January 2015 Moms

Tuesday randoms!

britb618britb618 member
edited January 2015 in January 2015 Moms
Morning ladies! I'm up pumping and watching this crazy storm! Hope all the ladies in the north are safe and the ladies that were due date made it to hospital safely! I have decided that since my son isn't great at getting latched without screaming for a good 15 minutes that I'm going to bottle feed him at night and then pump so that he doesn't take an hour to feed- then bf during day when I have more patience for his antics! We'll see how this goes!

Re: Tuesday randoms!

• Just got done with a feeding. I have been having some serious issues with depression these past few days. I keep having total meltdowns. I'm so glad my husband has taken the next few weeks off work because he's the only way I'm getting through this so far. I love my baby girl so so so much but I miss my life before she was here. I miss being able to take showers together with DH and shooting pool until 3 am and going on dates several times a week. We were the kind of people who do everything together, cooking, cleaning, cuddling 24/7. But between the surgery and the baby we hardly get to do any of that. And then I feel guilty for missing those things. I'm just hoping things start getting better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @SheHulk723‌, I hope things get better for you. It's normal to mourn your life before a little bit, but if you're super depressed for several days straight, I'd talk to someone about it. And you can still take showers together after kids!

I am BFing DS2 and thinking about pumping after, but I'm getting pretty tired.
  • Got up to pee this morning at 4:30 for the 100th time and there was some bright red blood. I feel like I have period cramps and some lower back pain. My due date was yesterday and guess what? We are in the midst of a GD Blizzard with a state of emergency because of the 3 feet of snow we are expected to get. This can't be happening now. Uugghh
  • MrsFaFa2 said:

Got up to pee this morning at 4:30 for the 100th time and there was some bright red blood. I feel like I have period cramps and some lower back pain. My due date was yesterday and guess what? We are in the midst of a GD Blizzard with a state of emergency because of the 3 feet of snow we are expected to get. This can't be happening now. Uugghh

That's how my labor started! Hopefully you make it to the hospital safely with the storm!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck @MrsFaFa2‌ !

Still no labor so off to work I go... SO not looking forward to all the "you're still pregnant?!" and "what are you doing here?"s today...
  • Once Missy starts with bottle I think DH is doing the 11 pm feeding. This way I can sleep from 9ish to 2am hopefully. Hoping to introduce next weekend when she's two weeks maybe
  • elleswarthelleswarth member
    edited January 2015
    At 4 weeks yesterday, LO has still yet to form any sort of pattern or routine. Sometimes she will go 6 hours without wanting to eat, sometimes it's 2. Even if I try to feed her every 4, if she isn't hungry, she'll just stare at me with the bottle in her mouth and not eat. Definitely arguing more with H over "turns" lately. He's in for a rude awakening when I go back to work in 2 weeks!

I'm an idiot and went to my favorite vinyasa yoga class yesterday for the first time after doing no workouts since my BFP. Hour and a half in the heat getting my ass handed to me, and today, I can't walk or lift my arms. Brilliant idea.
  • @Christeng87‌ - try using vitamin E oil on your nipples. I used it religiously after every feeding and they have completely healed in less than a week. It will stain clothes so I either put nursing pads in my tank top or just let them air out while sleeping. LO started getting chapped lips and that cleared after a day and a half just from the oil that transferred (it's safe for babes).
  • Good luck to all the snow storm mommas!!
    Heading to an OB follow up from my RCS today. DH went back to work yesterday, so my mom took the next 3 days off of work to spend with me and LO. My mom is not too bad but I feel ya @LaBellaVida.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good luck with the storm and labor @MrsFaFa2‌ I would be freaking out. @SheHulk723‌ I'm sorry the depression is hitting you so hard. I think it's normal to miss life pre baby.

My smart ass DD (4), I got on to her for not listening and told her to go do something. She stuck her tongue out at me (thinking i couldn't see) and I snatched her up and popped her little behind and told her not to do that because its rude and ugly. She then proceeded to tell me that she didn't stick her tongue out at me, she was just pointing with her tongue. OmG, she has my smart ass wit, I'm in for a treat when she hits her teenage years.

@robsbabygirl08‌
    Ahahahahahahaha! Sounds like we are in the same boat! Mines 3 and I told her to get out (of the room) and she said no, it's my house you get out. I also told her to zip it once and she replied "I can't I don't have a zipper mom!"
    @Skylerpete‌ where do they come up with this stuff? I told her to check her attitude and she looked down her shirt and said its fine!
  • Scheduled a doctor appointment for 9 day old baby girl :-( she seems fine normal diapers behavior etc (or so I think). She has a large rash all over her tummy that I just don't like and Is slightly warm. I really hope she's ok. This mommy is nervous and can't wait until 3pm
  • I can't do the back and forth thing so unless everyone leaves this board I'll prob just stay here. I miss some of the old regs but this is just easier to use bc of the app for me.

My husband and I have been fighting since last night- I keep trying to make up and he is just being an ass so then I go and get all upset again and he has yet to even care. So I'm over it. I am one week post RCS, sore, tired and need to worry about the actual children in the house- not an adult who acts like one. So I'm gonna poor myself a mimosa after I finish pumping and hang with my mom for the day. Thank god she is here, she has legit been a life saver the past week and a half, taking care of my dd, cooking for dh and I and cleaning and constantly doing the laundry. I tried to tell her to just relax with my dd but she just keeps doing stuff so I've decided to let her, she's leaving Sunday so I might as well enjoy it while she is here bc next week with dh will def not be a picnic - hopefully he will realize how lucky he was though once he has to help out more and show a little more appreciation to me and my mom. I'm glad at least he's showing her respect and talking to her bc normally when we fight he will hide out and not talk to anyone and THAT would be the last straw for my mom.

• @littlefoote I agree I go to other site to lurk and check on everyone but since it's harder to use I post here
  • I feel out of things, but what is this other site?
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • I feel out of things, but what is this other site?
    It's the one the parenting board keeps mentioning. Where all the so called "bad apples" of the bump have disappeared to after everything that happened here. They have created a whole separate site for everyone who's left this one, but we're not technically supposed to mention it. But that's the "other site"
    @littlefoote thanks, I guess I will check out parenting just because I am curious. Not planning to go anywhere, I hardly have time to make it on here!
  • First night home went way better than I remember with my other two. Probably helped that I got a few hours of sleep.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• There's an app that makes the other place easier to use.

I can't wait to play that drinking game @ach831

• @megan81112‌ Ooo I'll look into the app. Then I can hang in both when board :D
  • Thanks @littlefoote‌ he came in from shoveling in a better mood but we still aren't speaking to one another unless everyone is around. I tried again to say I'm sorry so we could move past it and he said he's still too angry- which is absurd so honestly I'm over it-he can be 'angry' all he wants, no skin off my back- I should be the one pissed but I don't think it's worth my energy
  • Just got done with a feeding. I have been having some serious issues with depression these past few days. I keep having total meltdowns. I'm so glad my husband has taken the next few weeks off work because he's the only way I'm getting through this so far. I love my baby girl so so so much but I miss my life before she was here. I miss being able to take showers together with DH and shooting pool until 3 am and going on dates several times a week. We were the kind of people who do everything together, cooking, cleaning, cuddling 24/7. But between the surgery and the baby we hardly get to do any of that. And then I feel guilty for missing those things. I'm just hoping things start getting better.

Your post made me cry bc you echoed what I've been feeling and been ashamed to admit. I feel like a bad mother for missing my old life... Just like yourself, my H and I did everything together. I know I don't post much but I do lurk a lot and so greatful being part of this community and knowing that what I'm not the only one that struggles.

• Trek3Trek3 member
    edited January 2015
    Trek3 said:
    I feel out of things, but what is this other site?
    It's the one the parenting board keeps mentioning. Where all the so called "bad apples" of the bump have disappeared to after everything that happened here. They have created a whole separate site for everyone who's left this one, but we're not technically supposed to mention it. But that's the "other site"
    @littlefoote thanks, I guess I will check out parenting just because I am curious. Not planning to go anywhere, I hardly have time to make it on here!
    There are quite a few J15 regs in the "other site" J15
    We may need a poll about who is going, staying, and doubling up!
  • Decided to get out of the house for a bit today to hopefully improve my mood... walked out to find out my husband's car got towed... this is NOT what we needed right now!!! I'm so stressed now. Thank god we had taken out the car seat so we were able to get to our pedi appt. In good news, Aylah is back up to her birth weight! She had dropped from 8 lbs 7 oz to 6lbs6 in 3 days. But now at 1 week her weight is back up. So that makes me happy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Valm999 said:

Just got done with a feeding. I have been having some serious issues with depression these past few days. I keep having total meltdowns. I'm so glad my husband has taken the next few weeks off work because he's the only way I'm getting through this so far. I love my baby girl so so so much but I miss my life before she was here. I miss being able to take showers together with DH and shooting pool until 3 am and going on dates several times a week. We were the kind of people who do everything together, cooking, cleaning, cuddling 24/7. But between the surgery and the baby we hardly get to do any of that. And then I feel guilty for missing those things. I'm just hoping things start getting better.

Your post made me cry bc you echoed what I've been feeling and been ashamed to admit. I feel like a bad mother for missing my old life... Just like yourself, my H and I did everything together. I know I don't post much but I do lurk a lot and so greatful being part of this community and knowing that what I'm not the only one that struggles.

In in kind of the same boat, but I've decided I'm just going to take baby with us. I might be seen as a bad mom, but I don't want to give up things like watching soccer games in a bar and watching a movie with DH every night. I have a mini soccer star in the making, so I'm sure he'll love it. Might just bring ear plugs.

I read somewhere that kids who see their parents in a loving, dedicated relationship have an easier time learning to love like that. DH comes first, even over my baby, as long as everyone is fed and clean and taken care of. Plus, DH is just so freaking attractive holding our baby that I'm not going to be able to keep my hands off him for much longer.
  • I think 'the randoms' just like to be entertained, that's why they want to know what the other board is. It had gotten a bit tense on here since all the new rules. Change could be good sometimes. I enjoy you ladies some of your stories melt my heart, an some I can totally relate to. If you all where to disappear I would miss you guys!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"