LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Let's see your 10 things, please and thank you! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• KH826KH826 member
    edited January 2015

1. We were supposed to get over a foot of snow last night. We didn't. We got a dusting. I was all pumped and excited for Will's first big snow and to work from home in my PJs and bake something tasty... well, I am at work and the roads are just wet. I am really bummed.

2. I know all our friends up in the Beantown area are getting "hammered" though - as my mom would say. My mom sent me a picture of the back door to her deck and a snow drift up to her waist. She is currently trying to figure out how to let her little 15 lb dog outside.

3. I'm tired. I woke up at 3:30am and looked out the window expecting to see a bunch of snow and then snuggle back in bed... all I saw was pavement and nothing falling from the sky. I was so mad I couldn't fall back to sleep. Darn you tricky storm!

4. One of my FB friends posted an article about homonormativity and why it is bad. I am having a hard time with it. Based on this article, people like me are ruining the gay rights movement. I am being inflammatory with that statement... but I have lots of mixed feelings and don't feel ready to articulate any of them intelligently. I may post the article later and see if folks would like to discuss...

5. I am slightly annoyed when I introduce J as "my wife" and then the person I am speaking with refers to her immediately thereafter as "your partner." Why is this? I didn't think I would care, but I like to think that I get to decide which label feels right for me, and I am legally married, and if I like "wife" better than "partner" then the world at large should respect that. I feel like it is not accidental when this happens. Maybe I am over thinking this. It recently happened with the doctor I saw last week (not my primary care, someone else in the practice who I hadn’t met before). I said “my wife” and the Dr replied a minute later with “your partner.” I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it is still irking me almost a week later…

6. We are waiting on 2 more pieces of paper work in order to do our taxes. I am feeling super antsy and just want to get everything to our accountant ASAP. I hope we can get what we need this week so we can get this party started!

7. I think my coworker friend whose baby just turned 1 last week is pregnant again. This is totally a hunch that I have that is based on no real evidence. I hope I am right, and I hope she tells me soon! Until then I will just keep it to myself and hope that it is true J

8. Some days my strong desire to get back to my goal weight isn’t that strong, and I just don’t care. I am not sure why I suddenly feel this way, but I need to kick myself in the butt and get back on the losing train. Can I order some motivation with my Amazon Prime membership and have it shipped to my doorstep for free in two days?!?! NO?!?! Oh, fine.

9. I brought soup for lunch today for my faux snow day. Why is it only 10am? I want my soup!

10. I suppose I will get another cup of coffee… happy Tuesday, all! J

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. it's still snowing
    2. there's about 2 ft
    3. glad i can't shovel
    4. wish i could fit in my snowpants
    5. blizzard warning still in effect
    6. DW is shoveling... still 
    7. glad i didnt go into labor during blizzard
    8. junk food all day!!!
    9. turn the heat up!
    10. PIPs
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  We have 27" of snow so far and it is still falling.

2. R is outside snow blowing incase they decide to open her store at noon.

3.  We had pancakes and eggs for breakfast so yummy.

4.  I managed to push my hand through a glass door last night.  So lucky I only got a couple minor cuts or we would have been driving to the ER in the blizzard of 2015.

5.  I went out with my dog for a little he was loving the snow but it was taller then he is so he just hopped around out there.

6.  Since we are snowed in we can get some of the stuff checked off our to do list pre-baby today.

7.  Knowing I don't have to work until Thursday makes this weather much more enjoyable.

8. My best friend found out yesterday they are having a baby boy.  She really struggled getting pregnant and was still upset that they are having a boy and not a girl.  That kind of bothered me because all that should matter is that they are having a healthy baby. 

9.  I slept horribly last night.  I haven't been sleeping great in general lately.  I just want a good 8hrs without getting up multiple times to pee, change positions, throw up, or just sit there and think man I have horrible heart burn right now.

10.  SNOW DAY!!!!! If only I could enjoy a glass of wine while R is enjoying some cold beers.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• @KH826 - I felt the same way that you do about the snow back when Buffalo got 7 feet. We were also supposed to get some of that and I wanted a snow day. It never happened, which I am thankful for as I certainly didn't want 7 feet.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. I'm really glad that C and I got Fitbits. We both love them and it has motivated C to be healthier. That in turn helps me to keep my motivation.

2. Yesterday I started making a list of things/goals for us if this cycle didn't work. Kind of a life wouldn't be so bad without kids thing. My list includes me kicking it into high gear with the weight loss process, planning trips on the motorcycle, our trip to Florida (depending on our tax return) and getting backstage passes for the up coming Aerosmith tour if I can free up the money. FX that none of those things actually happen....

3. Today is 5dp5dt.

4. I'm pretty sure I have pushed the lift nothing over 15 pounds limit. I'm trying to keep it minimal.

5. Usually I have my W-2 by now. I would like to get our taxes filed soon. We are hoping for a decent return this year.

6. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to work while wondering if there's a snuggler (or two) in my ute and while I'm taking Benadryl. I would love a long nap right now!

7. My Mom made no bake cookies over the weekend and now I'm wishing I had brought some for my lunch. They would be a nice little sweet snack.

8. That's all I've got today thanks to what I will call Benadryl brain.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• KH826 said:
    4. One of my FB friends posted an article about homonormativity and why it is bad. I am having a hard time with it. Based on this article, people like me are ruining the gay rights movement. I am being inflammatory with that statement... but I have lots of mixed feelings and don't feel ready to articulate any of them intelligently. I may post the article later and see if folks would like to discuss...

5. I am slightly annoyed when I introduce J as "my wife" and then the person I am speaking with refers to her immediately thereafter as "your partner." Why is this? I didn't think I would care, but I like to think that I get to decide which label feels right for me, and I am legally married, and if I like "wife" better than "partner" then the world at large should respect that. I feel like it is not accidental when this happens. Maybe I am over thinking this. It recently happened with the doctor I saw last week (not my primary care, someone else in the practice who I hadn’t met before). I said “my wife” and the Dr replied a minute later with “your partner.” I know it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it is still irking me almost a week later…

Re: 4. I would like to see the article!

Re: 5. This bothers me too.  At work we have a daily email newsletter with office news -- events, lost and found, etc, and they publish birth announcements.  When B was born, my boss (who is a lesbian) submitted the info using the term "wife" as in "ball.and.chain and her wife S welcomed their son" etc.  The person who puts the newsletter together changed "wife" to "partner."  My boss was PISSED and complained to them.  Yay boss!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. B slept for a 12-hour stretch for the second night in a row.  Dare I hope this is his new normal?  Thank you winter-weight sleepsack!

2. S got up with him and let me sleep.  I slept until 9!

3. Obviously, my office is closed today.  I have no idea how much snow we have.  Lots.  I haven't been outside and I don't really plan on it.

4. S started installing cabinet locks and outlet covers.  Bring it, B.

5. I'm watching HGTV and having real estate envy.

6. @redrockmama, B doesn't have any teeth either and doesn't seem to be teething.  Every baby moves at his/her own pace I guess!

7. Weigh-in tomorrow for my first week back on WW.  I think I've done well and I'm eager to see it pay off on the scale.  Hopefully it will.

8. B will be 7 months old tomorrow.  Totally nuts.

9. We better not lose power because we have a shit-ton of food in our freezers.

10. Is 3 hours too long for a nap?  Wondering if I should wake B up...
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1- Can't wait for winter to end

2- Enjoying our snow day by watching a movie

3- Of course I get an acne breakout the week I have to accept a big award and get pictures taken :(

4- Still waiting on my LH surge

5- Also waiting on my DW W-2 so we can do our taxes

6- Learned that Virginia is not allowing the non biological mother on birth cert. if and when we get pregnant, we'll most likely give birth in DC, until we hear other wise, we are ashamed of VA!

7- Very glad our cattle dog does not herd cattle, as he is one of the most clumsiest dogs we know, he rolled off the bed the other night while sleeping, and fell off the couch last night while playing with his sister

8- We are really hoping for a BFP this time, as we are learning if we want to fight our insurance company over IVF, it'll be a waste of time :(

9- Has anyone tried the traditional medicinals pregnancy tea before and during their TWW?

10- Ready to start planting our veggie graden, go away cold
    Me - 31
    DW - 27

TTC since Aug 2014, HSG clear, blood work good, retroverted uterus (no reason to not get a BFP?)
    #1 Unmedicated b2b IUI-8/14 =BFN
    #2 Unmedicated b2b IUI-9/14 = BFN
    #3 Unmedicated b2b IUI-10/14 = BFN
    #4 Clomid/HCG trigger/Progesterone IUI-11/14 =BFN
    #5 Clomid/Progesterone ICI at home-12/14 = BFN
    #6 Unmedicated ICI at home-1/15 = BFN
    #7 Medicated ICI at home- 1/30 = BFN
    #8 Taking a break..... Maybe IVF if we win the lotto.

• 6. @redrockmama, B doesn't have any teeth either and doesn't seem to be teething.  Every baby moves at his/her own pace I guess!

I know right. It's so crazy though how different it can be. I'm kind of happy he doesn't have any teeth yet, it doesn't hurt too bad yet when he bites me ;)

9- Has anyone tried the traditional medicinals pregnancy tea before and during their TWW?

I did the Allegro queen bee balance before and during the TWW and did the pregnancy tea after I got a BFP. 

• winstan1 said:
    I dont always refer to the husband or wife in a straight couple as husband or wife, usually partner or SO, so I wouldnt think a gay couple would be offended. Not something intentional, just an oversight. I dont refer to gay men as husband and wife, either. Or the other half of wife of a lesbian couple husband. If shes your wife, are you her wife also? I personally think the term wife has a certain demeaning tone to it, so unless its kidding around with friends, I dont refer to anyone as a wife. Lots o lesbians I know object to it. So, I would assume that the person who changed it was just being insulting. 
    I totally get where you are coming from, and if someone were to refer to J as my partner unprompted, I would in no way take issue with that. I don't have any issue with the term partner, and I don't think wife is "better," it is just the term that I feel fits us. I like calling her my wife. I personally don't see any negative connotations with the word, but I understand and respect that others do. I guess my point is, if I call her my wife and make it obvious that is my term of choice, and then the person moments later says partner, whether it is a conscious effort or not they have gone out of their way to replace my word/label of choice with what they are more comfortable with. It bothers me...  

• 1. J and I had a hard chat this weekend. Marriage is hard that is all.

2. I have so much to do at work and it's making me want to just run away and hide. 

3. I have so many ideas about what I want to do with my career. None of them include continuing in the nonprofit field. Ooops. 

4. I'm so hungry. I'm down a couple more pounds and I don't even know how it's possible. I swear I eat all the time and am starving all the time. I need a second job to fund my appetite. 

5. We need to plan our trip to Portland in May. I am really excited to go, it will be my first time, and to see my sister.

6. J really wants to re-home our dogs. I get where she is coming from and think our lives would drastically improve if we did, but I'd feel terrible about it. Especially the one with aggression issues. I worry she'd just end up in a shelter :( M also  loves them soooo much. 

7. I am having a hard time coming up with 10 things today so I'll just stop here...

• 1. Arrived at work today to one child throwing up and the other one has lice. Oh the joys of being a nanny!

2. 7:30am run to Walgreens for treatment, applied it to his head awhile ago, let it dry and just spent 45 minutes combing his hair, which is long. Now I keep itching my head :(

3. Nanny kids love watching HGTV and the food network. Makes for a better lazy day because I don't have to watch cartoons.

4. Wish I could take a nap. Fatigue has been kicking my butt lately.

5. Finally going to my BIL's house this weekend so he can do my breaks. The guy at the shop said they need to be done ASAP!

6. L and I bought Scrabble. She loves board games and wants to have family game night when our kid(s) are older. That was her favorite night as a kid. We played Saturday night and she kept saying we were like 80 year old ladies :)

7. In June we are having a "serious" discussion about where we are going to live when our lease is up. We are on a 10 month budget plan to pay off bills and save a big chunk of money. We are either moving to Oregon or staying in Illinois but moving closer to her family. Moving would mean quitting my job, which I like and it's really good money, but my schedule won't work with having a baby. I hate getting of work at 10pm some nights :/

8. We were married in the courthouse, but really want a big wedding so we rented a barn in Michigan to have an actual wedding in 2016. L's mom was talking to her the other day about the wedding, our budget plan, saving money, the baby and moving. She thinks the barn wedding will be too expensive so she thinks we should rent a tent and have a wedding in their backyard. She said they could help pay for most of the stuff. It was nice of her to offer because she is one of the sweetest ladies, but I told L no.

9. Is it 8pm yet?! I'm so bored and wish I could go home. My long days usually don't feel as long because the kids are usually at school and I run all my errands and grocery shop.

10. It's Taco Tuesday. I told L tacos sounded good so she stopped after work to pick up all the stuff. She's so good to me :)

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• 1. @KH826 - it also really bothers me when other people switch out the term "partner" for "wife." I try to be mindful of what terms other people use and then use that term when speaking with them. The same courtesy would be nice.

2. I work in a state owned buiding that was built in the 80's. Up until today, it has had the same carpet that came with the building. Well, they actually started replacing the carpet last month, but the carpet in my office was replaced last night. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. I wonder if the rate of illness/allergies will go down. The old carpet was disgusting.

3. Ash has woken at 12:30am the last two nights - which is nights 5 and 6 (I think) of just one night wake-up. Z tried to get him back to sleep without me nursing him, but it wasn't happening. He screamed big time until I finally went in there. I'm happy that he's only waking once lately, but we HAVE to get night-weaning under control sometime soon.

4. Ok, this was weird - when I went into Ash's room this morning, I found blood in his crib. Not a ton - nothing overly concerning or anything, but definitely odd. Especially since I don't know the source of the blood. There was some on the edge of the crib as well as the sheets. I couldn't find any bleeding on his body, other than a little in the inside of his ear, which is not unusal since he scratches his ears a lot. The other culprit may be his nose, but it's hard to tell if his nose was actually bleeding. His nose is running and that may have wiped away any evidence of blood from the nose. Definitely weird, but he was happy and fine.

5. I ran about 3 miles on Sunday for the first time in forever. My legs are SORE. I hope I can turn the corner with my motivation (or lack thereof). I was happy that I did it when I was done. I just wish I could build in more consistency.

6. I had a thought that it would be really nice for Z and I to have a getaway before I get pregnant again, but if we stick to our original timing of trying in May/June, it is very unlikely. At what age did folks leave their little one overnight for the first time? I've never been away from Ash for a night and I don't like the thought of it, but I do think even a night away in a few more months would be rejuvenating.

7. TTC may get pushed back depending on when I can get Ash fully weaned, assuming I won't get my period until he is. It's a little disappointing, but I think I'm okay with it.

8. It's a beautiful 77 degrees here today. I should be outside (ETA: I wrote most of this list much earlier in the day, so this statement applied to the middle of the day when I was stuck in my office). The temps will drop again in a few days, but it's always nice to get a reprieve from winter every now and then. I wasn't built for cold weather. And by cold weather, I mean temps in the 40s.

9. We went to an impromptu dinner out with one of Z's friends who is in town. It all worked out except for I just realized that I didn't put a new crib sheet on (see #4) and I'm already in the dark nursing Ash and Z is at the grocery.

10. I think I'm out of things!

• 1. Midwife appointment went very well today- not too much downstairs poking- and I am cleared for all activity! But geez, I am going to miss them! (Not the poking... But the people!)

2. We have been preparing freezer meals like crazy!

3. I want to and don't want to back to work all at the same time.

4. I can't find a part for my sewing machine and it is bumming me out!

5. My niece loves to help me in the kitchen! She is so cute!

6. The pediatrician suggested that A and I stop with caffeine because of H's grumbly belly. It has been quite the journey... I had a pretty serious detox. Yuck!

7. Today is the one year anniversary of when we found out we would lose our first pregnancy. I am blogging about it and until I get the entry done I think I will feel like sad garbage.

8. Baby Hayden is such a good baby... But she really doesn't like to be put down. It's okay for now because there are 2 sets of arms... Who knows what will happen when I head back to work.

9. Happy birthday @Jazibel !!!!! I hope you get your birthday wish!

10. It's now almost 10:00 and it looks like it may be a long night for H...

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• @ATXmommas‌ A similar blood in the crib thing happened when I was a baby. Apparently my ear drum ruptured and I didn't cry or anything, my mom just saw the blood in the crib in the morning. Could that have been it?

• @ATXmommas‌ A similar blood in the crib thing happened when I was a baby. Apparently my ear drum ruptured and I didn't cry or anything, my mom just saw the blood in the crib in the morning. Could that have been it?

Yikes! I didn't think that it could be anything so drastic! He's had his ears checked recently and other than a little bit of fluid, they were all good. I didn't even think about calling the doctor, but perhaps I should to be safe.
  • Thanks. I'll call the doctor today. The only reason I'm suspecting nose over ear is because there was some blood on the top bar of the crib. But, he's certainly had his fair share of ear problems, so I can't rule that out.
  • Called the doctor and they did advise we bring him in as a precaution.  Everything's all clear.  We suspect he had a nosebleed as he has had a runny nose for a while and the constant wiping may have caused some irritation.  There is nothing in his mouth or ears that would lead us to think he bled from either.  These little ones…. they keep you on your toes!  And, what would a week be for us if we didn't go to the doctor!  I think we need our own parking space. :)
  • Glad he is ok :)

• 1. I went to the dentist today.  Not my favorite activity.  I normally prefer the new-fangled sonic-scrapey thing-y over the low tech scrapey thingy, but today the sonic-thingy hurt like the blazes. 

Okay, then I fell asleep and now it's Wednesday.  Oh well, I'll keep going.

2. We're watching Tarzan, the Disney version. (Is there any other version?) It's pretty excellent.  The good guys are about to win.  I love Disney movies.

3. Our old kitty, Sissy, is acting all weird and lethargic and not eating.  We've narrowed it down to her teeth on the lower right side.  She's almost 16 and she's had bad teeth as long as we've had her, so it's probably some kind of infection.  I'm feeling all worried and sick about it though.  She'll go to the vet tomorrow and get some meds.  I just worry because our kitty that died last year went from having some pain in one foot to being put down in less than a month.  :-(

4.  Friday is my surgiversary (a year after my big mass/ovary removal).  I'm so so lucky to live in this day and age.  It was such a treatable problem, that would have killed me in another time.  I'm so lucky to have good health insurance and great doctors.  I'm also so lucky that I didn't have cancer.  (Sorry, I know I've posted about this before, but it's on my mind a lot.)

5. I'm fighting off a cold and my coworkers keep encouraging me to take Emergen-C and Zinc pills.  Can't hurt, might help, right?

6.  Sweetie is trying to bribe Sissy into having some heavily watered down dinner.  Sissy doesn't think that sounds good. :-(

7. A couple nights ago, I did a lot of reading up about attachment parenting.  It sounds like a really nice theory that fits with the style I already know I have with kids: empathy, boundaries, more empathy.  Then I read that kids in daycare statistically have worse outcomes than kids that don't have daycare and I felt super discouraged.  If we were to wait until one of us could actually stay home, we'd be looking at waiting at least 4 more years, putting us around 32 before we could start having kids.  That doesn't really feel right to me.  Thoughts on attachment parenting from the group?

8. This week has been beautiful in Colorado.  Sunny and a high of 72 on Monday.  It was glorious.  I went for a run.  I am training (ish) for a 5K in April.  The only way I seem to be able to exercise consistently is if I have a race to train for.  Not that I run fast, or far, or anything.

9. I'm crossing everything for StacyLH24 this cycle.  

10. I love reading all the posts on this board.  Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
    -----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"