September 2012 Moms

Re: TUESDAY yo!

• AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited January 2015
    Quinn was up 5 freaking times last night. WTF? I swear every time she wears this certain pair of pajamas she sleeps like shit. I'm throwing them out.

My BFF's family owns a carpet store and I'm going to see her today so she can make a rug out of carpet for our living room. Our rug looks so dirty and I just want something clean. Since the rug will be one color, I told my H we need to get curtains to add some color. He doesn't want to spend the money. Too bad my man. We will have some curtains in the next couple of weeks. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so disappointed and confused about my morning. 

I stayed at my parents house last night bc mom is watching W; it's 10 min from work.  I talked to mom last night about how I wanted to get to the office before 7.

Up at 6, started car at 630, then I hear "mommy, mommy, mommy."  Ugh.  So I kind of wait it out to see if my mom is going to get up and get her.  At this point W is pretty hysterical, so I go up and change her.  We go down the hall and my mom's door is locked.  Hmm.  I knocked, no answer.

So I got W ready for the day purposely making noise.  No dice.  Took her down and made her eggs.  Still no grandma.  So I texted my mom, she said she'd be down in a minute.  Long story short, my mom kept her bedroom door locked and took a 30 minute fucking bath!  I am so embarrassed to admit how long the truck was running, I should have shut it off.  I didn't get to work until 8:30.  DH doesn't want to hear it because he told me things never work out with my mom.  I know things never work out with my mom, but what other choice did we have?  I guess you're not allowed to be frustrated if you know your mom is a total flake. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Also, my tailbone STILL HURTS.  Seriously.  It's been 17 days.  Come on already.  How long does it take for a bruised bone to stop hurting?  This is ridiculous.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited January 2015
    @BeebopandBuddy‌ Yay for a snow day but booooo that Ethan isn't feeling well. Hopefully it was a one time thing and he feels better! 

@MarisaKathleen‌ Sometimes I get so annoyed with those radio shows. I just can't handle the stupidity and people getting all worked up. thank goodness for iTunes radio and pandora in the car. I'd rather listen to a commercial!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh @beebopandbuddy throw up is the worst. Hope he feels better.

We're dealing with snot upon snot upon snot at our house. B is so stuffed up. I'm not sure what else I can do. He's got Vick's on his chest and feet. Plus the humidifer in his room has Vick's tabs we can put in. I've sucked his nose with the nosefrida when I can and we're trying to stay away from dairy.

I stayed at my parents house last night bc mom is watching W; it's 10 min from work.  I talked to mom last night about how I wanted to get to the office before 7.

Up at 6, started car at 630, then I hear "mommy, mommy, mommy."  Ugh.  So I kind of wait it out to see if my mom is going to get up and get her.  At this point W is pretty hysterical, so I go up and change her.  We go down the hall and my mom's door is locked.  Hmm.  I knocked, no answer.

So I got W ready for the day purposely making noise.  No dice.  Took her down and made her eggs.  Still no grandma.  So I texted my mom, she said she'd be down in a minute.  Long story short, my mom kept her bedroom door locked and took a 30 minute fucking bath!  I am so embarrassed to admit how long the truck was running, I should have shut it off.  I didn't get to work until 8:30.  DH doesn't want to hear it because he told me things never work out with my mom.  I know things never work out with my mom, but what other choice did we have?  I guess you're not allowed to be frustrated if you know your mom is a total flake. 

I would be super mad. My mom always says she will help and then flakes out. It's so frustrating. I have no advice. I have pretty much stopped asking her for help.
  • There's a segment on the radio show I listen to in the morning called Judge Geno and people write in with crap and then the audience and hosts comment and "solve" the problem.  Lady wrote in...she asked a co-worker out last year, he said no because he thought it wasn't good to date someone at work, now she's lost 35lbs he asked her to go to dinner and she thinks it's just because she lost weight.

All these angry women are calling in talking about inner beauty and how men aren't interested in the real her and blah blah blah.  One dude called in and was like "yea.  he likes thin women.  why is there something wrong with that?!"  I'm hysterical over here.  
    My favorite radio show does this too.  I think it's fake most of the time.  This morning it was a bridesmaid who doesn't want to go to the wedding anymore, because she realized the wedding is on Super Bowl Sunday.  That sounds unbelievable to me.  If stuff like that happens in people's lives, I have to thank my lucky stars I don't have any ridiculous friends like that. 

Lily hasn't wanted to go to daycare the last couple days, which is very weird for her.  I don't know if she's still trying to get over her sickness this weekend and is extra clingy?  I checked in via text yesterday and she was having a great day, so I hope the same is true today. 
  • I'm here in "never ever going to snow this year" land. I want at least one good snow, especially since I got Nola a snow coat on crazy clearance recently! At least it's sunny and not terribly cold!

We're just hanging around until it's time to leave for the Y. I should start getting ready since apparently it takes forever to walk out of the house!

Anniversary

• PSA: RUUM.com has everything 80% off.  There isn't a ton of stuff left, but I found quite a few 4y things to stock up on for next year. :-)  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @tinyhumantoe - Sorry your mom is being a flake.  I would be so annoyed.  My Mom has her problems, but only I'm allowed to complain about it.  When DH complains too much I usually yell at him about it.  He is only allowed to be supportive.  It's very hypocritical, but it's my rules.  :)

@beebopandbuddy - Sorry little guy isn't feeling well!  Hoping it passes quickly so you guys can enjoy your snow day.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I'm home from work. Everything here is closed, and I didn't want to risk the drive in so I called out. So far there isn't too much snow, but it is getting pretty windy. Since DH works from home, he is still working.

DS and I have been having a good morning so far. We made cookies, and coloured. Now he is playing/reading to himself while we want kid appropriate music videos.
  • Yeah @dimples12 you've made it! I felt the same my last day of work. Then he came the next day whomp, whomp! Ha

So we're switching insurance companies for our home/auto this year. I'm still baffled. By upgrading my car from a 2007 to a 2011 we're saving $200. Also in total we're saving $683 a year. I'm kind of in shock and already knew insurance was highway robbery. This just proves it.

• dimples12 said:
    CJ is in daycare and I'm free! #theend ;) I'm planning to organize the attic. I just want to donate all things. Kid inventory is no joke.
    Woohoo!  You're better than I am.  I would take a nap, read a book, watch daytime TV...  hope your little one arrives soon though!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• kelbel527 said:
    @tinyhumantoe - Sorry your mom is being a flake.  I would be so annoyed.  My Mom has her problems, but only I'm allowed to complain about it.  When DH complains too much I usually yell at him about it.  He is only allowed to be supportive.  It's very hypocritical, but it's my rules.
    This made me LOL!  This sounds about right, but sometimes I wish DH would complain.  He never complains about anything, just gives me wide eyes as to say, "I hope it's not genetic."

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Oh man @tinyhumantoe, I feel you.  Everytime my family "helps" they don't help, they make things worse.  We try really hard not to count on them for much other than occassional date night baby sitting and even then we have to pad the time for them to show because it's always something - traffic was SO bad, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We sit at tables with dividers at work - like the library.  So people are VERY close. The woman next to me eats ALL DAY LONG.  She claims she doesn't eat at night when she gets home so she just eats all day here.  She's older and I hear her breathing hard and chewing/crunching all day long.  Guess who has to start wearing headphones all day now?  And guess who is so grossed out by non stop crap food eating that she is even more motivated to lose these last 10 pounds??  Mmmmmhmmmm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• dimples12 said:
    @pokedot we switched in December and I felt like I made money. The savings were incredulous. Geico tried to keep us and I laughed at them because I felt robbed. Congrats!
    Okay, so I was looking at Dave Ramsey's website the other day and one of his big money savings suggestions is to switch insurance companies to save money.  I am so unsure of doing this.  Someone give me advice please?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• shiggybop said:
    Anthony has a double ear infection and a nasty cough. Cameron has an ear infection on the left along with the same nasty cough. I don't know that I have slept in about 4 nights. On the positive side, my vinyl floors were delivered this morning and will be installed Thursday. Goodbye nasty carpet! What are your kids' favorite Netflix movies and shows? I'm trying to keep Anthony kind of calm today so he can rest and recuperate. I'm tired of his current picks.
    @shiggybop there is a netflix original series about Puss in Boots that Luci is LOVING.  It doesn't bother me that much, so I call it a win.  We have also been watching some of the old disney cartoons that they have.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• dimples12 said:
    @pokedot we switched in December and I felt like I made money. The savings were incredulous. Geico tried to keep us and I laughed at them because I felt robbed. Congrats!
    Okay, so I was looking at Dave Ramsey's website the other day and one of his big money savings suggestions is to switch insurance companies to save money.  I am so unsure of doing this.  Someone give me advice please?
    We do it every year. I have the company we go through rerun our premiums and check other places as well matching exactly what our coverage is. The last couple of years it didn't make sense, this year for some reason it'll save us a butt load. It's very easy to do. We're a smaller town so we only have a few places to check but it paid off this year. If the coverage is the same and the premium is less it's a no brainer.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    PSA: RUUM.com has everything 80% off.  There isn't a ton of stuff left, but I found quite a few 4y things to stock up on for next year. :-)  
    WELCOME15 for an extra 15% and ebates! I am so sad that a really cute sweater jumped out of my card while I ran to get my credit card. Damn RUMM for not having Paypal! I did get 2 pairs of my fav jeans for James.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• We went to the zoo yesterday, it was 46 degrees and felt wonderful! I feel like I missed a lot, so now I'm trying to catch up.

VENT:
    As bad as I feel for all of you who have child care issues, I'm still jealous that you have options. My mother sent me an article about how grandparents who babysit are less likely to develop Alzheimer's all I said to her was 'I think they are simply showing a correlation not causation' really what I thought is people don't let grandparents with early symptoms of the disease babysit. We can't trust my mom to be honest about what goes on if she is alone with the kids and my inlaws have proven they can't respect our wishes with a baby. Add to that DH having an issue with every single babysitter I interview. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1 said:
    PSA: RUUM.com has everything 80% off.  There isn't a ton of stuff left, but I found quite a few 4y things to stock up on for next year. :-)  
    WELCOME15 for an extra 15% and ebates! I am so sad that a really cute sweater jumped out of my card while I ran to get my credit card. Damn RUMM for not having Paypal! I did get 2 pairs of my fav jeans for James.
    What are your fav jeans? I don't think B is as slender as Leo or James but I'm always up for some suggestions. Poor kid has short legs and a long torso. Pants are a bit hard for him.

• Pokedot said:
    dimples12 said:
    We do it every year. I have the company we go through rerun our premiums and check other places as well matching exactly what our coverage is. The last couple of years it didn't make sense, this year for some reason it'll save us a butt load. It's very easy to do. We're a smaller town so we only have a few places to check but it paid off this year. If the coverage is the same and the premium is less it's a no brainer.
    Have a copy of your declarations page. Call and read off your EXACT coverages first (or email them a scan or go in to the office). Once you see an exact price comparison, ask them if they recommend anywhere to cut back more. 

Just an FYI, most insurance companies now need to run credit reports to get an accurate quote. They don't usually see anything, just get a number from 1 - 10 (just an example) and that goes into your rating. This is with the assumption that people on the lower end are more likely to not pay. So if you are shopping around, do it all in a short window so the dings to your credit report all count as one.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • shiggybop said:
    Anthony has a double ear infection and a nasty cough. Cameron has an ear infection on the left along with the same nasty cough. I don't know that I have slept in about 4 nights. On the positive side, my vinyl floors were delivered this morning and will be installed Thursday. Goodbye nasty carpet! What are your kids' favorite Netflix movies and shows? I'm trying to keep Anthony kind of calm today so he can rest and recuperate. I'm tired of his current picks.
    Both my kids love Mighty Machines. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• dimples12 said:
    Call around, get some quotes.  Ask for recommendations from friends and family if there are local agents that are better than others.  We usually can reduce our costs by switching.  Once our new house is finished, I plan on calling around (aka making DH call around since this is his "chore" in our house) to get the best quote on homeowners + car insurance.  The last time we did this, our homeowners went up but it was more than offset by our car insurance dropping so much more.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• AKB090609 said:
    We went to the zoo yesterday, it was 46 degrees and felt wonderful! I feel like I missed a lot, so now I'm trying to catch up.

VENT:
    As bad as I feel for all of you who have child care issues, I'm still jealous that you have options. My mother sent me an article about how grandparents who babysit are less likely to develop Alzheimer's all I said to her was 'I think they are simply showing a correlation not causation' really what I thought is people don't let grandparents with early symptoms of the disease babysit. We can't trust my mom to be honest about what goes on if she is alone with the kids and my inlaws have proven they can't respect our wishes with a baby. Add to that DH having an issue with every single babysitter I interview
    What are his issues?

• @pokedot we saved money on our insurance when we switched when I bought my new car (a upgrade from a 2008 to a 2015) but hey we''ll take the money :)

@dimples12 I hope your little one arrives soon!  you are so close to the end!

@shiggybop DS has been watching of curious George as they have the earlier seasons.  they also have the animated version of the books room on the broom and the gruffalo.  which he is a fan of.  those might be worth checking out

I just got into work about an hour or so ago.  I am really sort of sad about the lack of snow we got here (only about two inches when we could have gotten a foot or so).  I think i was the one more so than my child who was hoping for a snow day!!!  however the parking lot at work is empty so i guess several other people just decided not to come....
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Pokedot said:
    hmp1 said:
    What are your fav jeans? I don't think B is as slender as Leo or James but I'm always up for some suggestions. Poor kid has short legs and a long torso. Pants are a bit hard for him.
    My kids are tall and skinny. I like RUUMs skinny jeans. I got the skinny straight slim rugged jeans for $5. James is in the boys' sizes now. I don't think the toddler (up to 4t) had any jeans left.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Pokedot said:
    hmp1 said:
    My kids are tall and skinny. I like RUUMs skinny jeans. I got the skinny straight slim rugged jeans for $5. James is in the boys' sizes now. I don't think the toddler (up to 4t) had any jeans left.

If your in 6-9 months you could score some awesome stuff. As DH says "None of our kids will be able to wear skinny jeans. We've got thighs." Ha! Thanks for the recommendation. I did get him 1 pair of skinnies from ON and they fit pretty good but usually he's a loose or boot cut kind of kid.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    Pokedot said:
    hmp1 said:
    Pokedot said:
    hmp1 said:

If your in 6-9 months you could score some awesome stuff. As DH says "None of our kids will be able to wear skinny jeans. We've got thighs." Ha! Thanks for the recommendation. I did get him 1 pair of skinnies from ON and they fit pretty good but usually he's a loose or boot cut kind of kid.
    Last year was the first year James could pull off skinny pants, now he has to have them. Leo can do both. He has cute little chicken thighs but still has a tummy.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    I just saw that a company I'm involved with has fertilizers for sale on their webpage.  They use the words like natural, extended slow release, and organic... they aren't a registered fertilizer supplier with the State Chemist and those words are big no-nos if you don't have the proper paperwork.  For example, if you as a consumer are buying Organic, you expect it to meet certain stipulations.

ETA:  posted too soon, I wasn't even going to post this bc BORING, haha, sorry

I would be super mad. My mom always says she will help and then flakes out. It's so frustrating. I have no advice. I have pretty much stopped asking her for help.
    My mom never even offers, so there is that.

I guess--hmmm.  I get the frustration.  But if you *know* she's like this--maybe it's easier to adjust your expectations than it is to expect her to conform to them?  Like you *know* you won't be at work at 7 the days Grandma babysits?
  • I tried to look at RUUM and I can't stand the site.  If they have 2 straggling items under each category, why can't they just have a view all items option?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"