to go on his own by now, and not be green watery? I ask my doctor and she seems to be happy saying as long as he is going he is ok. But i cant help but be concerned. What are your thoughts?

Re: Poop Question

• Options
    Yeah, i mean he has gone before on his own but most of the time we lay him on his back and hold his legs to his belly and he goes. The watery poop is what really concerns me. I am going to call in the morning, just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were. Thanks! :-)
  • Options
    It may be different since I'm breast feeding but I was told that green watery poop means that baby isn't getting enough fatty milk (from draining the breast). Maybe whatever proportions of fat, protein, etc of that brand aren't working for your LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"